1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Defending

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by newblood8, 26 October 2006.

1. newblood8

newblood8 League 2

3 August 2003
    Gladbeck, Germany
    Schalke 04, Liverpool FC
    Played about 10 matches now (against CPU and mates) and compared to PES 5 defending seams to be a lot harder. I´m always miles away from the strikers. It seems that the option I "worked" with in PES 5 is not there anymore. You were able to choose if you play your defence with a sweeper or "line defense" (I think it was called) and that worked fine. So the "line defense" which I used to select is gone.

How do you guys find defending on PES 6?

2. s0ulstarr

s0ulstarr Pro-Gamer

11 October 2006
    Leerdam
    Ajax
    CRAP !

I serious am losing controle of my self !! (lol) hahaha..

The defenders are wayyyy tooo slow..but i'f im attacking..
    wauw.. the defenders beat me up !!! :(

3. KJK1LL3R

KJK1LL3R League 2

1 April 2005
    Why have knoami done this? This makes me so angry! Less goals means its more realistic! I dunno whats put this goals obsession into their heads! I used toi love defending and being good at defending in PEs/WE games but now WE10 & PES6 have ruined that! Shame on you konami!

4. newblood8

newblood8 League 2

3 August 2003
    Gladbeck, Germany
    Schalke 04, Liverpool FC
    OK, thanks. So I don´t do it wrong. I thought I was pretty good in defending on PES5. I will probably get the Piggybag book and see if there are some tips for better defending. It must work somehow.

5. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    defending is so much more about timing this time.
    Step in to quickly and the striker will pass you as if you werent there.

Best thing is to block the path he's trying to take.
    If you time it well you have a good shot at getting the ball.

Personally i think its very realistic. But i agree it takes some getting used to. I played WE10 for the last 6 months so ive no probs with it anymore

6. Caniggia

Caniggia League 1

25 February 2002
    Helsingborg
    Back of, be there. That's the key.