Champions League 2010-11

False. Sporting Clube de Braga contradicts your thought. Do you know what was their highest transfer fee paid in club history? 1M€ for Mossoró. The CL prize almost covers their budget for this season.

I hope things went good to this 'Portuguese' Zenit in league. ;)

Thing is, Braga is an exception to the rule. If they make it out of the group into the playoffs, then you might have a point, but even then it's still an exception. How many of these lesser known, less "expensive" teams have won the champions league lately? It's always Manchester, Chelsea, inter, barca, liverpool and so on who end up in the final. The weaker clubs have a chance to win a few games here and there and make a splash but they cannot compete over a long distance. I wish success to Braga though. I'll try to see some of their games, curious to know what exactly they are all about :)

Thing is, Braga is an exception to the rule. If they make it out of the group into the playoffs, then you might have a point, but even then it's still an exception. How many of these lesser known, less "expensive" teams have won the champions league lately? It's always Manchester, Chelsea, inter, barca, liverpool and so on who end up in the final. The weaker clubs have a chance to win a few games here and there and make a splash but they cannot compete over a long distance. I wish success to Braga though. I'll try to see some of their games, curious to know what exactly they are all about :)
Why? Those who is able to buy correct players win usually, and also correctly to put them in a team, and so the Real Madrid constantly buys any European stars for the astronomical prices, and then anything and anywhere doesn't win. So money not always solves all.:P

Fc København - Rubin Kazan 1:0...:( It is a pity that for the Ruby the Champions League has begun with defeat, and also that København managed to hammer in the ending of a match, well anything still ahead.:RSCARF:

I'm guessing Barcelona fans consider that Rubin had it coming to them despite deserving a victory. I believe the match in Kazan against FCB is next, right? Barca would have the chance to put a dagger through Rubin's... goal. :))

There are only 3 teams Guardiola failed to defeat: Rubin, Chelsea and now Hercules.

To me Muller is one of the very best players in the world.
Germany have a fantastic team with him, Özil, Khedira and Schweinsteiger...

Arsenal where fantastic yesterday...and i was thinking Braga were a strong team...was Arsenal that strong or did Braga have an off-day?

Come on, Lucho was fantastic for L'OM last year...if all fans are like that, i understand why Marseille is supposed to be a difficult team...even Cantona was not liked when he was with L'OM.

Marseille - Spartak Moskow 0:1...:BEER:

Though I also don't support Spartak Moscow as I am the fan of Zenit, but today I can congratulate Spartak on such outstanding result. Marseille conducted game throughout all match and had many moments to hammer, but goalkeeper of a Spartak was on the ball. It is the big good luck that Spartak could hammer, as there there was a ricochet, well and so, I can tell, good fellow Spartak!:TU:

Does anyone agrees with me that it has been one of the matchdays with the best goals and plays in the CL in the last few years? There were a lot of beauties there in 24 hours!

Agreed, but knock out stage is much better. Unless there`s a shocking result. Mutd were held to a draw was unexpected .Does anyone like these so called small club ? What chance to they have very slim.

not to take anything away from mueller but he scored with his right foot, not his weaker left. the video posted above is mirrored. look at the writing in the top left corner. still a brilliant goal though. in the post match interview he admitted that it was lucky and could have easily gone to the corner flag but still said that it was his intention to hit it exactly like that. gotta have balls to try something like that when late in the game the scoreline is still 0-0.

You don't mean that, do you?
Özil was brilliant and Di Maria was good.
Real didn't impress me at all.
They were quite lucky with the first goal being an owngoal...

I don't know about that. Pressure causes mistakes. Real had several clear chances.

Messi was magic.

Braga's coach made the error of trying to play Arsenal at their own game.

Two best goals for me were Messi's two one two's and Mullers curling finish.

Platini though needs to do something to correct the balance of power in Europe. A few clubs have all the financial muscle and power. This has become a problem with the CL changing format from the European Cup when only national champions could compete.

And generally it has been at the expense of the Nordic and Slavic nations.

Unfortunately money rules the roost. There was nothing wrong with the UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup but for greedy club's wanting more money.

I don't know where their greed will end.

Agreed, but knock out stage is much better. Unless there`s a shocking result. Mutd were held to a draw was unexpected .Does anyone like these so called small club ? What chance to they have very slim.

This is why fans of so called smaller clubs are irked. Why should they not have a chance ?

The way things are going some fans of these G18 clubs think they should be the only ones allowed to enter.

Even clubs with historical pedigree and great national clout like Benfica, Panathinaikos, Glasgow Rangers get patronized even by commentator's as 'small' clubs.

You don't mean that, do you?
Özil was brilliant and Di Maria was good.
Real didn't impress me at all.
They were quite lucky with the first goal being an owngoal...

Lucky??????

maybe with the first goal , but madrid yesterday was unlucky to score all these huge opportunities .. come on man ! 36 shots including at least 12 very clear chances to score ...

yes, Real Madrid could've embarassed Ajax yesterday. 2-0 is nothing. Could've been much worse.

Very poor Ajax. Now I know going away to Madrid playing against a much stronger team isn't easy especially when you're missing captain/star player but still, that was a poor Ajax! All they did the whole game was hit the crossbar once through one individual effort in a very rare moment of individual brilliance.

Other than that, they looked content to lose even with 2-0 down and never really got going. At least not from what I saw. Though I didn't watch the whole game admittedly but did see most of it.

Real did what was expected but Ajax were poor. Maybe not quite as bad as Braga but the score could've easily been similar to that. Luckily for them, it's not and it's only 2-0.

Back
Top Bottom