• PS3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • X360

Votes: 37 77.1%

• Total voters

AlaaEG

Crunching
29 September 2007
Which controller would be more comfortable for FIFA? Not necessarily for FIFA 10 but for any previous version according to your experience?

PS3 controller OR Xbox360 Controller?

I'm not sure - when I play on manual passing on FIFA 09 PS3 I play much better but I find a 360 controller much more comfortable to use but don't play as well with it - strange :LOL:.

PS3 pads have the analog stick in a slightly awkward angle compared to the X360, where you need to keep your left thumb angled further from your hand. So I'd have to say the 360 pad is better for me.

Controller for 360 movement! It's whatever you're comfortable with!

to 'break the grip of shame', dualshock3 for me.

i have a 3rd party controller that uses the xbox configuration, and also an xbox360 controller utilizing an adapter. just can't get used to them. :(

for me, the index finger naturally rests on the LeftTrigger(L2), and it's very awkward when moving the index finger up to LB(L1) for player switching.

in other words, it's whatever you're comfortable with.

Last edited:
The 360 controller is too bulky for me. I feel the PS3/PS2 controller feels more accurate and my thumbs naturally rest at 90ish degrees. The playstation controller is definitely better for football games, but I do prefer the triggers on the 360 controller for driving games.

I got my xbox maybe about 9 months ago and cant believe how much I have gotten used to the controller.

I went back to a mates for a game of FIFA on his PS3 and the controller felt really small and weird, not like the old glove I thought it would feel like.

So I think it depends on what controller you use the most :)

It feels natural to use the analogue sticks on 360 controller, whereas on PS3 controller it feels like you are reaching for them, not comfortable.

Lazy gits :P - if that's the case how do you explain the right analogue stick? It must be really uncomfortable for you :).

Will a 360 controller work on PS3? :D At least the windows version of it? I am asking because my Logitech rumblepad 2 worked on PS3!

I'd love it if you could get the 360 controller to work on the PS3, never seen it done though.

I think that, based on trials in stores that I've been to, the Xbox controller would be better to facilitate 360 movement. Seeing as I don't own an Xbox controller, I am not the best to judge its usefuleness, but trying out the demo on manual seemed much easier on the Xbox 360 than on the PS3, and that with 360 degrees of movement the same problem would occur.

I'm not sure - when I play on manual passing on FIFA 09 PS3 I play much better but I find a 360 controller much more comfortable to use but don't play as well with it - strange :LOL:.

A bit off topic do you find it hard to play against a full assisted player?

oFifa09o, another disgruntled PC user entering the Xbox/PS3 stronghold. I clap for you my friend, I clap for you! At least now you'll be a little less disgruntled.

Anyway, after buying that Xbox and playing on amateur level (still losing big time -- getting used to it), but when I go over to online, on assisted, I find that it's based on your skill -- if you're brilliant on manual, I suspect you can beat your opponent all the time, but if you're a n00b like me, they're going to have the advantage of accuracy exemplified.

oFifa09o, another disgruntled PC user entering the Xbox/PS3 stronghold. I clap for you my friend, I clap for you! At least now you'll be a little less disgruntled.

Anyway, after buying that Xbox and playing on amateur level (still losing big time -- getting used to it), but when I go over to online, on assisted, I find that it's based on your skill -- if you're brilliant on manual, I suspect you can beat your opponent all the time, but if you're a n00b like me, they're going to have the advantage of accuracy exemplified.

I am playing in a net cafe...if you can call that disgruntled.

Man net cafe's, are they still around? I guess they can still be around in shit countries where everyone doesn't have an internet connection at home :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom