Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (360/PS3/PC)

Re: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Thread (360/PS3/PC)

I meant to say 5th in the last post.

Sorry, I'm drunk.

Wow. Just played two games and had an absolute ball! I'm crap at FPS multiplayer games but I still got a few kills anyway :)

Brilliant game, just the right pace, single shots can kill, weapons feel right, maps were great, no lag at all. Loved it! Definate retail purchase off me :)

Right Jay, quick question. I was discussing this in work earlier. How come you pre-order? Americans pre-order because they say stores sell out of games when they get to the store, but I've not once been to a store and seen a game sold out on release day?

oooooooooo let me check if i have my code

Nice one Coopz :) We should get something together and get the people in Evo-Web with the beta onto an online deathmatch game or something :)

for fucks sake i thought i could at least download it without a gold account

is it a multiplayer demo only?

looks like i may as well get my new live sub tomorrow then

Right Jay, quick question. I was discussing this in work earlier. How come you pre-order? Americans pre-order because they say stores sell out of games when they get to the store, but I've not once been to a store and seen a game sold out on release day?
Snoop, I think he pre-orders for the same reason as me.

If you pre-order from ShopTo.net, you save yourself a few quid (usually over £5, I got Stranglehold for £32.99 instead of £39.99). But the biggest selling point is, you get it days early from ShopTo.

Stranglehold isn't due out til Friday and I got it this morning. Tiger Woods 08 was due out on a Friday and I got it on the Tuesday.

You save money and you get it before everyone else, you can't lose. And besides, Bioshock did actually sell out in several shops in my local shopping centre (and the limited edition sold out online within a week of pre-ordering being available).

is it a multiplayer demo only?
It's not a demo, it's a beta, aimed at weeding out the cheats and glitches. So yes, it's multiplayer only.

Last edited:

Nice one Coopz :) We should get something together and get the people in Evo-Web with the beta onto an online deathmatch game or something :)

yeah me, you, Jay, JB and Dead man can all get on it

Snoop, I think he pre-orders for the same reason as me.

If you pre-order from ShopTo.net, you save yourself a few quid (usually over £5, I got Stranglehold for £32.99 instead of £39.99). But the biggest selling point is, you get it days early from ShopTo.

Stranglehold isn't due out til Friday and I got it this morning. Tiger Woods 08 was due out on a Friday and I got it on the Tuesday.

You save money and you get it before everyone else, you can't lose.

Yeah like JB said.

Downloading now, woot woot!!!!!!

Coopz, you can get the 12 months XBL from the guy I got my code from on eBay, got the code within minutes of paying.

I wonder if I should pre-order FIFA. I'd be gutted if all of you got it days earlier and I had to wait til the Friday!

i did order off Ebay but it may not have been the same guy as you

it said within 24 hours but its usually within 1

Man, I'm nearly always bottom of the player stats! I know I'm poo but I didn't think I was THAT bad! :(

I just added you btw Snoop

my code for live better hurry up

Bah, you add me as soon as I say how crap I am, coincidence? ;)

Just downloading this now. :) Just got 12 months gold the other day so hopefully this will be a good game online. :)

Does it appear on XBOX Live for download or something then, as I dunno because I havent connected it to XBOX Live today, will try tomorrow...

You get emailed a code to put in on the redeem code section of the marketplace, you then get the option to DL the COD4 Beta.

Right i have the demo

so are the following up for creating a room tonight

Holio, Jay, Snoop, JayM and JB?

3 on 3 perfect for testing the game out :)

I have the FIFA 08 demo, everything else is irrelevant :)

I'm up for a game tonight. Can I suggest maybe 9pm-ish? When I get home, I'll have to grab FIFA and have some playing time with that first. After that, I'm up for a COD4 shoot-out :)

Back
Top Bottom