Chelsea Thread

Re: Chelsea FC Thread//Last - Chelsea 4-0 Real Betis//Next - Everton v Chelsea

I think c.cole, geremi, ferriera, r.huth, will get to see some action either sunday(everton) or most likely on Wednesday for the Carling Cup match against Charlton. I fancy Cudcini will start on Wednesday.

also, regarding c.cole, if drogba decides to play in the african cup in january, he will get a chance to play according to j.mourinho.

I THINK only feirreira will play the game on sunday.for other i think they'll play on wesnesday against charlton

Just watched the complete Chelsea - Betis game.
Chelsea are really on a superior level. Essien was man of the match, what a player :applause:
The last goal was a teamplay mastery. The Lampard perfect pass, Shaun's superb cross, and a very hard cross to do that was, and Crespo's styling header.

I just hope Man Utd//Arsenal can improve so that the EPL won't end before Christmas.:roll:

First one to get Ballack and Cassano wins, GO!

Abramovich aims for 100-year rule

A smiling Roman Abramovich celebrates another Chelsea victory this season
Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants to build a legacy at the Premiership champions that will last 100 years.

The Russian billionaire writes in the foreword to a new book on Chelsea of his strategy to "build the most successful football club in the world".

"Everything we have done so far is geared to this," Abramovich says.

"I hope to carry this forward in the true blue tradition of Chelsea but also build even stronger foundations to last us the next 100 years."

Abramovich has already funded a spending spree of around £240m on players since his £140m takeover at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2003, producing a first title in 50 years last season.

"When I became involved in Chelsea, I had little idea how much joy and excitement it would bring me," he adds.

"I can think of no more fitting tribute to our centenary season than to enter it as the Premiership champions. That is like a dream come true.

"It was 50 years since our previous title and everybody's working hard to ensure we will not have to wait that long again.

"In future we hope to bring even more joy than you (Chelsea fans) have experienced over the last 100 years.

"In order to do this many challanges lie ahead. We want to retain the Premiership title and, of course, challenge again in Europe.

"Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final."

Wow, this guys is really coming around with his football.

Great to hear hes staying with us, he doesent really speak out to the media like this.

Nice to know we have the backing we need until we get running the way United do with the help of Kenyon.

Yeah i saw this. Bad news for the anti-Chelsea people who want to see RA disappear :mrgreen: But at the same time you're thinking, perhaps he's a bit "cuckoo" - 100 years! :lol:

Maybe when he dies he is gonna get himself frozen and then when the technology is out to "bring back to life" he will be able to see his 100 year plan come to fruition!! :lol:

Ok, weve been in the Champions League semi-final, TWICE.

:roll:

Back to tomorrow.

Duff is the only casuality, but Drobga does carry a slight knock, time for the return of Wayney Bridge? I can only wonder.

Mastermind, don't just come into this thread to flame. If your going to post, post something useful.

Your like a broken record

Hrm, I can't imagine Everton will hold out, what are we thinking, 3-1 to Chelsea?

I hope so, im incredibly disappointed that Hernan Crespo did not start, or that Paulo ditnt start either, Huth over Paulo? With the opportunity to put Gallas in at centreback too? And we all know the Terry Gallas central partnership is the best. SWP isnt having the best of games hopefully Mourinho comes to his senses or reveals his master plans asap.

I would expect Chelsea to score a few in the second half, but at one point soon enought they are gonna get beat just dont expect Everton to be that team.

WHAT A GOAL! FRANK LAMPARD!

I call final score 2-1 chelsea, goal in the 86th minute :)

pls let it be Crespo/Essien or ADH, PLEASE

Wow, credit to Lawro, he predicted that score this week, oh well had to drop points some day, still not a loss!

Yeah big points to him, i guess the Drogba non offside equals it self out to the Terry Handball.

I cant understand why he did not line up like this and if trouble occured, bought the likes of Gudjohsen, JC and Drogba off the bench.
This would have been much better.

Cech
Ferreira Gallas Terry Del Horno
Maka
Ess Lampard
SWP Robben
Crespo

Gallas and Terry are brilliant together! Ferreira is like another Del Horno, i just dont get it.

Amazing match by both teams... and great finish from Frankie :applause:

chelsea can sit and lay,but don`t sleep...match of the day Newcas.vs Sunderland,:applause: thanks...the EPL needs more games like that

Yes that is true it was quite a dry weekend.

I didnt mind the lineup, i think it was good to start Huth, to get some fresh legs, i think everton played physical, with more energy and defended pretty good. They deserved a point, but Drogba's goal should have counted,
Also the crosses from del horno and swp werent great, there was no service for drogba or crespo. Iam disappointed, but it was pretty intense at the end, with Robben coming ever so close!

I wonder what lineup J.Mourinho will put out on Wednesday. I hope most regular starters get a rest for the game.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Mastermind, don't just come into this thread to flame. If your going to post, post something useful.

Your like a broken record

Posts like Mastermind's are deliberate incitement in my view and should be removed.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Posts like Mastermind's are deliberate incitement in my view and should be removed.

I don't disagree with you there mate, but I ain't a mod in this here section so its beyond my control ;)

The result is unfair, it's should be 2-1. Chelsea win.

i pay credit to Everton for their hard work to get a draw from our team,but i think our team should get full point despite Drogba's disallowed goal,and also i thik Everton players played very physical football but that seemed worked well with them.

It was a tough game, and I think if Everton can keep playing like yesterday, I'm sure they wont at the bottom of the table. I'll give credit to them but we deserve to win... Anyway, the linesman sucks...

Last edited by a moderator:

They played with lots of energy Everton, they looked fresher. Thats why i think J.Mourinho should rotate the lineups more often to keep players fresh, as it is a long season, remembering the defeat to lamerpool in the CL, Chelsea were running out of gas in that game, didnt play with lots of energy.

Thats just my two cents, or schillings or which ever 1 u prefer =P.
I looking forward to Wednesday, the Defence of the Carling Cup Title begins.

I think it will be an open game, Charlton like to attack.

Back
Top Bottom