Votes: 51 56.0%
  • No!

Votes: 40 44.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ninjabreakz

Should they both reach the final, can Arsenal beat the Spaniards?

Arsenal could beat Barca but it would depend on how well they played on the night. Could Barca handle a team that looks to attack them at every oppurtunity? The haven't faced that yet in the knockout stages, Chelsea, Benfica and Milan were more worried about containing them.

Wrong question, can they qualify for the final would be the right one (almost certainly yes, but don't take anything for granted in football).

Yes, they can beat them obviously, but personally I think Barca will be too strong for Arsenal in the end.

I think Arsenal may have a better chance of beating Milan, than Barca. Barca have a weaker defence, but going forward they are awesome, whilst Italian teams don't base a lot of emphasis on attacking which I think could suit Arsenal better.

FD

Barca will be just too strong for them I think.

DJ

I know you said should they both reach the final, but I'm disappointed this topic even exists. Very presumptuous.

I don't think there is any doubt Arsenal and Barcelona will be in the final. I can safely say, mark my words, Arsenal will be in the final with Barcelona.

Again, just wanted this to be clear, the teams competing in the Champions League final this year will be Arsenal and Barcelona.

fd1972uk said:
Yes, they can beat them obviously, but personally I think Barca will be too strong for Arsenal in the end.

I think Arsenal may have a better chance of beating Milan, than Barca. Barca have a weaker defence, but going forward they are awesome, whilst Italian teams don't base a lot of emphasis on attacking which I think could suit Arsenal better.

FD

I'm not so sure. I agree that we'd have a better chance vs Milan, but not because Italian teams don't like to attack. We are a counter attacking side, so Barca with a top heavy line up and relativly weak full backs would suit us quite nicely. Hleboue would have fun vs Oleguer.

The difference, of course, is that Barca have the Ronnie/Eto/Messi factor, which at full tilt is near unplayable. Nothing our young defence has faced so far can really prepare them for that :(

Right now, nobody can beat Barça in theory... In practice, it's Football, so anything can happen, including some sore Arsenal fans because their team got beat by a spanish team other than Barça... Don't be too confident cause u can get "Greeced" :)

Nickybaker said:
Could Barca handle a team that looks to attack them at every oppurtunity? The haven't faced that yet in the knockout stages, Chelsea, Benfica and Milan were more worried about containing them.
You also have to remember that Wenger isnt stupid. You can attack all you want in any other game but if someone like Ronaldinho, Messi and Etoo were the opposing attack, theres no way any team can play with the strategies that they normally do.

ClassicD said:
I know you said should they both reach the final, but I'm disappointed this topic even exists. Very presumptuous.
Imagine if both lose. :lol:

airjoca said:
Right now, nobody can beat Barça in theory... In practice, it's Football, so anything can happen, including some sore Arsenal fans because their team got beat by a spanish team other than Barça... Don't be too confident cause u can get "Greeced" :)

thats funny since in theory arsenal were blatantly the best footballing side in europe in 2004 yet we only got to the quarter finals. I personally barca will win 2-1, 3-2 but theory is such a shit indicator in a game where the teams play similar attacking football and its the first time theyve met in recent history besides the 99/00 season but more to the point...yes arsenal can beat barca...dont know if they will?? hopefully

Arsenal where the best footy team in 2004? Say's who?

I can't think of a team that's been playing better footy than Barca for the past 3 seasons.

Arsenal are a nice team to watch (probably the best in England), I don't doubt that, although I think with the likes of Pires and Bergkamp going out, with the possibility of Henry there'll be a big difference in the way Arsenal play.

FD

Sorry, can I retract my 'yes' vote. Arsenal don't have a chance in hell, Henry is good, brilliant even, but he ain't that good to give Arsenal the difference over Barca, be surprised if they get passed Villareal (who by their own recent standards have been poor too).

FD

That's exactly what i meant earlier in this thread FD...that kind of poll comes a week too early...imagine Villareal winning 2-0 in Spain...typically English...being euphoric too soon (also see every major tournament with the English national team...) .
They believe their own rags...
I hope eitherArsenal or Villareal win the CL...but it's too soon...they already dismiss Villareal...

Doubt it!

Barca to win hopefully, best team in Europe!

Larsson would finally get a Euro medal in last season in spain

Gotta beat Villareal first(Not done yet)

Stan said:
That's exactly what i meant earlier in this thread FD...that kind of poll comes a week too early...imagine Villareal winning 2-0 in Spain...typically English...being euphoric too soon (also see every major tournament with the English national team...) .
They believe their own rags...
I hope eitherArsenal or Villareal win the CL...but it's too soon...they already dismiss Villareal...

Well the thread was started by a a manc.

I voted yes, of course we can beat them, whether or not we will is a completely different question. I also don't think we are through to the final yet. It's going to be hard going to Spain, I have seen us get kicked out of Europe so often I have been sceptical all season.

Anyone know how many players Villarreal rested tonight? Surely their first teamdidn'tlose 2-0 to Sociedad

No chance, sorry Arsenal, get some working-class and who knows... They're pretty shite though, come on Barca. It's nice to start issues

barca ofcourse, they are far more attacking team and has alot more chances of scoring then arsenal

Arsenal won't be beating Barcelona or Milan. They're also not going to catch Spurs in the league, meaning they'll be playing in the UEFA cup next year, leading to the loss of some of their big players and many dark years to come.

Thats my prediction, but I support the mighty Spurs, so make of it what you will.

Did I read somewhere a few posts above: The mighty spurs. Now thats an oxymoron if ever there was one. Arsenal can beat Barcelona, only a fool would deny that possibility exists. On their day, with everything clicking they could win. I can see Arsenal scoring and I can see Barcelona doing the same. The defense that stands stronger on the day will win it for their team.

ClassicD said:

:lol::applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom