Controllers?

Looks like I might have to get me one of these then!

Do you (anyone) think the Xbox controller will cause a big problem then?

personally I dont like the placement of the black and white buttons, Im thinking these could be prove to be a bit fiddly when playing the game.

sonicspinner said:
i bought my extension cable from a danish Game site! with quick rls.

Lik has also that cable

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1848&

cheers!

about the pes 4 for xbox control, i think they are going to do it like the GameCube Configuration!

and maybe a little worse too!

thats why a Genious Japanese dude inventeed the dreambox! :D:D

cheers

that extension cable will be no good for the dreambox as there is no place to put the dreambox's big connector into ther extension lead

www.lik-sang.com

DreamBox
Us dollars 14.90 dollars
Lik Sang Europe (€24.95 / £17.03)

just browse in Xbox controler
and if u live in europe remember to click in Lik-sang europe link!

then youl get it faster and cheaper from germany and without custom or tax!

Cheers

Last edited:
i ordered dreambox from there too, untill i got an email saying they cant verify my CC! lol
because its from denmark! never ever heard of that before!

i order from onlie everyday! hehe! thats bad service! :D

but try! myabe u have better luck!

so from all the info given here is it right in thinking that we can use the dreambox on xbox live with the headset and also use the extension leads so we dont have to sit 2 near the console (caused by the orginal short headset cable), correct?

sonicspinner said:
dude!

teh dreambox has a Quicl release led. ANd the extension has also the quick rls led!

u just plug it out and plug it in!

:D

hey i was so wrong about that extension cable!! it is correct the dreambox does not
suport the ext. led WITH quick release!

u must get the org extension cable which is WITHOUT the quick rls!

i have just changed my order for that extension cable again!
but unfortunatyl they allready sent me the one with qick rls :(

cheers

ok let me Sum up everything!

1. DreamBox Converter works with Mic. support for Xbox

2. You must buy the org, xbox extension able which dos NOT have teh quick rls.
because the Dreambox does not support quick rls!!

Cheers!

anyone know where we can pick up the needed extension cables (without quick release) cheaply?

oow Sorry!!

didnt know!
i got mine from a danish shop since i live in DK!
and they told me its evry hard to find those now a days!

and they had just 2 left in their old xbox room in their shops :D
and i order both!

:D:D

dam,

this means if we can find a sutable extension cable, we're gonna have to sit 40cm away from our console if we want to use the xbox live headset, with our controller adapter, bugger!

yups! exactly! i suggest u go an search for gameshops! some people might have it on their old catalouge or something!

cheers! just played Burnout 3 for many hours! soo freain nice game!

will do sonic,

gonna search round my local shops tomoz but their pretty upto date so am a little worried about whether ill find one. Anyways will have to set up a game sometime when I get my live account sorted. ;)

cheers

Jav

i looked there to mate but I think they're the newer 'quick release' extension cables, as are the ones at amazon, lik-sang and gameplay. Though if anyone knows otherwise please let us know.

cheers

Luckily this isn't a problem for me as i only sit half a metre away from my Xbox as it is on my desk next to me!

sureley it cant be that difficult to go to maplin and buy some standard audio leads and snip the ends off, and then snip the end off the xbox live headset and just join them all back together with the new leads as an extension....im only speculating here, but i would think it would work,
the xbox live headset will only have 2 wires inside of the sheath, 1 for the mic and one for the earpiece, so just extending these wires would do the trick

let me know what you think,

i will pop out and get some cable today and try it

fingers crossed

pete

yeah, wireless would be good, if the ps2 controller was wireless too

think i might just stick with the couple of quid solution though,

apparently they keep putting the release date of the hip wireless headset back all the time

its now due out on the 1st october

right, just snipped the headset and there are 4 wires inside, 1 white, one red and blue intertwined rope kind of wire, and some bare wires, hmm not as easy as first thought, tried to connect the 4 wires with some standard audio wire but i cant get it to work...good job ive got a spare headset :)

never mind,

im gonna gave another go tonight

pete

here's a tutorial where the guy put 2 headsets in one communicator, he also made an extension with apparently a standard cable :

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/2-headsets.php

otherwise there can also be extenders for mini-jacks i guess (maybe in cellphones shops ?! they use that kind of jack) or more simple : do cellphones headsets work with the communicator ?

Last edited:
Alien_ said:
I think i just found a shop, but it's out of stock :( :

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.aspx?mid=324257

yes thats the one we need,

i went to game store today in nottingham and bought one for £6.99 they had loads in,
only problem is that they are quite short, only about 1 to 1.5 mtrs long (ive not got my tape measure handy so cant give exact length) but you can buy more than one and join them together (this will become pretty expensive)

just waiting for my dreambox to arrive and ill test it with that, but its looking good at last

i searched the net for a couple of hours last night and it looks like game are the only people that stock this kind of extension lead

many thanks to Alien for finding this....if you give me a game of pro evo, i might give you a goal head start for your troubles :)

cheers

pete

Back
Top Bottom