Crossing in LE

well with R3 even if you get accuracy of it right it'll be too LOFTy and SOFT it'll be kinda like a single circle tap so why bother.

I do use manual pass quite a bit too...both aerial and on ground but not for crossing really.

PLF said:
Agreed Mauras except the R2 positioning bit.

Overall I still score those headers but they're far and few in between and nowhere near as much as previous versions. I find no matter what type of cross I use, there's always a defender there who heads it clear. Very rarely do I get to cross with nobody around and leaving my player unmarked that's why i'm not happy with my total # of goals from headers in this game.

Yet I do find R2 to be effective and it's because of that even the goals I DO get from headers. In some of them finally htere's only one defender and by using R2 at the right time I can slip JUST in front of the defender in last second and therefore get to ball first and head it in.

I've been reading this thread and trying out some of the tips here myself. And I find that it's true in most part. As Mauras said, it was easier in previous versions, yes but maybe that was because the AI defence was not as good. In WE8LE they really stick to you like glue and cut out the cross. Initially my though was the same as Mauras the heading way too difficult in this version. Then I read the post about using your rdar to spot the open man, and guiding your cross and player. (prev. I too never looked at the radar at all)

Using R2 to reposition and justle does work, but also depends on the cross coming in. Just hitting and hope does no good anymore, since the cross will go to where the palyer 'WAS' standing (which is usually covered by DF). You either have to lead, lag or go over (R2) when crossing.

When to use R1, R2, (none) combined with single, double or triple tap is totally up to you and the situation should dictate which is better to get the ball to your player.

Practice often and you'll soon get the feel for it.

After trying out various techniques I am slowly but surely improving my conversion of headed goals in WE8LE now. Can score more regularly now, although I'm not a headed goal machine yet. But I have now scored some great jumping powered headers, quite a few glancing ones, and many where you just nod in slightly ahead of the DF. (ball against head or head against ball ha.ha.)

I'm using Real Madrid in my ML. The strange thing that I can't understand now is that 90% of my headed goals are socred by Owen. His jump and header, physical stats are not the best. I have Martins in there as well, with higher jump and header, but doesn't seem to score that many.

Right now i'm imporving my CB's in training to get them to convert more headers during set plays. Also scouting for some strong young players with great header stats to get in there as a 'target man'. Against some teams with big pwerful CB's, Owen alone can't muscle his way thru (using R2) to get his head to the ball.

Well just my latest take on this rather old topic.

Cheers mates. :)

To be honest I haven't scored from headers in WE8LE, yet. I've now switched to using :circle: x 3 and goals have been coming from the sides now. Still can't score from corners.

Ashed said:
To be honest I haven't scored from headers in WE8LE, yet. I've now switched to using :circle: x 3 and goals have been coming from the sides now. Still can't score from corners.

You might not score very often, as the marking is very tight.Chances of a palyer being covered by the DF getting to a cross is very slim, as the different payer stats such as strength and such come into play when jostling for the ball.

Based on your formation, and run arrows you may/may not have free players runnig in. Aim for these. Timing of button press is also important. HArd to explain but you need to get a feel of when to press. (Pratice CK in training).

IMO I think the triple-tap O is not as effective as it once was. In past version I could always get my 2nd striker to slide in at the far post. Now it's usually cut out.

For in-game corners, I score every now and then (not often enough though).

a) Try the default aiming (don't adjust), 1/3 or 1/2 power to far post. Direction press on heading should be same direction as ball flight (post nearest to player heading ball) or perpendicular to player.

b) Another option is to inswing. Aim a toward the top of the D and swing the corner in. Using R2/R1 is up to you. Power same as above. The ball target zone should be just outside the 6yrd box. Need to jostle players to get a head to this.

c) Try a low corner, (knee height). Curl away from near psot. If you have OMF, sometimes can connect with sweet volley when they run in.

Another thing is, your palyers will shape up differently everytime there's a corner. So you have to compensate the above accordingly. Theres no sweet and sure method of getting 'easy' goals.

Cheers.

Yes, the headers are harder to get from crosses. I think Konami noticed that you needed to play with at least 4 defenders in previous versions (like PES 4) in multiplayer (or LIVE). Playing with 3 at the back made the defence very vulnerable to get goals against from crosses.
Now that crosses are harder, you can play with 3 at the back again.
So that may be the reason Konami changed it.
When practicing the other night I found yet another way to head from crosses.
I was practicing corners, setting up 4 defenders and a defensive midfielder (so, enough opposition for practicing headers).
The way I scored was moving the aimed striker backwards and immediatately forward again, using R2. That way you get rid of your marker and for a moment you are unmarked.
In real live attackers do exactly the same...

jiwa said:
I've been reading this thread and trying out some of the tips here myself. And I find that it's true in most part. As Mauras said, it was easier in previous versions, yes but maybe that was because the AI defence was not as good. In WE8LE they really stick to you like glue and cut out the cross. Initially my though was the same as Mauras the heading way too difficult in this version. Then I read the post about using your rdar to spot the open man, and guiding your cross and player. (prev. I too never looked at the radar at all)

Using R2 to reposition and justle does work, but also depends on the cross coming in. Just hitting and hope does no good anymore, since the cross will go to where the palyer 'WAS' standing (which is usually covered by DF). You either have to lead, lag or go over (R2) when crossing.

When to use R1, R2, (none) combined with single, double or triple tap is totally up to you and the situation should dictate which is better to get the ball to your player.

Practice often and you'll soon get the feel for it.

After trying out various techniques I am slowly but surely improving my conversion of headed goals in WE8LE now. Can score more regularly now, although I'm not a headed goal machine yet. But I have now scored some great jumping powered headers, quite a few glancing ones, and many where you just nod in slightly ahead of the DF. (ball against head or head against ball ha.ha.)

I'm using Real Madrid in my ML. The strange thing that I can't understand now is that 90% of my headed goals are socred by Owen. His jump and header, physical stats are not the best. I have Martins in there as well, with higher jump and header, but doesn't seem to score that many.

Right now i'm imporving my CB's in training to get them to convert more headers during set plays. Also scouting for some strong young players with great header stats to get in there as a 'target man'. Against some teams with big pwerful CB's, Owen alone can't muscle his way thru (using R2) to get his head to the ball.

Well just my latest take on this rather old topic.

Cheers mates. :)

yeah man, I score alot of headers with Owen too.

Back
Top Bottom