Comparing ISS[64/PSX] to the current WINNING ELEVEN.

Mauras said:
I played ISS, ISS Pro Evo 1 and 2 in the PSX and let me tell you: never again did Konami deliver such quality, the closer they got was with WE6FE and WE7FE.

the truth is that ISS Pro Evo 1 and 2 in the PSX really made the best players win the games. The true dribbler would dominate, since there wasn't a single "combo dribble" except the fake shot. All was done as in reality: changes of pace, quick shwifts of direction and ... creativity. You could really feel the power of being more creative than your opponent. Heading was much more realistic, as you still had to wait for the right moments to cross but you didn't have that feeling of "I'm missing 9 ou of 10 crosses & headers, whatever I do".

Pro Evo versions could not be as realistic as today versions but they were surely the best compromise between fun and realism that konami ever delivered.

Completely agree with you mate, it's becoming a bit of a habit. ;)

@ Jumbo, I've went back to the PSX versions before a few years ago (when I still had a lot of faith in Konami's current versions), it was pretty difficult to look at. But I might also go back and have a look until WE10 arrives :).

After recently going through a tear of ALL the previous WE games i could get my hands on. i finally found the game that plays, and acts the best. that game is on N64 and it's name is international superstar Soccer 2000. this game hard to find and expensive to buy BUT it's the best one on the 64 and probably the one with the most current gen stuff in it.

The game is utter brilliance.

Back
Top Bottom