1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Career mode with VP

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by kooynami, 14 October 2011.

1. kooynami

kooynami Alive

9 August 2003
    Netherlands
    I`m wonder if someone complete a season of the Career mode in player style.
    I've tried it for several times and after one season I only have the option the continue as manager. Like this you don`t have the possibility to build up your VP.

Please share your findings.

2. Ajaxkevi

Ajaxkevi Non-League

28 September 2011
    AFC Ajax
    There should be 2 options, go through as a manager(most likely your pick) and the player/manager option(the one you should choose if you wish to continue with your vp). The manager is the default choice. Hope it helps.

3. StayingPower

StayingPower Premiership

2 April 2006
    Houston
    Manchester United
    I've done 2.5 seasons as a player without any problems.

4. kooynami

kooynami Alive

9 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Strange... I`ve check if other options are available. But for me only play as manager is available.
    At the start you can choose three options. Play as player or manager or player-manager. And play with your VP.
    Did you all choose as player?
    For me it should be strange when you can only play for one season as player only.

Last edited: 15 October 2011
  5. kooynami

kooynami Alive

9 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Problem solved. How strange. I just reset my VP and played again. For now I simulated the season, and YES can play also the next season. I think it has to do with the age I have installed with my VP. I used my own age.. And later I changed it. But for one reason the change had no effects.
    It`s a shame, has to start over again. But I found the bug.

6. CalcioCalabrese

CalcioCalabrese Weekend warrior

29 November 2010
    Australia
    Adelaide United
    So you were too old and it retired you as a player? I am playing as a Player only and in my 2nd season but I created myself as an 18 year old so I can play a few seasons. Was hoping to experience a few different leagues while still building up my stats and rating :)

Season 1 - Adelaide United, Australia - won the title.
    Season 2 - Valencia, Spain - few games in and sitting 2nd :)