Days Gone [PS4]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Placebo, 14 June 2016.

1. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Maybe I wrote off the PS4 too early!!!!

Days Gone has a really good vibe about it, obviously little details but has a last of us/walking dead kind of dystopic post apocalyptic vibe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkpE8neKrJU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07I7KCLuS3Q

Last edited: 14 June 2016
  2. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    A cheesy Deryl simulator? Never thought as a RESI fan id say but im fed up with zombie games :'D

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Looks great to me, day one! Not a Resi fan personally it never did anything for me, I like stuff like DayZ, The Last of Us, State of Decay etc. Zombie games in an open world not a linear story. :)

5. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Added the gameplay footage, hadn't seen that before, now that looks amazing!

6. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    Looks amazing. Watching that demo made me very nervous.
    Loved the last of us as well so good expectations of this one.

7. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Looks very nice.

FD

8. mvs2k9

mvs2k9 Mia san Mia

22 July 2010
    Viet Nam
    FC Bayern München
    So close :SHOCK:

9. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    Game may end up being great but I'm very nonplussed by what I've seen so far, for some reason.

10. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Probably for the same reason as me.. Zombies are so 2013.

11. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I liked the look of it from day one and haven't seen anything that put me off, just hope it's somewhat open world and not narrow linear paths to force a narrative.

Jimi_Zuko likes this.
  12. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Still cant understand why do they call it "open world" game. How is it open world?
    It looks like Last of Us or Uncharted. Everything is scripted and you follow the story like a movie... how is it open world??
    Am I missing something here??

13. bsmaff

bsmaff International

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    It is open world because you can go right or left to get in a specific building.. And check out the trash can round the back.

Emroth likes this.
  14. Isslander

Isslander Gordon's alive!

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    What have you seen that makes you think it is not open world? Looks like any other recent open world game to me, this place could have been ripped straight out of Far Cry 5, apart from the roads muddying up. The trailer above even mentions enemy camps, a mainstay of the open world genre.

Last edited: 26 January 2019
  15. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Every action gameplay from this game that I've seen so far has heavily scripted/directed action sequences, where camera is changing angles and hordes of zombies are trigered by player actions.
    It looks like uncharted, where you are merely a participant in "action movie sequences".
    I've been following gameplay videos from the start as I really like this type of games.

But the whole "open world" thing looks to me like the "freedom" you had in the Last of Us, where "open world" was just down to you having "freedom" to get from A to B, and you could get there around a house from the left, around the house from the right, or through the house.
    Once you get to point B its starting up another action sequence like Uncharted. Open world games dont have such sequences cos there is too many ways you can go.

I hope Im wrong, but if Im right - thats a bit missleading to call it an open world.
    RdR2 is an open world, Skyrim is an open world, Last of Us definetely wasnt..

Edit:

If this is an open world then this is the most interactive open world I've ever seen.

Last edited: 26 January 2019
  16. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    That particular mission is obviously a story mission, it's not unusual for those to be heavily scripted in open world games. Hell, I spent a few minutes trying to get a rifle from my saddle in RDR2 but the game wouldn't allow me to do it because Dutch hadn't explicitly told me to get it.
    I haven't really seen anything to sell me on this game though. Probably cause zombies bore me as monsters in any medium.

17. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Like I said, pal. I really hope that Im wrong and you're right.
    I hope we will have complete freedom in Days Gone.
    But from day 1 I was hoping to see a video, that would show me, beyond all doubt, an open world of Days Gone. So far I havent seen one.

18. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Dutch is a ******! :LOL:
    Im not holding my breath either.
    Im a big fan of post apocalyptic games/movies. Doesnt matter if the world is full of zombies, animals, mad-max-wannabies or simply - empty.
    Thats why Im so hopeful that there will be a proper open world there, which would allow simple exploration and survival.
    If its another action packed Last of Us, I will get it at some point, but wont be spending top dolla on release day.

There are other games that look much more promising, like Last of Us 2, Ghost of Fukishima or Death Stranding.

Isslander likes this.
  19. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    It is open world! It’s clear since the announcement. You can roam around like you want.

20. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Nope. It wasnt clear. There were talks about semi-open world, then open world, they couldnt give clear answer. And from all the gameplay trailers ive seen it felt like semi open world. You get to a point whichever way you want but missions looked contained in some spaces like Last of Us. There was way too many scripted cut scenes there for this to be open world. At least that was my feeling about it. I might be wrong, but until its released and until i see people play and roam around im not getting it.
    Ps. Not even sure is it out yet..

21. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    there will be day/night cycle, there will be weather, stuff scattered around the world for you to collect, enemies or animals will not always be at the same place, zombies are changing locations,
    my strong feeling is, i think of it as a real open world. you are the first one i read about who thinks otherwise. but its all good. do that.
    i say its open world! :PP if its not, i'll apologize to you and hit myself in the belly a few times! :D

edit: i read a lot of "roaming": http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/guide_days_gone_faq_-_everything_you_need_to_know

free roam gameplay videos:

edit2:
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/22/...-world-full-of-fast-zombies-wolves-and-bears/

even better, read this:
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...gone-differs-from-other-open-world-games.aspx

i am pretty sure its a real open world (not like TLOU for example)!
    have a good day mate!!

Last edited: 12 April 2019
    Emroth likes this.
  22. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Hopefully! I really hope it is. Open World games are so much more enjoyable.
    They pushed release date few times and its in development for many years now so maybe they changed the approach.
    Its one of those times where I hope that im wrong and i dont even mind hitting myself in the belly afterwards. Its gonna be a pleasant pain. ;)

23. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    This will either be great or a broken buggy glitchy stuttery clunky mess, fingers crossed!

Gunslinger likes this.
  24. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Championship

5 September 2016
    My thoughts exactly.

25. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    Can’t wait... :ROCK:

nevcapr and Isslander like this.
  26. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    Not for me this one, never liked zombie games or movies. I always get very nervous whenever i hear them growl.

Anyway, i can imagine this will be a great game for the lovers of this genre.

27. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    Quick look out from Giant Bomb, WARNING: May be too spoilery if you are 100% going to play the game.

28. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Eurogamer's review makes it sound exactly as I thought it would end up - i.e. a copy of similar games, but worse, buggy as hell, and with a story so determined to be macho-tough that it ends up being pretty stupid.

Isn't it weird how every console exclusive seems to be crap?

29. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    what!? crap!?
    what about GOW!? Uncharted!? TLOU!? Horizon ZD!? (or on XO: Forza!?)

and reviews from video game mags... come on man! you should know better! ;) but if you do rely on these reviews... eurogamer gave Far Cry New Dawn a "Recommended"! put that in perspective! ;)

nothing personal here, as you know! :)

edit:

Chilleverest likes this.
  30. Isslander

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    That's just plain wrong