Controls and Moves Help !!!

ssj4karan

Non-League
21 March 2008
Hi guys i plan on playing the game with a PS-2 type controller and my controller setting is similar to the PS2 controls.

I need to know how to perform the following moves(Button combinations)

1.How do i do the super sprint? I mean tap the ball ahead and run faster to beat the defender.

2.Is there a way to do a finesse shot? I mean Controlled shot? More accuracy less power.

3.How do i make a player not receive a pass and let the ball go past him?

4.How do i make a player make a run in the direction of the ball without touching it after the ball has been played to him?

5.How do you do the one touch in the direction one want's while receiving the ball?

Thats all i can think of now..Will get back if i remember anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

i use xbox 360 controller so not well versed with ps2 buttons. Try this-
1. R1 --> R1+R2
2. Shot + R2
3. While recieving the pass Keep pressing R1(Dash)
4. Super Cancel Buttons, I have RT+RB (PS2 should be R1+R2 or L1+R1)
5. While making pass Keep pressing L1. L1+Pass. The other player will send u Through ball, Y

4. Super Cancel Buttons, I have RT+RB (PS2 should be R1+R2 or L1+R1)

Is there a way of changing super cancel from R1+R2 to R1+L1?

I use the keyboard and R1+R2 is a bit of a pain to use.

Before you tell me to get a controller I have one, but am a lot better with keys :P

Dude the super sprint does not work..If i press the forward button twice while pressing the R1 sprint button or the sprint button twice he pushes it a little forward and runs but it is not enough to beat defenders.

When i press L1 twice along with the sprint button,He does a step over and knocks the ball further,Like i wanted but the step over slows the process down and allows defenders to close in..So it possible to push the ball forward without doing the step overs? Cause i see the CPU do it.

N how come there is no tutorial in the game?All PES have tutorials.

Last edited:
Is there a way of changing super cancel from R1+R2 to R1+L1?

I use the keyboard and R1+R2 is a bit of a pain to use.

Before you tell me to get a controller I have one, but am a lot better with keys :P
whatever keys you want to assign it is possible from Settings.exe
i guess you knew that , doesn't that work ?

Dude the super sprint does not work..If i press the forward button twice while pressing the R1 sprint button or the sprint button twice he pushes it a little forward and runs but it is not enough to beat defenders.

When i press L1 twice along with the sprint button,He does a step over and knocks the ball further,Like i wanted but the step over slows the process down and allows defenders to close in..So it possible to push the ball forward without doing the step overs? Cause i see the CPU do it.

N how come there is no tutorial in the game?All PES have tutorials.

1.you r not doing it correctly. Press forward or keep pressing it, then Press R1 once then again R1, then Move the stick to an Angle Forward right or Forward Left and Press R1+R2

R1 = Dash, R2 = Special controls (It slows you down.)

2. didnt get that, what move you want to perform ?

Have you played Fifa games?

In that you do super sprint..I want to do that move and want to knock the ball further like in Fifa games.That way i have some hope of beating the defenders as they always manage to catch up.

Hi guys i plan on playing the game with a PS-2 type controller and my controller setting is similar to the PS2 controls.

I need to know how to perform the following moves(Button combinations)

1.How do i do the super sprint? I mean tap the ball ahead and run faster to beat the defender.
-keep r1 pressed then at the same time press r2 and change the player-direction 45°.
-second method: quickly press r1 for 3 times.
-third method: while pressing r1 quickly tap the controller 3 times in the running-direction.

2.Is there a way to do a finesse shot? I mean Controlled shot? More accuracy less power.
-r2+shot

3.How do i make a player not receive a pass and let the ball go past him?
-leave the controller in the center and press r1 without direction when the ball is near you.
-if you want to leave the ball through and sprint after it press r1+[direction where the pass is going]

4.How do i make a player make a run in the direction of the ball without touching it after the ball has been played to him?
-keep r1+r2 pressed so you can do everything you want :)
-or do you mean my answer 2 from point 3?

5.How do you do the one touch in the direction one want's while receiving the ball?
-r2+direction

Thats all i can think of now..Will get back if i remember anything else.

Thanks in advance!!!

it all is in the manual ;)

Well i searched whole of Youtube for video's on super sprint but could not find anything on it..So can someone just help me out on how to do super sprint? I dont think i'll go and fight for a manual just to search for super sprint in it..I think you guys can help me out with the super sprint.

I just realized that it is kinda illegal to discuss moves as it is already mentioned in the Manual. Just to avoid support to piracy. I could be wrong though.

I just realized that it is kinda illegal to discuss moves as it is already mentioned in the Manual. Just to avoid support to piracy. I could be wrong though.

I dont believe it is illegal talking about it? I mean, a manual you can loose very easy.
Mine I cant open because there is coffee all over it, everytime I open a page the surface goes away.
Luckily I dont need it, if I know correct the controls has been the same for ages.

E: Also, my advice for ssj4karan is go to training mode, press start and command list... lots of useful combinations is there.

Well will check it out for super sprint but i doubt it would be there..Atleast can you tell me what that move is called in PES???

Well will check it out for super sprint but i doubt it would be there..Atleast can you tell me what that move is called in PES???

Well... if you running direction ---> (east) press R1 (for running) and R2 (for the touch)
Nothing happens for me.. but if I change direction to southeast my player touch the ball much further and runs quicker.
I cant do this in same direction im running.. why i dont know or figure out yet

I dont have the manual lol...

Thats why need help so can you help?

All the moves are in the game !!!!!

Just press start then "commands list" in the menu (i use french so i don't know the exact term)

but all the commands are IN the game...

use your brain and just explore a little bit your games, is that so hard?

Thanx will check it out and get back but seriously how hard is it for konami to make the trick system like Fifa?

N why would that be???

Konami has the worst trick system..Thats one thing i always hated about PES game and loved about Fifa games plus they got to sort the keepers for corners..Cause the corner bug from 08 has not been solved.

Back
Top Bottom