Champions League Final - Who will you be supporting?

Champions League Final - Who will you be cheering on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Milanista said:
Where's your Scottish pride??

Haha! :lol: You're asking the wrong side.

Celtic don't want to be Scottish and most of their fans consider themselves more Irish than Scottish. Come to the East End of Glasgow and you'll be forgiven for mistaking it for the Republic of Ireland.

keane_display.jpg

^^

Roy Keane's debut, btw. And Celtic were a club founded for Irish immigrants in the first place, so yes, of course they have a strong connection with Ireland.

Massacre_1907 said:
celtic also got a basketball team in NBA , nice
How can you have a scottish team in the NATIONAL Basketball Association?

I'd rather have taken the goal. How is the ref helping Barca? Almunia is a decent keeper and what if Arsenal go on to win 1-0?

RuneEdge said:
I'd rather have taken the goal.

Yes, I would do it the same.

ReneEdge said:
How is the ref helping Barca? Almunia is a decent keeper and what if Arsenal go on to win 1-0?

The ref could give the goal for Barça without sent off Lehmann, that would save some football show.
The refs are always helping Barça, as you saw against Benfica and Milan, no comments what they've done. :roll:

Oh my god!
Why Lehmann???

There's only one German in around 100m² of the Champions League final, and he ruins it... o_o

Come on, bring on the world cup to get it done...

Arsenal.

2 English players and hopefully the CL trophy in London :D (not likely atm)

doh, maybe not :D

Last edited:
What a crappy crappy ref!! 2-3 major decisions that have directly impacted the result of the game gone wrong now!

Terrible refereeing so far. Should have let Barcelona goal stand and not send Lehmann off, that way we have a fair game with two attacking teams, now we have one attacking and one defending.

And Eboue was lucky he wasn't sent off for his ridiculous dive on Puyol, which Arsenal scored from. :roll:

It's really a shame, I'm FC Barcelona and Benfica supporter because of my family, but I hope Arsenal won this game for stfu the Catalonian midia.

ClassicD said:
Terrible refereeing so far. Should have let Barcelona goal stand and not send Lehmann off, that way we have a fair game with two attacking teams, now we have one attacking and one defending.

And Eboue was lucky he wasn't sent off for his ridiculous dive on Puyol, which Arsenal scored from. :roll:

Its harder to score against 10 men than 11 men.

ClassicD said:

Fully agree. Awfull ref...

Big Boss said:
Fully agree. Awfull ref...

Games a joke now!

Even if Arsenal win that decision to disallow the goal will rumble on!

CL Final Talk
What a f'n joke this referee is!

He's practically ruined what could be one of the best finals ever with two extremely creative and attack-minded sides!!

He's already made more than enough mistakes and sadly they have affected the actual result of the game thus far.

First of all you always give advantage when you can, EVEN if it's a hand-ball and the ball ends up in back of net, it's in rules of football that you don't give "PK" and you let the GOAL stand! Now what did this stupid ass ref do? It wasn't even a PK so he practically stole a legit goal from Barca just because an Arsenal player fouled him! That's just fucked up! :roll:

It's not like he's putting Arsenal in a good situation either though having to play with 10 men and be less "Attack-minded" and more defensive (not committing too many men forward) so he's practically taken away from a match that could've been really balanced and exciting if it was still 11 on 11 and also STOLE a goal from Barcelona which will not be forgiven or forgotten no matter what the result of this match ends at!

Then he went on to give a FK to Arsenal that led to the goal that was NEVER a foul! Eboue did great to get past Puyol and he could've kept running since Puyol didn't even touch him but he dived, he sold it and the ref bought it and then from result FK, Arsenal are up 1-0!!! I came to this match pretty much as a neutral as always but now I hope the result changes because if it finishes like this, hell no it's not fair and no I won't see Arsenal as the champs of Europe!

- Finally one more thing. That high reckless challenge from Eboue on Gio was rather stupid and in another game had he already not sent off Lehmann, he could've given him a "Red" for that instead of yellow but I'm not too bothered by that. Match will go on and so will life but even if the 2nd half is a really good one, I still won't forgive this ref and his linesmen because it could've been much better! :spid:

boy iniesta is better than fabregas my high point of the final!

do people still think henry is near ronaldinho? lol even the best misses :p

the ref is well words can describe .......................

11 vs 11 would have been fair!

barca would have killed arsenal! spanish teams need to be more clinical vs english teams!

Last edited:
I'm supporting Arsenal, I just love the way that Henry plays and for some reason, I like Campbell (when not playing for En-ger-land). Plus I want to see Hearts get humped in the qualification rounds as they need to be taught a lesson.

I wanted to see Arsenal behind for a change. Then things would have been very interesting. This has been such a disappointment thanx to the ref. I just hope we get an equaliser, then I wont give a shit who wins cuz we'll get to see both sides play real football.

Oh well. Theres still the World Cup to look forward to. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom