Custom Tactics 13

7 August 2004
Liverpool
Guess I'll start this off. We probably have quite a few settings from FIFA10 thread, the last time it was worthwhile. But anyway, so far I've done about 10 tactics based on the prem, but tbh we might be able to get it down to 6-7 universal sets for all teams with some input and tweaking from us all.

For the points I decided to go with 10-15 point differences per tactics, as I dont think a couple of points here and there between two teams will be noticable. Might even be better to go for 25 point steps, for example:

Passing; 1-25-50-75-99

This would give 5 distinct passing settings. Anyway, its all up for debate till we can come up with something most of us can agree on. The first step would be to select the different styles we will use/create for the teams. So far I've come up with;

Possesion freeform - Barca, Spain, etc
Focus on possesion at all times, midfield and attack switches positions at all times.

Possesion organised - Swansea, Liverpool, etc
Focus on possesion at all times, team and players keep shape and positions.

Counter balanced - Everton, England, etc
Defensive set up with a mix of long ball and short passing and organised positions.

Counter direct - WestHam, Stoke, etc
Defensive set up with focus on long ball attacks.

Counter freeform - ?
Defensive set up with fast short passing counter attacks with freeform movement up front.

Balanced freeform - Chelsea, City, etc
Organised defense with midfield and attack freeform.

Balanced organised - ManUtd, Spurs, etc
Organised defense with organised attack with focus on wingers.

I managed to test some matches with mostly possesion vs long ball teams and they worked well. I went to extremes with the settings, so swansea have 1 for speed and passing vs stoke who have 100 for speed and passing. Ended up with 60-70% possesion for swansea. Also tested chelsea vs WHU and chelsea really mixed play up with the attacking 4 all switching positions with every attack, whilst WHU were sloppy in possesion and lots of long balls. My setup is based on a tweak of placebo's user/cpu settings.

What do you guys think, anyone been testing them?

Last edited:
I agree that it is a good approach to break the slider down to around 5 distinct settings. That's how the sliders should be in the first place, imo.

For FIFA10, the generic sets I came up with were:

Counter Long (Deep defence, fast build up, long passing)
Counter Short (Deep defence, fast build up, short passing)

Press Mixed (High pressure, normal build up, mixed passing)
Press Short (High pressure, slow build up, short passing)

Possession (Medium pressure, v.slow build up, v.short passing)

Long Normal (Medium pressure, normal build up, long passing)
Long Slow (Medium pressure, slow build up, long passing)

Plus three variations of a balanced setup.

I think that covered most of the distinct styles. I didn't differentiate between Free-Form and Organised versions of the same style. Do you feel that this now makes a big difference in FIFA13?

The thing that slightly puts me off attempting this again is that I'm concerned that downloading a new squad update would (I guess) restore the clubs' assignments to default, and you'd have to assign them all again.

Havent managed to test the difference between freefrom and organised, but chelsea switched play up nicely so am hoping utd will stay more rigid on the wings. Yeah the squadupdate screws it all up again, but I tend to only play CM so once Ive got it set up I dont bother updating squads anymore.

I created my own 4-4-2 flat formation, When i took charge of Peterborough United in the Championship, I used Man City's custom settings and it's worked a charm, But that's great info you have posted, Well done....:APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

Would really like to get involved with this and help out with the creation of the tactics as I'm still relatively new to how they work I think it'd be fun to try and help make generic sets.

Ooh, this looks great. But yeah, I'm wary of putting in the time right now only for something to go wrong and it be reset/erased.

If people do it though, I'd love to hear how it changed things.

He has assigned a flat 442 formation to Villa, which isn't accurate. Lambert mostly favours a diamond. I guess his 4312v1 would be the closest one.

Ooh, this looks great. But yeah, I'm wary of putting in the time right now only for something to go wrong and it be reset/erased.

If people do it though, I'd love to hear how it changed things.

Just do an additional save of the rosters after you've finished - not the autosave mind you but go into the menu to manually save and name them something like Custom Tactic rosters. This way if your autosaved file somehow gets overwritten you'll have this 2nd backup file.

pff custom tactics vs AI are not needed, but online is different beast.

You'll most likely get raped by high pressuring/aggressive opponents :/.

For guys on PC download below file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v961hhphx3f76b7

and get this:

http://italia.soccergaming.com/inde...id=66&gid=95&orderby=dmdate_published&lang=it

Unpack backup-teams.rar to where you have FIFA 13 installed. Game\data\db (if you don't have db folder create it).

The above file has custom tactics and formations assigned to all teams. In much more realistic manner, so teams try to play like they do in real life. Expect to see Barcelona play tiki-taka short passing game, Stoke to play long balls to Crouch, West Ham to use fast wingers to cross ball onto Carroll, etc.

Player ratings were NOT touched.

Run i68 Regenerator. Click Go.

Wait till it finishes. Run the game and enjoy.

To use it in Career mode, select Current Customized.

To use it in Match of the Day (Exhibition) on team selection click Y to disable match day (it's A MUST).

Enjoy!

Last edited:

and get this:

http://italia.soccergaming.com/inde...id=66&gid=95&orderby=dmdate_published&lang=it

Unpack backup-teams.rar to where you have FIFA 13 installed. Game\data\db (if you don't have db folder create it).

The above file has custom tactics and formations assigned to all teams. In much more realistic manner, so teams try to play like they do in real life. Expect to see Barcelona play tiki-taka short passing game, Stoke to play long balls to Crouch, West Ham to use fast wingers to cross ball onto Carroll, etc.

To use it in Match of the Day (Exhibition) on team selection click Y to disable match day (it's A MUST).

Enjoy!
When you say run i68 regenerator wats that mate iv downloaded the files put them were they should be put.

Will this mess with my game tho as i have the mod of moddingway mate? Also having trouble downloading that of italia website wen i click to download it mate it keep loading and nowt happens.

Last edited:
What i have found with the custom tactics is pretty simply. the 3 most important are this....Pressure , Aggression and Team width.

If you get those 3 right then your formation can be really solid. I'm playing a flat 4-4-2 but with each club i have been with i adjust those 3 once i get it right I'm pretty solid.

Aggression is best kept between 50-55.

the lower you go with the pressure the more you allow the AI to have space and keep the ball. get this right and your players will be on them is seconds closing the space and pusing them back.

Width - Again get this right and your CB's will not leave big gaps for through balls and balls over the top.

Build up play and chance creation are just for your style of play, like short passing game or long passing game. also never use free form unless you have a world class team, as your players will be caught out of position time and time again.

I have been playing career mode management now for a while, If i get a new job i keep my 4-4-2 but i play around with those 3 most of all and as soon as i get them right my teams be solid.

At racing Santander if i added more width & Pressure it was solid as a rock. At Dundee less width as my defence was pretty poor and my back 4 became hard to break down.

This is just what i find to be the most important part of the custom tactics. Crosses and shots depends on you quality of wingers and strikers. Passing yes if with a weaker team then never play riskey passes. keep it mixed. World class team short. If you have a striker 6.4 plus then between mixed and long ball and max crosses.:)) And make sure your 2 wide men have decent crossing ability and cross early not the byline. As you will find he will score more headers.

Last edited:

and get this:

Enjoy!

Did you enter all these custom tactics yourself or? If you have and you are sharing your squad file with us you are really awesome! You've saved me a lot of editing mister. :)

Developed a really nice counter attacking tactic and set up that's proving to be very effective in my career mode if anybody is interested in it?

Back
Top Bottom