Dark Souls

How do you do that? I've read you can summon the guy you can talk to before the bridge but you need to be human? I did have 5 humanity stones but have used them all regenerating energy v Gargoyles. Although using the humanity stone doesnt seem to change me to human i still look like death?

Seems a bit crazy that the game is a single player but you need to do boss battles in co-op mode.

might be a bit late now seeing as you posted this 3 weeks ago

you can farm humanity by killing rats, best place if you've opened it up is the sewers in the depths, from the bonfire there's about 18 rats you can kill in a run that'll take you 3 or 4 minutes

if not you can kill the 3 rats in the room under the bridge with the dragon on it then run back to the bonfire at ther bottom of the ladder to respawn them, you'll not farm loads in this area but it's useful to keep some on you so you can revive & summon a npc/another player before boss fights

if you consume humanity it'll raise your item discovery, the default rating with 0 humanity is 100 and you can increase it up to 210 by consuming 15 humanity (with the covetous gold serpent ring equipped you can raise it to 410) it also raises curse resistance and your defense stats

to become human consume 1 humanity then rest at a bonfire and select reverse hollowing, just note that in human form other players can invade your game

you don't need to do boss battles in co-op mode, it's just an option to help you out if you get stuck much like in demon's souls where you could summon other players or some of the npc's would help you out if you triggered certain events

might be a bit late now seeing as you posted this 3 weeks ago

you can farm humanity by killing rats, best place if you've opened it up is the sewers in the depths, from the bonfire there's about 18 rats you can kill in a run that'll take you 3 or 4 minutes

if not you can kill the 3 rats in the room under the bridge with the dragon on it then run back to the bonfire at ther bottom of the ladder to respawn them, you'll not farm loads in this area but it's useful to keep some on you so you can revive & summon a npc/another player before boss fights

if you consume humanity it'll raise your item discovery, the default rating with 0 humanity is 100 and you can increase it up to 210 by consuming 15 humanity (with the covetous gold serpent ring equipped you can raise it to 410) it also raises curse resistance and your defense stats

to become human consume 1 humanity then rest at a bonfire and select reverse hollowing, just note that in human form other players can invade your game

you don't need to do boss battles in co-op mode, it's just an option to help you out if you get stuck much like in demon's souls where you could summon other players or some of the npc's would help you out if you triggered certain events

I killed the main Gargoyle and the small gargoyle only had a small bit of health left then my internet cut off and for some odd reason this game resets itself because of this...the only game i know to do this purely because you lose connection to the internet. :RANT:

Cheating bastard of a game so needless to say after spending so much time trying to beat them then it resets itself it was time to trade, cheers for the tips though i did kill those 3 rats quite a number of times and didnt get any humanity from them at all.

Game was good but like GT5 you need to do too much grinding which for me is a bit of a chore.

I killed the main Gargoyle and the small gargoyle only had a small bit of health left then my internet cut off and for some odd reason this game resets itself because of this...the only game i know to do this purely because you lose connection to the internet. :RANT:

Cheating bastard of a game so needless to say after spending so much time trying to beat them then it resets itself it was time to trade, cheers for the tips though i did kill those 3 rats quite a number of times and didnt get any humanity from them at all.

Game was good but like GT5 you need to do too much grinding which for me is a bit of a chore.

:LOL:

Another victim of Demon Souls & Dark Souls...

I remember when i played Demon Souls i died to Flamestrike demon so many times that i almost give up playing. But after some videos on youtube of people killing him i gave a shot again and killed him, finally. In the end i was already so strong for so many time trying to kill flamestrike that the rest of the game was piece of cake.

Btw, i killed flamestrike and 90% of the other demons of Demon Souls alone.

I´m stuck again in Dark Souls on that demon with some dogs and gave a break in the game, but soon i will come back playing it, for sure.

I remember when i played Demon Souls i died to Flamestrike demon so many times that i almost give up playing. But after some videos on youtube of people killing him i gave a shot again and killed him, finally. In the end i was already so strong for so many time trying to kill flamestrike that the rest of the game was piece of cake.

I´m stuck again in Dark Souls on that demon with some dogs and gave a break in the game, but soon i will come back playing it, for sure.

I would of stuck at as i was enjoying it but im not into it cheating due to my internet dropping off that was just a cheap shot that was not needed.

I would of stuck at as i was enjoying it but im not into it cheating due to my internet dropping off that was just a cheap shot that was not needed.

You can play it offline, mate. I killed the gargoyles alone, after a lot of attempts and as a ghost, no humanity. I suggest you use firebombs while they are away and not being in front of them when they will firebreath, you need a good shield in case of there´s no escape from the firebreath you can block it. I also suggest you to run if you´re surrounded by them and try to attack them in the back.

It's all about strategy against that demon. First you need to kill the dogs. Move to get out of range of the demon and kill the oncoming dogs. Then you can either run like crazy upstairs and jump down to try to stab the demon from the back, but if you get to know his attacks and have a powerful shield, you can kill him in a fair combat, you just need to move sidelines and attack properly.

I died in less than 30 seconds the first 10 times. Then I realized how I should fight and defeated him in the 11th. Mind you, in the later stages you can find levels full of enemies like this one... So you have to master the strategies of face-to-face combat in close spaces because sooner or later you will need it.

the hardest thing i found with the capra demon was the camera moving all over the place in a confined space, if you lock on it makes it even worse

now i've got my equipment sorted i thik i should be able to beat it without any problems on the next playthrough

as for the capra demons in the demon ruins, they're easier to deal with because of the lack of camera issues, just use a bow to lure them away one at a time and they're a piece of piss to kill

Dark Souls is very easy game if you know what to do!Most bosses are weak at lightning,poison..

Last edited:
Jesus wept. Just literally took me well over 50 attempts to kill the Black Knight on top of the tower near the Dragon on the bridge. Maybe even closer to 100. If you've played this, that means going back quite a distance each time and killing the guys and rats all the way, 50 - 100 times!! I was not going to be beaten by it. My Drake sword wasn't doing much, neither were firebombs or knives. So I slowly built my Strength up to 25 using souls I was collecting and that allowed me to use a Zweihander sword I'd picked up in the graveyard earlier. Two hits and the Knight was dead. I've now got his Greatsword but need Strength 32 for that.

Wow. I mean, f*ck me this game is tough at times.

This game is as tough as rewarding. I'm pretty sure you celebrated killing a simple enemy like you hadn't in years.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, there is a firecamp pretty near, in the church below where the dragon is at first. But I played +1 year ago, so I may be wrong.

Most of the time beating an enemy involves discovering how to hurt him and it depends as well on the type of character you are building. I rely more in agility than strength, so I had to roll around a lot to kill the knights, but with a good falchion and studying their moves you loose the fear quite quickly. My advise: go for a clear path of leveling up. If you go for strength, go for it and forget about miracles and only use a bit of magic. Balanced characters hardly make a difference in this game, you need to specialize.

The crazy thing is I didn't even need to kill the Black Knight or even take him on, I just wanted to beat him for my own sanity.

I'm focusing on Strength, Vitality and Endurance. The others levels haven't had a look in.

Read the thread and you will find plenty. Be patient, plan ahead How you will build your character and stay calm. If a strategy fails, try other things. You will die thousands of times and sometimes its better to farm souls and get stronger before advancing. Not all areas are doable at first, the game will make it clear for you....

Learn the weakness and pattern of each enemy and choose the right weapon and gear for your stats. Managing stamina is one of the keys of the game.

I keep trying to quit but miss playing it and get further in everytime I play and beat one more boss still don't understand most of the stats humanity etc lol.

When you rest at a bonfire you can use a Humanity drop you've collected to return to living form. In this state, you can summon other people (whether that being human or AI) to help you through various battles. Some of the boss battles are a hell of a lot easier with a follower or two and it is quite nice that others offer that assistance to be summoned to help you out. Just look for a yellow summon sign on the floor.

The downside of being in living form is your are susceptible to being invaded by another human (a phantom). They will enter your game and hunt you down purely to kill you. This can be very frustrating, especially if you've used your last Humanity to summon a helper with a boss, only for another guy to invade your game, kill you and you lose that Humanity. I've been invaded a few times and TBH I dread it when I hear the sound effect of an invader coming into your game. Quite terrifying knowing you're being hunted. Of course you could battle with them and win, but generally invaders are strong otherwise they wouldn't bother. I was next to a bonfire in Anor Londo, and used a Humanity as the two bosses in there are not easy at all. I waited around for a summon sign to appear on the floor. As I was waiting, I was invaded. I tried to wait it out in that room to see if the invader would get bored of looking. He eventually entered the room in his glowing red state, saw me, closed the door behind him so I couldn't escape and battered me with a giant hammer which sent shockwaves through the ground. I had no chance at all of beating him or getting away. Another time in the same place, I was invaded again waiting on a summon sign, and I hid on a high ledge adjacent to an open window for around 10 minutes, just hoping the guy would leave. Nope. He found me after he'd obviously searched high and low (the sound of a heart beat increases so you/he knows the other person is close). Ended up fighting on the building ledge and I ended up being knocked off to my death. I actually think I could have knocked him off TBH but I rushed in.

So yeah, the element of human aid is a very rewarding, but being invaded can suck. Although obviously you can invade games too.

Back
Top Bottom