1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Can Arsenal beat Barcelona?

Discussion in 'Football' started by ninjabreakz, 20 April 2006.

Can Arsenal beat Barca?

1. Yes!

51 vote(s)
    56.0%
  2. No!

40 vote(s)
    44.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

Should they both reach the final, can Arsenal beat the Spaniards?

2. Nickybaker

Nickybaker You want SEVEN?

15 October 2003
    Essex
    The one and only Arsenal
    Arsenal could beat Barca but it would depend on how well they played on the night. Could Barca handle a team that looks to attack them at every oppurtunity? The haven't faced that yet in the knockout stages, Chelsea, Benfica and Milan were more worried about containing them.

3. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    Wrong question, can they qualify for the final would be the right one (almost certainly yes, but don't take anything for granted in football).

4. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Yes, they can beat them obviously, but personally I think Barca will be too strong for Arsenal in the end.

I think Arsenal may have a better chance of beating Milan, than Barca. Barca have a weaker defence, but going forward they are awesome, whilst Italian teams don't base a lot of emphasis on attacking which I think could suit Arsenal better.

FD

5. 200_pesos

200_pesos Guille, no te olvidare!!!

1 July 2005
    New York, NY
    Boca Juniors, Legia
    On a good nigth with Barca players messing up, sure.

6. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Barca will be just too strong for them I think.

DJ

7. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    I know you said should they both reach the final, but I'm disappointed this topic even exists. Very presumptuous.

8. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    I don't think there is any doubt Arsenal and Barcelona will be in the final. I can safely say, mark my words, Arsenal will be in the final with Barcelona.

9. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    Again, just wanted this to be clear, the teams competing in the Champions League final this year will be Arsenal and Barcelona.

10. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    I'm not so sure. I agree that we'd have a better chance vs Milan, but not because Italian teams don't like to attack. We are a counter attacking side, so Barca with a top heavy line up and relativly weak full backs would suit us quite nicely. Hleboue would have fun vs Oleguer.

The difference, of course, is that Barca have the Ronnie/Eto/Messi factor, which at full tilt is near unplayable. Nothing our young defence has faced so far can really prepare them for that :(

11. airjoca

airjoca International

29 July 2003
    Amadora, Portugal
    SL Benfica
    Right now, nobody can beat Barça in theory... In practice, it's Football, so anything can happen, including some sore Arsenal fans because their team got beat by a spanish team other than Barça... Don't be too confident cause u can get "Greeced" :)

12. Nickybaker

15 October 2003
    Essex
    The one and only Arsenal
    ?????????????????

13. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    You also have to remember that Wenger isnt stupid. You can attack all you want in any other game but if someone like Ronaldinho, Messi and Etoo were the opposing attack, theres no way any team can play with the strategies that they normally do.

Imagine if both lose. :lol:

14. ooh_harry

ooh_harry League 1

8 July 2005
    Fosters home for imaginary friends
    Arsenal, Juventus
    thats funny since in theory arsenal were blatantly the best footballing side in europe in 2004 yet we only got to the quarter finals. I personally barca will win 2-1, 3-2 but theory is such a shit indicator in a game where the teams play similar attacking football and its the first time theyve met in recent history besides the 99/00 season but more to the point...yes arsenal can beat barca...dont know if they will?? hopefully

15. fd1972uk

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Arsenal where the best footy team in 2004? Say's who?

I can't think of a team that's been playing better footy than Barca for the past 3 seasons.

Arsenal are a nice team to watch (probably the best in England), I don't doubt that, although I think with the likes of Pires and Bergkamp going out, with the possibility of Henry there'll be a big difference in the way Arsenal play.

FD

16. Peda69

Peda69 Noisemaker

26 November 2003
    Barcelona, Spain
    FC Barcelona
    If Ronaldinho have a good day, no.

17. fd1972uk

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Sorry, can I retract my 'yes' vote. Arsenal don't have a chance in hell, Henry is good, brilliant even, but he ain't that good to give Arsenal the difference over Barca, be surprised if they get passed Villareal (who by their own recent standards have been poor too).

FD

18. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    That's exactly what i meant earlier in this thread FD...that kind of poll comes a week too early...imagine Villareal winning 2-0 in Spain...typically English...being euphoric too soon (also see every major tournament with the English national team...) .
    They believe their own rags...
    I hope eitherArsenal or Villareal win the CL...but it's too soon...they already dismiss Villareal...

19. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

Doubt it!

Barca to win hopefully, best team in Europe!

Larsson would finally get a Euro medal in last season in spain

Gotta beat Villareal first(Not done yet)

20. bradley1886

bradley1886 Premiership

6 August 2004
    London
    Well the thread was started by a a manc.

I voted yes, of course we can beat them, whether or not we will is a completely different question. I also don't think we are through to the final yet. It's going to be hard going to Spain, I have seen us get kicked out of Europe so often I have been sceptical all season.

21. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    yes, its in the stars :D

22. Nickybaker

15 October 2003
    Essex
    The one and only Arsenal
    Anyone know how many players Villarreal rested tonight? Surely their first teamdidn'tlose 2-0 to Sociedad

23. danwin

danwin Oak Hard

1 December 2003
    No chance, sorry Arsenal, get some working-class and who knows... They're pretty shite though, come on Barca. It's nice to start issues

24. fd1972uk

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    Villareal rested a shitload of players against Real S.

FD

25. barca ofcourse, they are far more attacking team and has alot more chances of scoring then arsenal

26. RGEE1979

RGEE1979 Evo-Webber since 2002

28 December 2002
    Tokyo
    Spurs
    Arsenal won't be beating Barcelona or Milan. They're also not going to catch Spurs in the league, meaning they'll be playing in the UEFA cup next year, leading to the loss of some of their big players and many dark years to come.

Thats my prediction, but I support the mighty Spurs, so make of it what you will.

27. drunkenmonkey

drunkenmonkey Catfish

6 December 2004
    Blackpool F.C
    arsenal can beat anyone on there day whoever it may be

28. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    So can Barca.

29. lucasetor

lucasetor Conference

12 June 2003
    Saint Peter, MN
    Did I read somewhere a few posts above: The mighty spurs. Now thats an oxymoron if ever there was one. Arsenal can beat Barcelona, only a fool would deny that possibility exists. On their day, with everything clicking they could win. I can see Arsenal scoring and I can see Barcelona doing the same. The defense that stands stronger on the day will win it for their team.

30. ninjabreakz

ninjabreakz Guest

:lol::applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.