Curling and creating dipping shots?

hey dude... I'm the author of that video... hopefully these tips will be helpful to you...

I use analog stick for shooting(more accurate) and I aim where I want to place my ball and then just when the player makes the contact I press the direction of curving... it's not a 100% sure way of curling because it can be random from time to time but it sure helps to create it...
also it's easier to curve with R2 being pressed for placed shots... as for free kicks just hold up or down(depending on strength of the shot you want) + right/left to make it bend as much as it can...
also for curling you can make some really nice curling shots by cutting in from the wings, from left side with right footed player and from right side with left footed player and then shooting with R2 and pressing down(if you're cutting in from left) or up(if you're cutting in from right)

as for dipping shots - the only time you can control the dip are the free kicks and volleys, for normal shots it's more of a random thing(althought players with higher shot technique seem to develop those kinds of shots)
for free kicks that are far away(30+m) use up+square and hold up+right/left and then as the player is about to shoot press triangle to create maximum momentum where the ball will curve as much as it can which leads it to dipping as much as it can... for medium fks up+square, hold up+right/left but don't press the triangle(27-32 m), for normal range(24-27), press square and then just hold right/left, close range(22-24) down+square, hold down+right/left and for very close range (22m and less) press down+square, hold down+right/left and then as the player is about to shoot press X...
as for the volleys you just have to master the feeling, learning drive shots on training is a good way to develop one...

hopefully these tips helped you, if something is not clear to you, just ask...

also I'm quite glad you've found this video amusing :)
and btw you should really bug yourself about curling too much, I am quite sure you do it plenty of times without even noticing, best way to see if it curled is switching to player camera and reprising the shot while looking on the place ball hit at the end of it's trajectory like 1:40 or 1:47 in my video :)

Last edited:
hey dude... I'm the author of that video... hopefully these tips will be helpful to you...

I use analog stick for shooting(more accurate) and I aim where I want to place my ball and then just when the player makes the contact I press the direction of curving... it's not a 100% sure way of curling because it can be random from time to time but it sure helps to create it...
also it's easier to curve with R2 being pressed for placed shots... as for free kicks just hold up or down(depending on strength of the shot you want) + right/left to make it bend as much as it can...
also for curling you can make some really nice curling shots by cutting in from the wings, from left side with right footed player and from right side with left footed player and then shooting with R2 and pressing down(if you're cutting in from left) or up(if you're cutting in from right)

as for dipping shots - the only time you can control the dip are the free kicks and volleys, for normal shots it's more of a random thing(althought players with higher shot technique seem to develop those kinds of shots)
for free kicks that are far away(30+m) use up+square and hold up+right/left and then as the player is about to shoot press triangle to create maximum momentum where the ball will curve as much as it can which leads it to dipping as much as it can... for medium fks up+square, hold up+right/left but don't press the triangle(27-32 m), for normal range(24-27), press square and then just hold right/left, close range(22-24) down+square, hold down+right/left and for very close range (22m and less) press down+square, hold down+right/left and then as the player is about to shoot press X...
as for the volleys you just have to master the feeling, learning drive shots on training is a good way to develop one...

hopefully these tips helped you, if something is not clear to you, just ask...

also I'm quite glad you've found this video amusing :)
and btw you should really bug yourself about curling too much, I am quite sure you do it plenty of times without even noticing, best way to see if it curled is switching to player camera and reprising the shot while looking on the place ball hit at the end of it's trajectory like 1:40 or 1:47 in my video :)
thank you dude; your PES5 skill is one hell of a beast :WORSHIP: and your dribbling is awesome too

shooting by the analog stick = right stick manual pass, right?

btw, sometimes i use R2 to place a shot but the player just shoots a straight, topspin normal shot. any tips on fixing this?

and btw you should really bug yourself about curling too much, I am quite sure you do it plenty of times without even noticing, best way to see if it curled is switching to player camera and reprising the shot while looking on the place ball hit at the end of it's trajectory like 1:40 or 1:47 in my video
yes, there are a lot of time when my players curled it too much, but often grazing over the bar

Last edited:
for shooting I meant I use the left stick for movement and shooting although you can use sometimes right stick when you want to score a backheel or you are not sure will the player shoot over the bar and you need to score...

as for curling with R2 - just try cutting in from wings like I explained, you'll notice how much of a curl will player do when shooting like that :) (4:25,5:55 - it will do shooting animation like that, but as those were lobs just picture that kind of shot without ball being chipped)

heh, thx for compliment about dribbling, tbh I always liked dribbling a lot it's PES 6 that killed my will to dribble with it's stiff animations... it's all about fake shots, drop shoulders, longbridge and super cancel :), marseille roullete is quite useful as well but I don't use it much because I have type 2 setting for right analog stick(passing on touch of the direction instead of pressing r3 and direction)

about missing - don't worry, you should see some of my volley attempts, they end up wide and high in the crowd, but once you connect it properly it does an amazing dipping and curling shot, same is for usual shots :), just a matter question when you'll master it, I am getting volleys, hopefully one day I will rarely shoot wide and high and more often making threat for keeper :D

By the way, even though I watched this video before, I have to say I watched it again today and its really great. No need for special effects or anything because the action on the pitch is so good and you chose great music to accompany the video.
I used to make a compilation video but the video has been lost on the web and original is on a broken comp. Your vid inspired me to make a new compilation but need to finish all my editing first.

for shooting I meant I use the left stick for movement and shooting although you can use sometimes right stick when you want to score a backheel or you are not sure will the player shoot over the bar and you need to score...
still haven't understood this part right :( you mean using left stick to aim shots with Square button as normal, right?

could you upload your video to megavideo, myvideo, any other site? can't watch it because of stupid youtube-copyright bullshit. :))

@duo
yeh I use left analog stick instead of dpad, because it's more precise than regular dpad shot...

@opm
will do so tomorrow, I have to download it of youtube first cause I don't have it on my HDD anymore... btw what kind of bullshit does it give to you ? it didn't notify me about any copyright stuff or anything 0o

@duo
yeh I use left analog stick instead of dpad, because it's more precise than regular dpad shot...

@opm
will do so tomorrow, I have to download it of youtube first cause I don't have it on my HDD anymore... btw what kind of bullshit does it give to you ? it didn't notify me about any copyright stuff or anything 0o
you use Muse's songs in that video and opm is in Germany, where has very very shitty copyright laws or something like that so simply he just couldn't watch it LOLZ

Back
Top Bottom