Corner Kicks

Ashraf

El Fenomeno
11 April 2011
Cairo.
Real Madrid.
Helpless against them, i concede a lot from corners no matter how tall are my defenders or how good i position them sometimes the defenders just wont jump even if i drill my square button any idea why?

if you fill up the power half way the chances of a header is like 80% going in. nothing you can do about.

Try and position a tall defender in a potentially dangerous area, then mash the shot/clearance button - if the defender starts moving the wrong way, super cancel towards the ball whilst trying to clear it.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do though.

Hmm corners aren't usually a problem for me. Not sure what the difference would be, how often do you concede from corners?

Normally I will get the biggest defender and place them 6-7 yards out, in line with the near post(ish). Then when the corner comes in I will run out a few yards to meet the ball and (hopefully) clear it. I usually use X though, rather than square, but that might be just me and I'm not sure if it matters in those heading situations. Usually the ball goes into that middle area, either there or deep. I don't think I've ever seen the AI go to the first man for a corner so I wouldn't worry much about that one.

yeah, I don't concede in corners that often either.. perhaps once every 25-30 CKs.

I DO score a lot from CKs tho, i'd say, once every 5-7 CKs..
I've been deadly on CKs since WE4, I have no clue why LOL

probably it's because of adding curve to the cross, and choosing a kicker opposite than real life (left footed for right corner, and viceversa)

Last edited:
I think i concede as much as you score but that seems to be just me :(.

LOL
well, as your MLO team is way stronger than mine, if I meet you online I'll destroy you with CKs!

What about crossing on Free kicks? On fk they are always like i'm throwing a brick to my attackers, the ball just go too fast and low.

What about crossing on Free kicks? On fk they are always like i'm throwing a brick to my attackers, the ball just go too fast and low.
Hold R2 when you take it, it adds height and takes some of the pace off. This works for long passes in open play as well as corners/fks.

I always try and curl it away from goal as well, because if you do an inswinger you tend to get more of those pathetic diving header attempts that miss the ball...

Read some tips to keep a defender between each attacker and the goal and it works a lot better, previously i was grabbing a player and trying to predict where the ball is going and go there to clear it.

Cool, glad you are a corner kick defensive master now :)

When I'm taking corners I like to mix it up, if I see space in the box I'll cross it in, if not I play it short, pass it back to the CK taker and then cross it in. There's also the short options... I have the play it short, pass it back to CK taker and then lay it on (triangle) for the DL or DR to take a 25 yard smash at it (actually works quite well, scored some screamers that way). You can also, if you have a skillful guy taking the corners or receiving the short pass, take the defenders on and thread a through ball right across the 6 yard box, usually causes mayhem.

So many choices :)

Am hoping the ability to select a player at set pieces will result in some cracking goals. There is already a good variety in the type of free kick/corner you can put into the box, being able to more accurately aim for a player is a great tool.

Back
Top Bottom