Colin McRae : DiRT 2

OPM

2 June 2003
Got my copy. Awesome game! I liked the first part and they also implented all the good stuff from grid.

Codemasters are really back on track after the horrible Race Driver Series. :APPLAUD:
This is not the most realistic game, but the experience, the fun, the whole package just is completely right. This and Batman are my 2 favorite games so far this year

gamespot review

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/dirt2/review.html

if you're even remotely into cars GET THIS.

Re: DiRT 2

Tried the Demo last night and thought it was okay, is there a split screen mode, I can't remember if it's in or not...

unfortunely, no split screen.

but the game is really fun, the graphics are spetacular, the gameplay could be more realistic, but in overall the game is very good, there are tons of different kinds of races places and stages to play.

It's all about opinions isn't it, thank God for demos - I can't fucking stand it, I think it's diabolical. Not realistic and not fun sliding all over the place like a wet fish on a skating rink either. But whatever floats your boat! :D

It's all about opinions isn't it, thank God for demos - I can't fucking stand it, I think it's diabolical. Not realistic and not fun sliding all over the place like a wet fish on a skating rink either. But whatever floats your boat! :D

i think you´re exagerating a little bit :P

I'm not, in my opinion it's unplayable trash, doesn't feel like car racing in the slightest. It's just weird. But each to his own. :)

personally i really love it, normally i am all for 100% pure realism but this is just too good for me, can't resist it ;)

Really is a great game this

Everything about it is just so well done

The graphics are brillaint as well, in car view is also a great way to play it when you go through a puddle and you cant see where your going put you on edge :LOL:

The graphics make you watch replays as well because they look so good and you can see some of the thrills, spills, close shaves and awesome driving again

I hated the demo, but then I think that's in part due to the fact it's clearly not a rally game anymore, and it saddens me.

I don't like any of this X-Games shit, driving slow, cumbersome trucks around shitty tracks doesn't exactly make you wanna buy the game.

Oh and GRID is miles better graphically.

Anyone else think the driving is miles better than the demo?

Yes. If anything it proves that a demo must be seen as just a guide and never as the final version.

I am disappointed that there is no online rally mode where you dont get to see any ghost cars and just race against the clock.
Online racing is just a lottery for me. There is so much crashing into each other that it really is more luck than skill.

I really like the game just would prefer some more offline rally mode races.

This game is brilliant! Loving everything about it, plus the career is excellent.

Chris - go and buy it, I hated the demo but I love the game.
I've just bought Shift now on Jonney's recommendation, then Coopz comes in and says the career is shite. So I don't have any money left. Get stuffed. :P

imo this game is shit. It has a coold UI but thats about it. the career mode is ok but its the UI and the overal presentation that makes the career mode half decen.

in online mode its fucking shit and pointless. all people do is ram into eachother to death and it doesnt effect the vehicles handling which is by standard dumbed down ie arcady.

the cockpit view is poor, you can hardly see a thing. Chris dont waste your money on this game unless your looking for an arcade pick up and play game.

I have no idea what your on about, I reckon the game is fantastic as many have stated above, the graphics are great, the control is great, yes the online does have a lot of twats who ram you over but most online racing games have that from my experience.

But hey, everyone to their own.

Back
Top Bottom