Colin McRae : DiRT 2

If they made an updated demo I'd consider it but I hated the demo and I can't see it changing that much.

I rang my local Blockbuster to try and rent it to be honest but they're all out and with Shift arriving tomorrow I can't see myself chasing it.

Perhaps I'll trade it in if I don't like it!

I have no idea what your on about, I reckon the game is fantastic as many have stated above, the graphics are great, the control is great, yes the online does have a lot of twats who ram you over but most online racing games have that from my experience.

But hey, everyone to their own.

Well imo its too arcady and the cockpit view is rubbish. like i said, i struggle to see my surroundings in it.

The control is great if again your looking for an arcade game. if your looking for a semi realistic game its not otherwise i wouldnt still be able to drive a car after 10 head on collisions.

the physical damage model is nice though

imo this game is shit. It has a coold UI but thats about it. the career mode is ok but its the UI and the overal presentation that makes the career mode half decen.

in online mode its fucking shit and pointless. all people do is ram into eachother to death and it doesnt effect the vehicles handling which is by standard dumbed down ie arcady.

the cockpit view is poor, you can hardly see a thing. Chris dont waste your money on this game unless your looking for an arcade pick up and play game.

they should of just left it time trials online as i knew the races would be bumper cars style. I enjoyed the time trials online from the original Dirt.

imo this game is shit. It has a coold UI but thats about it. the career mode is ok but its the UI and the overal presentation that makes the career mode half decen.

Mate I'm just going to contradict you here, I agree about the presentation. However, as you progress with this you unlock more areas to play in such as Malaysia, L.A, China, Japan and etc. You also unlock World Tours and X Games which add a spark to the game. I'm enjoying the new toys, accessories and designs that you can add to your car. Plus I love it when you have your lady tell you "in 40 medium left, in 30 easy right" which adds a huge sense of realism.

Furthermore, playing in Malaysia is marvelous! Playing in that terrain and surroundings is outstanding and I think Codemasters did an excellent job in integrating this affect.

And for the online, I agree the bumping is pissing me right off. But after you try a few times you can easily avoid this by waiting a few seconds at the beginning and wait for the traffic to ease. But if you play with a group of mates lets say we set up a EW match, then we wont have a problem anyway.

And a bit of detail for the online, for pro-faceoff's you can choose three different types of modes which include: Trail Blazing (Which has no contact obviously), rally racing, last man standing, gate crusher and domination. These modes are all great fun if you play with people you know.

I've done quite a lot so far, I'm on level 21 and I think I have quite a lot to go by looking at my dirt tour. I reckon the career system is brilliant, actually I think it's the best career system I've ever experienced.

Very impressed, and I think this is one of the first racing games I've actually felt satisfied about.

picked this up today, along with nfs: shift, and an official microsoft wheel!

i'm loving it so far, and i can see the wheel coming into its own once i've got the feel for it...

just wondered if anyone else is using the wheel, and what setting they are on...

I've had this on rent from blockbusters all week and I've enjoyed it a lot.
The twitchy handling occasionally does prove to be a problem when you try to correct yourself from overturn and end up continually over steering and end up skidding left and right out of control. But when I find myself doing that I just 'flashback' back to before I lost control and do the corner again. But it's very rare that I find myself in that position. I'd say out of 30 races I've probably only had the twitchy oversteer happen three times.

I've had this on rent from blockbusters all week and I've enjoyed it a lot.
The twitchy handling occasionally does prove to be a problem when you try to correct yourself from overturn and end up continually over steering and end up skidding left and right out of control. But when I find myself doing that I just 'flashback' back to before I lost control and do the corner again. But it's very rare that I find myself in that position. I'd say out of 30 races I've probably only had the twitchy oversteer happen three times.

Yeah it has happened to me plenty of times, but now I just let go of the trigger when going on those turns or HOLD both triggers and since then I haven't had that problem.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

Is there a way to track which events you have won on each difficulty? I am thinking ahead and will find it a bit annoying if I decide I want to try and win some or all events on a harder difficulty and have to manually (pen and paper...) keep track of which events I have won (as they might already be marked as won using an easier difficulty).

Maybe noone else will find this important, but I don't see why the developers couldn't have implemented this feature (assuming they haven't...). It really would have taken such little time.

Matt, you completed this game, maybe you know.

Thanks in advance,

Houldey

OK, if you win an event, you get a coloured trophy beside what you have won or completed, if you change the difficulty and have not raced yet there is no trophy until you beat it or complete it afaik. Hope this helps.

I don't think trophies ever appear (XBOX 360). The squarish tour event icon just gets green stripes plastered over it. Also, I don't believe increasing the difficulty gets rid of any existing, easier difficulty green stripes.

Cheers, though,

H

I think it's like a stamp then, and it's coloured I thought. Anyhow, just do the whole thing at one level, then go back through it at a harder level then.

Back
Top Bottom