London -> New York -> San Francisco
Liverpool FC
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1880519,00.html

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Silva loses leg after crash[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Uruguayan in coma after car accident[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] Staff and agencies
Monday September 25, 2006

[/FONT]
Former Portsmouth striker Dario Silva has undergone emergency surgery to amputate his right leg after crashing his car into a column of street lights in Uruguay.The 33-year-old and two other past Uruguayan internationals, Elbio Pappa and Dardo Pereira, were taken to hospital after the accident on the "Rambla", a Montevideo highway that fronts the River Plate Estuary, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Authorities revealed that the impact sent Silva hurtling through a side window, knocking him unconscious and causing the bone in his right leg to break through the skin. Despite their best efforts to save the leg, surgeons at La Espanola hospital were forced to amputate it from the knee down.

"Silva's situation is absolutely not solved with the amputation. We are worried about a possible infection," said Dr Mario Cancela, who added that Silva had been placed in a medically-induced coma, after fracturing his skull. "The patient is under a pharmacological coma. Now, we are interested in saving his life."The other two players suffered only minor injuries.
Silva played 49 matches for the Uruguayan national team, scoring 15 goals, and played the 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan. He is currently without a club after leaving Portsmouth in February.
A Fratton Park statement read: "Portsmouth football club would like to wish him a full and speedy recovery."

when me and my amatuer team where denied practice at an indoorfield we where like "someone has actually denied us from playing football, the acopalypse is near". then stories like these comes up and and it makes you think seriously. he can never ever shoot a ball again. hope he finds another sport that he can put his heart into...

the angle you are in when you shoot makes it hard for me to think it will work.
i mean it works for runners cuz their angle is always the same and their foots are always straight forward, footballers arent.

Maybe a goalkeeper could but definately not an outfield player. Thats asking for too much.

Back
Top Bottom