Controller help?

A

antistar

I just bought myself a new analogue controller, and I want to get the most out of it.

How do I set it up so:

1. I can run players off the ball, i.e. when I pass the ball to them I can run them towards the ball rather than have them stand stationary like they are stuck in ice.
2. I can tap the ball forward ahead of my player so they can chase after it, e.g. down the wing.

Also, is it possible to turn off the "push player foul" button on the top triangle button, the one that is stupidly combined with the "rush keeper" control?

If this is in the manual, please don't tell me to rtfm, because I live in Germany and have a German copy of the game, but don't speak the language very well (yet).

Thanks a lot!

let me check book didnt know there was a push foul butten lad

checked the book its guff there no push the player noob probly just it just bi walkin /running into the player

Last edited by a moderator:
Nearly 200 online games and I'm a n00b. Interesting that coming from someone who has no clue what I am talking about...

I know that I'm not making this up, but I must admit I've not read about this anywhere, nor remember exactly what happened on the many occasions where my defenders have been sent off for chopping down the last man when I didn't press any key to ask them to do this. I went and played a quick game and tried to recreate what happens and I can describe to you exactly what it is.

If you are holding down :x: and :square:, which isn't unusual when you are chasing after a run away striker, THEN you press :triangle: , your player will execute a sliding tackle WITHOUT you pressing :circle: to ask him to do so. This obviously results in a professional foul and a tackle from behind, and thus a sending off.

What I'd like to know is if I can turn this control combination off, because it is not helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy shit, I've been wondering why I've been getting random yellow cards recently for slide tackled I didn't commit to. I've got the same thing anti, I never knew what was causing it, nor do I know how to fix it :(

However I can help you with the other two things you requested.

1.To get a player to dash forward use the 1-2 technique. It's very simple. When you pass using :x: , hold :l1:. The player who passes the ball will then run forward. It's then all about you timing the return pass (so they aren't offside) with :x: , or usually a through ball with :triangle: . There is also another way to do it (which I never use, which is probably easier). After you pass the ball hit :r2: right away afterwards, for that player to dash forwards.

2.To knock the ball forwards while sprinting to run onto the ball (to keep it away from defenders), when you are sprinting with :r1: keep tapping the direction you are running in to push the ball forwards in largest amounts. This may not be enough for you so you can push it EVEN further by pressing :r2: with :r1: and the direction you are running (or slightly up or down). I hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the help, Glenn.

I think what you are describing is something else. I also get my players randomly performing sliding tackles, sometimes at completely inappropriate moments, like from behind in the penalty area. I'm not sure that is to do with that particular button combination.

As for help with point 1., I don't think I explained myself well enough. What I mean is when you pass the ball, usually a long pass, you have a player waiting to receive it. That player will usually remain stationary until he receives it. Obviously on long passes this gives your opponent a lot of time to walk in a take the ball, as well as making the player look retarded (what kind of player waits stationary to receive a ball?).

I know there's a way of controlling that player that is awaiting the pass, but I don't know what it is.

You have to use the super cancel move, usually :r2: +:r1: for ground passes but it also works for air passes, you could also only use :r2: for air passes.

Back
Top Bottom