CONFIRMED - WE9:I FOR USA (it IS coming)

TheWolf said:
Ha! Near finished?

He means they played PES5 then because WE9:I is just PES5 with a different name, in a different box and a different title screen!

Must take them all of 30 mins to convert the game to the North American version!

Is WE9:I more similar to PES5 or the Japanese release of WE9? I have both, and I prefer WE9 to PES5, as the pace feels more realistic. Which one is the American release going to be closer to?

I hope the US release will include the new Nike curvey lines kit template (like the Man. U away kit), as I don't think the WE9 Japanese version has this template on the edit mode.

Like I've already said, it's IDENTICAL to PES5 except it comes in a different box and has a different title screen. Oh, and it takes them 5 months to do it!

(Still buying it though!)

Actually, there are slight gameplay changes from the PES games to their WE:Int counterparts.

Granted there aren't very many, and the rosters/kits/etc all stay the same. But you can't say it's exactly the same.

As an example... If i remember correctly, just last year they changed the way co-op player switching was made in WE:8Int. If you were playing with your mates on the same team, when player1 made a pass to a computer controlled teammate player1 would recieve the pass.

A few small gameplay / physics changes make it into WE:Int, but no wear near the polish that is put into WE:FE

Dont forget about the constant handballs that were called in PES4. They were TAKEN out of WE8I. And there was also a few gameplay tweaks. So yes it is the same but with a few tweaks to make it slightly better.

So let me summarize this :

Is World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (US) = PES5 (Europe)?

If it is, then I hope there should be another WE9:Liveware Evolution (following last year's naming convention) that usually even better than the above .. that's what I want :)

Last edited:
koolaje said:
So let me summarize this :

Is World Soccer Winning Eleven 9 (US) = PES5 (Europe)?

If it is, then I hope there should be another WE9:Liveware Evolution (following last year's naming convention) that usually even better than the above .. that's what I want :)

Won't happen. Last year, there was already an enhanced version of WE9 available in Japan by the time WE8:I got released here in the States, but we still got the near identical clone of PES4 from 5 months previous.

Back
Top Bottom