CAN 2008

Looks very interesting the Group B with Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Mali (I hope will go Kanouté, Bagayoko, Coulibaly, Sissoko, Diarra, Seydou Keita and Traoré).

It's gonna be really tough for us(Angola)but we can do it at least until the 1/4
I didn't know you're from anglola .
well to tell the truth I think Tunisia and senegal will go trough .
for us (morocco) also it will be very hard with ghana and guinea there but we can make it . if we succeed we may face cote d'ivoire in the 1/4 finals but let's focus on the first round first .
Looks very interesting the Group B with Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Mali (I hope will go Kanouté, Bagayoko, Coulibaly, Sissoko, Diarra, Seydou Keita and Traoré).
I think Cote d'Ivoire and Nigeria will go through .

I've been waiting for almost 2 years now . last time we changed coach 2 weeks before the cup started and we were in the same group than the 2 finalists . more over we only lost to cote d'ivoire because of the referee who gave them a PK for a foul outside the area we dominated that game and where very unlucky .
This time there won't be suddent coach change , our coach (Henri Michel) has been apointed 2 months ago and he know morocco well as he was head coach of the national team between 96 and 2000 and he also coachs moroccan club team before going to cote d'ivoire . we know our opponements very well , the 2 last friendlies we played were against ghana and namibia and guinea is a team we know very well and they know us as well .

let's talk about the teams there , I'll first give my opinion on guinea . I think they play this way but I'm not sure :

--------------------??????-------------------
-----------------------------------------------
-K.Sylla---Kaalabane--Balde---I.Camara-
-Yattara--Feindounou--Thiam--Mansare-
-------------I.Bangoura--Youla-------------

their best players :
Bobo Balde : Strong Celtic's defender

Ibrahima Camara : Is having a very good season with le Mans so far

Pablo Thiam : as far as I know he's regular in wolfsburg

Ibrahima Yattara : he got good skill , he plays for trabzonsport here is a video :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JoKeKuo4qc0

Fode Mansare : I was paying a lot of attention to montpellier when I lived there and he was a key player there , now he's one of the best cards Toulouse can put on the table .
video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh7qlGYRdHc

Pascal Feindouno : I'm glad he didn't leave league for some gulf club , he's one of the best players there and we enjoy watching this kind of players .
video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk6Xxnc7-y4

Ismael Bangoura : after having scored 12 goals last season with le Mans he left for Dynamo Kiev where I've seen him scoring twice in the champions league .
video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL_iw7eBUog

je vous invite a decouvrire les autres videos sur youtube .

I know Yattara, Kaalabane and Youla from the Turkish Super League. Yattara is still playing at Trabzonspor and he's a great winger for me. His speed, technique, dribbling and pass accuracy is really great but he's undisciplined player. He always cause trouble in team and he cant play in matches because of his red cards. But he's really talented. About Kaalabane, nothing to say, simple and strong deffender, but his man marking is really good, at Galatasaray match, he marked Shabani Nonda very well and he dont let him to see ball. For Youla, he's playing at Ligue 1 right now but he played more than 7-8 years at Turkey. He's a typcial tall striker. He has enough headding skill, he can save the ball at any time but he's not a special player like Yattara for me.

I'm sure Guniea will make sensetion in this cup because they've a great team and they can beat every team in Africa.

I know Yattara, Kaalabane and Youla from the Turkish Super League. Yattara is still playing at Trabzonspor and he's a great winger for me. His speed, technique, dribbling and pass accuracy is really great but he's undisciplined player. He always cause trouble in team and he cant play in matches because of his red cards. But he's really talented. About Kaalabane, nothing to say, simple and strong deffender, but his man marking is really good, at Galatasaray match, he marked Shabani Nonda very well and he dont let him to see ball. For Youla, he's playing at Ligue 1 right now but he played more than 7-8 years at Turkey. He's a typcial tall striker. He has enough headding skill, he can save the ball at any time but he's not a special player like Yattara for me.

I'm sure Guniea will make sensetion in this cup because they've a great team and they can beat every team in Africa.
Youla has been injuried recently and he'll miss few weeks , just enough to be in good shape during the can with no fatigue .
Guinea has good team indeed , even if Morocco overcome them during the WC prelim it's a team I allways take seriously .
As for Namibia we played them in a friendly just before the draw it's a team from the emerging south of the countinent , they play the same way than malawi and zimbabwe with whom we were in the same group for can qualification so I think it will be ok for Morocco but it's not impossible they do something against the two others . They should not understimate them , they finished top of their qualification group in wich there was Lybia and RD Congo of Nonda and Illunga .

Ghana are of course the favorite not only because they are at home but also because of the good team they have but I'm pretty sure Morocco will overcome this group :8):

Group D is soo hot. :D
I think it's a very interesting group , there is no "small team" in it . All those teams have experienced the World Cup in the last decade .
but the really hot group is clearely th group B . Mali , Nigeria and Cote d'Ivoire have enough talent to win the cup . It will be a waste to loose one of those 3 teams before the 1/4 final but there is no doubts that every single team who'll go through the first round will be a good one and there will be 4 hot games in the 1/4 finals :D

Last edited:
I supposes it too, but Mali could make interesting matches I think.
they definitely have the needed talent for it and even if I said that I see CIV and Nigeria trough I do believe in Mali's ability to do it too .

Yeah came in France at the age of 3 spent most of my live in France
there not much people from angola coming to france is there ? there is a lot of people from africa there but usually from countries using french language such as senegal , guinea , tunisia ...
I suppose you have some friends from senegal and tunisia to get hot with during the competition :mrgreen:

Most of Africans who speak Portuguese as official language (e.g. from Angola, Cape Verde, Mozambique, Guine-Bissau, São Tomé and Prince) came to Portugal at very young age. ;)

there not much people from angola coming to france is there ? there is a lot of people from africa there but usually from countries using french language such as senegal , guinea , tunisia ...
I suppose you have some friends from senegal and tunisia to get hot with during the competition :mrgreen:

Yeah:lmao:it's already hot beetween us!!!:mrgreen:
but you're right there aren't many people from Angola coming in France (for instance the rest of my family live in in Portugal Coimbra:))

the federations started to give their squads or their preselection for the tournament

Nigeria preselection :

GK : Austin Ejide (Bastia), Dele Aiyenugba (Bnei Yehuda), Vincent Enyeama (Hapoel Tel Aviv)

DF : Rabiu Afolabi (Sochaux), Danny Shittu (Watford), Onyekachi Apam (Nice), Obinna Nwaneri (FC Sion), Joseph Yobo (Everton), Ifeanyi Emeghara (Steaua Bucarest), Kingsley Udoh (Akwa United), Efe Ambrose (Kaduna United), Taye Taiwo (Marseille)

MF
: Seyi Olofinjana (Wolverhampton), Dickson Etuhu (Sunderland), Richard Eromoigbe (Levski Sofia), John Obi Mikel (Chelsea), Sani Kaita (Sparta Rotterdam), Onyekachi Okonkwo (FC Zurich), Yusuf Ayila (Dynamo Kiev), Lukman Haruna (Crystal Academy), Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting Lisbonne), Oladapo Olufemi (Boavista)

FW : Nwankwo Kanu, John Utaka (Portsmouth), Peter Odemwingie (Lokomotiv Moscou), Mannaseh Ishiaku (MSV Duisbourg), Ikechukwu Uche (Getafe), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Everton), Ayodele Makinwa (Lazio), Obinna Nsofor (Chievo Vérone), Obafemi Martins (Newcastle)

South Africa full squad :

GK : Rowen Fernandez ( Arminia Bielefeld , Germany ), Moeneeb Josephs (BidVest Wits), Itumaleng Khune (Kaizer Chiefs)

DF : Vuyo Mere (Mamelodi Sundowns), Bryce Moon (Ajax Cape Town), Bensen Mhlongo (Mamelodi Sundowns), Bevan Fransman (Moroka Swallows), Tsepo Masilela (Hapoel Tel Aviv, Israel), Brett Evans (Ajax Cape Town), Nasief Morris (Panathinaikos, Greece), Aaron Mokoena (Blackburn Rovers, England).

MF : Kagiso Dikgacoi (Golden Arrows), Elrio van Heerden (Club Brugge, Belgium ), Lance Davids ( Djurgardens , Sweden ), Surprise Moriri (Mamelodi Sundowns), Siphiwe Tshabalala (Kaizer Chiefs), Steven Pienaar ( Everton , England ), Teko Modise (Orlando Pirates)

FW : Excellent Walaza ( Orlando Pirates), Thembinkosi Fanteni ( Ajax Cape Town), Lerato Chabangu (Mamelodi Sundowns), Katlego Mphela (SuperSport United), Sibusiso Zuma ( Arminia Bielefeld , Germany )

Senegal preselection :

GK : Tony Sylva (Lille), Kalilou Cissokho (Bakou/AZE), Issa Ndoye (Zobehan/IRN), Bouna Coundoul (Colorado Rapids/USA), Cheikh Tidiane Ndiaye (Créteil)

DF : Omar Daf (Sochaux), Habib Bèye (Newcastle), Pascal Mendy (Kaunas), Ibrahima Khouma Guèye (Etoile rouge de Belgrade), Cheikh Guèye (FC Metz), Ibrahima Faye (Troyes), Guirane Ndaw (Sochaux), Boukhary Dramé (Sochaux), Ferdinand Coly (Parme), Souleymane Diawara (Bordeaux), Ibrahima Sonko (Reading), Mouhamed Adama Sarr (Standard de Liège), Lamine Diatta (Besiktas), Abdoulaye Diagne Faye (Newcastle)

MF : Bayal Sall (Saint-Etienne), Pape Bouba Diop (Portsmouth), Ousmane Ndoye (Académie Coimbra), Badara Sène (Sochaux), Malick Bâ (Bâle), Pape Waïgo Ndiaye (Gênes), Abdel Kader Mangane (Lens), Diomansy Kamara (Fulham), Frédéric Mendy (Bastia), Moussa Ndiaye (UMM Salal/QAT)

FW : Demba Bâ (Hoffenheim/ALL), Babacar Guèye (Metz), El Hadji Diouf (Bolton), Mamadou Niang (Marseille), Modou Sougou (Leiria), Souleymane Camara (Montpellier), Henri Camara (West Ham), Momar Ndiaye, (Metz), Ibrahima Sidibé (Debrecen/HON).

Morocco preselection :

GK : Abdelilah Bagui (Mas/MAR) , Nadir Lamyaghri (Wac/MAR) , Khalid Fouhami (RCA/MAR) , Adil Razzaki (Kac/MAR)

DF : Michael Bassir Chretien (Nancy/FRA) , Abdessamad Chahiri (Dhj/MAR) , Abdeslem Ouaddou (Valenciennes/FRA) , Amine Erbati (Dafra/EUA) , Jamal Alioui (Sion/SUI) , Adil Rami (Lille/FRA) , Talal El Karkouri (Al Qatari/QAT) , Hicham El Amrani (Rca/MAR) , Badr El Kadouri (Dynamo Kiev/UKR) , Hicham Mahdoufi (Metallist/UKR) , Ahmed Elouali Alami (Kac/MAR)

MF : Youssef Safri (Southampton/ENG) , Houcine Kharja (Piacenza/ITA) , Abdelkrim Kissi (Enosis Paralimini/CHY) , Abderrahmane Kabous (Csk Sofia/BUL) , Othman El Assas (Gharra/QAT) , Nouredin Boukhari (Sparta Rotterdam/NED) , Youssef Moukhtari (MSV Duisburg/GER)

FW : Youssef Hadji (Nancy/FRA) , Hicham Aboucherouane (Espérance Tunis/TUN) , Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux/FRA) , Soufiane Alloudi (El Ain/EAU) , Tarik Sektioui (FC Porto/POR) , Bouchaib El Moubarki (Grenoble/FRA) , Moncef Zerka (Nancy/FRA) , Abderrazak El Mnassfi (Mat/MAR) ,

Guinea preselection :

GK : Kémoko Camara (sans club), Naby Yattara (Couillet/BEL), Naby Diarso (Satellite FC/GUI), Hamidou Camara (AS Kaloum/GUI)

DF : Daouda Jabi (Trabzonsport/TUR), Oumar Kalabane (Manisaspor/TUR), Dian Bobo Baldé (Celtic/ECO), Ibrahima Camara (Le Mans), Habib Baldé (Reims), Kamille Zayatte (Young Boys Berne/SUI), Alimou Diallo (Sivaspor/TUR), Alsény Camara (Rodez), Ibrahima Diallo (Charleroi/BEL)

MF : Kanfory Sylla (Sivaspor/TUR), Mohamed Cissé (Burvaspor/TUR), Mohamed Sako (Etoile du Sahel/TUN), Kévin Constant (Toulouse), Ibrahima Souaré (Martigues), Mamadou Diouldé Bah (Strasbourg), Mangué Camara (Rouen), Ismaël Bangoura (Dynamo Kiev/UKR), Fodé Mansaré (Toulouse), Pascal Feindouno (Saint-Etienne), Samuel Johson (Ismaïlia/EGY), Ibrahima Yattara (Trabzonspor/TUR), Victor Correa (Cherbourg), Naby Soumah (Sfax/TUN), Ibrahima Bangoura (Troyes), Yady Minka Camara (Le Mans), Larsen Touré (Lille)

FW : Karamoko Cissé (Hellas Verone/ITA), Souleymane Youla (Lille), Alhassane Kéita (Al Jedad/KSA), Sambégou Bangoura (Boavista Porto/POR), Mohamed Karba Bangoura (Khourigba/MAR).

Tunisia preselection :

GK : Hamdi Kasraoui (Esperance), Aymen Mathlouthi (Etoile Sahel), Adel Nefzi (Club Africain)

DF : Wissem Abdi (Zamalek), Wissem Bekri (Esperance), Tijani Belaid (Slavia Prague), Sabeur Ben Frej, Radhouane Felhi, Seif Ghezal (all Etoile Sahel), Karim Hagui (Bayer Leverkusen), Radhi Jaidi (Birmingham City), David Jemmali (Girondins Bordeaux), Mehdi Merieh (Etoile Sahel), Chaker Zouaghi (Lokomotiv Moscow)

MF : Farid Ben Khalfallah (Angers), Chaouki Ben Saada (Bastia), Yassine Mikari (Grasshoppers Zurich), Joahar Mnari (Nuremburg), Mohamed Ali Nafkha (Etoile Sahel), Mehdi Nafti (Birmingham City), Mejdi Traoui (Etoile Sahel), Kamel Zaiem (Esperance)

FW : Amine Chermiti (Etoile Sahel), Yacine Chikhaoui (FC Zurich), Francileudo dos Santos (Toulouse), Issam Jomaa (Racing Lens), Ali Zitouni (Antalyaspor).

Group D is really tough....this should be a great tournament....is Drogba clear to play??
He is expected to be there , he'll join the squad's training camp in malaga so I think it will be OK .
even if he isn't fit for the first game against nigeria I think it will be OK with all the quality fowards they have .
here is their preselection

Ivory Coast preselection :

GK : Boubacar Barry (Lokeren, Belgique), Tiasse Kone (Africa Sports , CIV), Stephan Loboue (SpVgg Greuther Furth, Germany)

DF
: Athur Boka (VfB Stuttgart, Germany), Guy Demel (Hamburg SV, Germany), Constant Djakpa (Pandurii Targu Jiu, Romania), Emmanuel Eboue (Arsenal, England), Steve Gohouri (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Abdoulaye Meite (Bolton Wanderers, England), Kolo Toure (Arsenal, England), Marc Zoro (Benfica, Portugal)

MF : Emerse Fae (Reading, England), Christian Koffi Ndri (Le Mans, France), Siaka Tiene (St Etienne, France), Gilles Yapi Yapo (Young Boys Berne, Switzerland), Gneri Yaya Toure (Barcelona, Spain), Didier Zokora (Tottenham Hotspur, England)

FW : Aruna Dindane (Racing Lens, France), Amara Diane (Paris St Germain, France), Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou (both Chelsea, England), Abdelkader Keita (Olympique Lyon, France), Arouna Kone (Sevilla, Spain), Bakary Kone (Nice, France), Gervais Yao Kouassi (Le Mans, France), Boubacar Sanogo (Werder Bremen, Germany).

Angola preselection :

GK : Lama (Petro Atletico), Mario (InterClube), Nuno (AS Aviacao)

DF : Marco Airosa (Fatima, Portugal), Delgado (Metz, France), Jamba (AS Aviacao), Kali (FC Sion, Switzerland), Loco (Primeiro Agosto), Machado (Anadia, Portugal), Rui Marques (Leeds United, England), Yamba Asha (Petro Atletico)

MF : Andre (Kuwait SC, Kuwait), Dede, Edson (both Pacos Ferreira, Portugal), Figueiredo (Osters, Sweden), Gilberto (Al Ahli, Egypt), Mabina (Petro Atletico), Maurito (Kuwait SC, Kuwait), Mendonca (Belenenses, Portugal), Nelo (Benfica Lubango), Ze Kalanga (Boavista, Portugal)

FW : Pedro Henriques (InterClube), Flavio (Al Ahli, Egypt), Love (Primeiro Agosto), Manucho (Petro Atletico), Mateus (Boavista, Portugal), Diangi Matusiwa (FC Omniworld, Netherlands), Minguito (InterClube), Santana (Petro Atletico)

Ghana preselection :

GK : Richard Kingson (Birmingham City/ANG), Sammy Adjei (Ashdod/ISR), Fatau Dauda (AshantiGold/GHA), Laud Quartey (Hearts of Oak/GHA), Isaac Amoako (Asante Kotoko/GHA).

DF : John Paintsil (West Ham/ANG), Dan Opare (AshantiGold/GHA), Hans Adu Sarpei (Bayern Leverkusen/ALL), Nana Kwasi Asare (FC Mechelon/BEL), John Mensah (Rennes/FRA), Alhassan Illiasu (FC Saturn/RUS), Francis Dickoh (FC Utretcht/HOL), Kofi Amponsah (Appollon Kalamarias/GRE), Afful Harrison (Asante Kotoko/GHA), Daniel Addo (Kessben FC/GHA)

MF
: Anthony Annan (I.K. Start/NOR), Eric Addo (PSV Eindhoven/HOL), Kwadwo Asamoah (Liberty Professionals/GHA), Michael Essien (Chelsea/ANG), Bennard Kumodzi (Panionios FC/GRE), Laryea Kingston (Hearts/ECO), Haminu Draman (Locomotiv Moscow/RUS), Moussa Narry (Etoile du Sahel/TUN), Stephen Appiah (Fenerbahçe/TUR), Sulley Muntari (Portsmouth/ANG), Andre Ayew (Olympique Marseille/FRA), Ahmed Barruso (AS Rome/ITA), Hamza Mohammed (FC Ceahlaul/ROU), Rabiu Mohammed (Liberty Professionals/GHA), Michael Helegbe (FC Guingamp/FRA)

FW : Matthew Amoah (NAC Breda/HOL), Asamoah Gyan (Udinese/ITA), Baffuor Gyan (FC Saturn/RUS), Junior Agogo (Nottingham Forest/ANG), Quincy Owusu-Abeyie (Celta Vigo/ESP), Nafiu Iddrisu (ASEC Mimosas/CIV), Eric Bekoe (Asante Kotoko/GHA), Joe Tex Frimpong (Young Boys/SUI), Chris Dickson (Gillingham/ANG), Sadat Bukari (Etoile du Sahel/TUN)

Egypt preselection :

GK : Essam Al-Hadari (Ahli), Mohamed Abdul-Monsef (Zamalek), Mohamed Sobhi (Ismaili), Wael Khalifa (Al-Gaish).

DF : Wael Gomaa (Al-Sayliya, Qatar), Ibrahim Saied (Ankaragucu, Turkey), Shadi Mohamed, Ahmed Fathi (Ahli), Sayed Moawad, Hani Saied, Sherif Abdul-Fadil, Moatasem Salem (Ismaili), Mahmoud Fathallah, Tarek Al-Sayed (Zamalek), Osama Mohamed (Petrojet), Ahmed Samir (Harras Al-Hodoud).

MF : Mohamed Shawky (Middlesbrough, England), Hossam Ghaly (Tottenham, England), Ahmed Hassan (Anderlecht, Belgium), Hassan Mostafa (Al-Wehda, Saudi Arabia), Mohamed Abou-Treika (Ahli), Hosni Abd-Rabou, Omar Gamal (Ismaili), Waleed Soliman, Ahmed Shaaban (Petrojet), Ahmed Mohamadi (ENPPI), Mohsen Hendawi (Ghazl Mahalla).

FW : Mohamed Zidan (Hamburg, Germany), Emad Meteb (Ahli), Amr Zaki (Zamalek), Mohamed Fadl (Ismaili), Ahmed Salama (Tersana).

Seyi Olofinjana (Wolverhampton)
I reckon he will be the star of the squad. Probably the most humblest (and hardworking player) in the Nigeria squad.

When he plays, his not playing for a contract for a big European club, but for his actually playing for his country in mind.

Agood player and a nice guy.

Good selection.

I reckon he will be the star of the squad. Probably the most humblest (and hardworking player) in the Nigeria squad.

When he plays, his not playing for a contract for a big European club, but for his actually playing for his country in mind.

Agood player and a nice guy.

Good selection.
I thing Nigeria is the most regular country in africa even if they missed the WC qualification last time . they are often in the semi finals in the african cup and it's always a detail that make them leave the tournament , they won the 3rd rank game in the last 3 african cups and in the one before they finished 2nd without loosing a game , even the final against cameroun .
for that reason I prefere Morocco face Ivory Coast in the 1/4 final rather than Nigeria even if both are better to avoid .
No Mido for Egypt?
he's injuried .

Back
Top Bottom