Carsley v Sissoko

D

DagsJT

Had a funny discussion with a friend last night, who is a VERY bitter Everton fan. He claimed Lee Carsley is an amazing player and I don't see it because I don't watch Everton every week. He even went as far as saying Carsley is miles better than Momo Sissoko and that Real Madrid were interested in Carsley during the summer! :lmao:

Thoughts? :lmao:

Im an Evertonian and to be fair you get idiot fans both side of the divide. It tends to be bitter blues and arrogant reds and it is best to try and be neither.

In terms of Carsley he has been a very good player over the last couple of years since Moyes converted him to the midfield holding role but he is getting past it now.

I don't think there was much between him and Sisoko in terms of effectiveness to be honest, apart from Sisoko is younger and therefore worth much much more and not likely to go down hill....which is where Carsley is starting to go.

As for Madrid going in for Carsley of cause it sounds completely bonkers. That said Marid bought Graveson to play as a holding midfielder and that is FAR funnier. I mean although Graveson is a more talented player than Carsley the idea of the headless chicken being a holding player is hilarious....I actually think when they scounted Everton they got mixed up as to which slap head they were buying so crazy things sometimes happen.

Juve and Barca wanted Sissoko.

Sissoko still has a lot to add to his game, but on his day he can boss a midfield by himself

I wouldn't disagree with you, he is a very good player. I would say that if he could improve his passing he would have a great all round game. As it stands, the one thing that is lacking in his game means that he is not as good as mascherano....who I think is brilliant and world class on most days.

Carsley had a stinker tonight for Ireland.

He has been a very consistent performer for us, but maybe his best game are behind him, we'll have to wait and see. Tends to play best as the holding player in a 5 man midfield...not sure where he played tonight or what role or if that had anything to do with it if he did play bad..

Back
Top Bottom