Copa America 2007

The good thing for Argentina that left this tournament is the promise of a bright bright future. It was hard to loose but the taste left isn't that bad.

People in Brazil I suppose feel just the other way. Extremely happy for winning the Cup but with the slight concern because their team lost it's JOGO BONITO. Dunga is the meanest Brazilian manager I have ever seen. Undoubtly this time it worked well. It will be interesting to see how the team will perform with the stars that were missing and this philosophy. Will people in Brazil be happy playing like they did?

Gutted to be honest. I switched it off when Brazil went 2-0 up and watched a documentary on Pele's move to America instead. Argentina were (in my opinion) the best team all the way through the tournament, and then in the final they looked like a different team altogether. Very disappointing.

As a whole, the tournament really opened my eyes though. I've seen England play sometimes and thought (very occasionally mind), "they played well there". Then during Copa America, I saw teams that I would never have rated before - Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela - and I couldn't believe the quality of football I was seeing. It really is a different world. In-fact, it made me wonder how English players still exist in the Premiership. Lampard couldn't hold a fucking candle to half of the players I saw in Copa America.

It's certainly opened my eyes to foreign football. I'll be trying to watch as much as I can next season, I'll be buying some new kit to watch it on as well. Premiership "the best league in the world" my arse.
Thats what I wanted to listen from the europeans. Thats why I am very upset, every year, when I see Konami give bad stats to the south-american clubs. Mineiro and Josué, very bad stats in PES 5 and 6, hold the defense against "world class" attack players, like Messi, Tevez, RIquelme...

LOL! :mryellow:

Congratulations Brazilian brothers, you also have Portuguese blood running through your veins. ;)
Thanks. For me its literal, because I have Oliveira as a name. :D

The good thing for Argentina that left this tournament is the promise of a bright bright future. It was hard to loose but the taste left isn't that bad.

People in Brazil I suppose feel just the other way. Extremely happy for winning the Cup but with the slight concern because their team lost it's JOGO BONITO. Dunga is the meanest Brazilian manager I have ever seen. Undoubtly this time it worked well. It will be interesting to see how the team will perform with the stars that were missing and this philosophy. Will people in Brazil be happy playing like they did?
You are right, very right. We are happy because the win, but its something wrong... At least, in the final game, Brazil played very, even with 3 DM.

Back
Top Bottom