CAN 2008

Yea Bash-it , Abou Terika has always been our finest championships earner with Ahly and Egypt. and i know he is a real noble gentleman, he Deserves the respect shown to him. Congrats Mimoman, abdo and all our fellas who Supported Egypt.
Great day

Egypt desearved to win the game and the cup also . it's the best team of the tournament :applause:

Here is the team of the ANC in my mind (I've used Egypt's scheme) :

Abd Rabou is hosny, his full name is hosny Abd Rabou.
Ernesto, Essam Elhadary is 35 years old already , i don't thin he has a big chance to play in europe and Abo Terika is 29 and he plans to retire on 2010 so he thinks he should stay in Egypt.

Abd Rabou is hosny, his full name is hosny Abd Rabou.
Ernesto, Essam Elhadary is 35 years old already , i don't thin he has a big chance to play in europe and Abo Terika is 29 and he plans to retire on 2010 so he thinks he should stay in Egypt.

Aha... He was the best player of CAN in my eyes

well he was awarded the best player of the CAN officially by the CAF. he is indeed a great player and still just 24 years old, i think he will go to Europe and have a great career there.

well he was awarded the best player of the CAN officially by the CAF. he is indeed a great player and still just 24 years old, i think he will go to Europe and have a great career there.
Egyptian players are not too keen to go in Europe . they earn enough in their own country and have not much reason to leave unless a good club asks for them and plans to use them .
if it's to be on the bench and risk to not be called for the national team it's not interesting . Ghaly for example wasn't called because he didn't play enough .
as far as it concerns Aboutrika , Al Ahly declared already that he won't be sold no matter the offer .

yea pogoss, i totally agree with you, Egyptian players simply lack the mentality to play abroad, they just love being at their home country. but Hosny already had a 6 months spell with strasbourg in france but when they were relegated he came back to Egypt, same as Fathy with shefield.
The newes piece of news for today is that arsenal are strongly considering making a 15 million UK pounds for Essam ElHadary and i am sure AlAhly will never reject that offer if Arsenal made the offer

yea pogoss, i totally agree with you, Egyptian players simply lack the mentality to play abroad, they just love being at their home country. but Hosny already had a 6 months spell with strasbourg in france but when they were relegated he came back to Egypt, same as Fathy with shefield.
The newes piece of news for today is that arsenal are strongly considering making a 15 million UK pounds for Essam ElHadary and i am sure AlAhly will never reject that offer if Arsenal made the offer
I'm not sure Arsenal really did that offer . we've been used to read stuff like that and nothing really happened .
but I wanted to react on "lack of mentality" I thing the opposite 'cause I respect people who are not interested in going play in Europe . European people don't have much respect for thus north africans anyway so let's just stop aiming to impress them .

Back
Top Bottom