Burnout Revenge

Re: Burnout 4

It does look darker and more realistic, it aint due out for a fair few months yet though.

Surely they would wait until the PS3, before releasing this?

PS3 won't be out before 2006, not even in Japan by the looks of it. Another Burnout was always on the cards for this generation, I just hope that it's worthwhile. BO3 was fabulous, I have a niggling feeling all we might get with this one is more of the same with a 'realism' aspect/appearance.

ClassicD said:
I have a niggling feeling all we might get with this one is more of the same with a 'realism' aspect/appearance.

I would be quite happy with that as I felt they had the driving experience just right. After all, once you hit a winning formula, why change it drastically?

Crayon that's right, but I want it to offer enough new aspects to tempt me to buy it too.

burnout4_44_1.jpg

burnout4_44_2.jpg

Btw, did you finish the last one? I got up to around 85% but haven't played for a while.

I liked that part. Some of the positioning was quite challenging in order to pick up bonuses.

ClassicD said:
Yes I finished everything except crash mode, as I found that part of the game a bore.

I love the crash mode! \\:o/

ClassicD said:
BO3 was fabulous, I have a niggling feeling all we might get with this one is more of the same with a 'realism' aspect/appearance.

I agree with you there.

Ohhh a new burnout, BO3 has to be the game I've pld most on live with since it's release (sorry PES4) so I'll deffo be gettin this one. I just need a wireless linksys thing so I can get me xbox baxk on live now. :)

looks good...........But I cant really see how they expand the gameplay. Buurnout is an arcade game.

Fecking spectacular. Played the demo for nearly 2 hours non Stop . Can't Bloody wait

Hey guys I've just played the Demo of Burnout 4 Revenge for Xbox....
After playing the demo several times I must say "number 4" is looking even better than "number 3" .... I thought Burnout 3 was a really good game, but it could still need some extra's to make it even better.
Ofcourse I've played a demo ... no big deal ... it doesn't give you a idea of how the actual full game is gonna be but it sure is fun.

If you wanna know something specific be sure to ask... I'll try to anwser as quick as possible

So, out this week in North America and 2 weeks for us chumps in Europe, anyone made up their mind whether they're getting it or not?

j4y3m said:
^Do the cars feel any heavier?

Never noticed That sorry :S , 2 months late but imo Handling feels The same in Every department, Never tried the 4 other cars demo though.

Should be *Out* in a day or 2 though , Release is on wednesday :)

ClassicD said:
So, out this week in North America and 2 weeks for us chumps in Europe, anyone made up their mind whether they're getting it or not?

Awesome game but I'm not gonna buy now and then buy it again for 360 in two months.

I'll dig up the last one and finish off that 10 percent or so I have left on it.

The only thing they've said about the next-gen version is it will be out in 2006, they've not mentioned whether it's just the same game or a new version. I'm just not sure if it's different enough to warrant buying, when I get PGR3 on 360 I'll probably not play it again.

ClassicD said:
The only thing they've said about the next-gen version is it will be out in 2006, they've not mentioned whether it's just the same game or a new version. I'm just not sure if it's different enough to warrant buying, when I get PGR3 on 360 I'll probably not play it again.

Yeah, you're right -- March 06 release date for the 360 version, with little in the way about how and if this will be different than the current version.

Overall, this game ruined all the sims for me. They all feel way to slow, like driving bricks (as someone once said). Can't understand why I can't do a Wall takedown in PGR ;)

One Major Draw back in Revenge is it is too Easy , I Cruised through the first 4 levels In the space of an Hour and a half Earning 5 Stars Each Race Bar one Crash ( Which At first Didn't Like, Mainly Due to me Blowing my engine half the time , But It grew on me ) . Also Ramming THe Traffic from Behind Creating Richochets Of Death May seem Fun For the first Few races . But It Takes a lot of Skill out of it , you Can literally Drive on the Right side of the road Ploughing into Trafic and Burning all the way Too Claim An Easy Victory. But theres Absolutly No Fun involved ,

I have had a few Moments where my Car or opponents cars Suddenly Jerk To a correct path usually on Shortcut , But saying that One small Issue with the clipping is no biggy.Gotta see what its like on xbox Live and Get some Real Competition Going :)

Anyone Know all the cars you Get from the beginning , I started with 1 Due to previous Burnout Saves ( New Crash mode Car ) but theres Ones for Nfl 06 and I assume Completeing Other Elements of Takedown

That was the main complaint in a review I read, the 'white-knuckle' element of the game was far less intense because there wasn't the need to avoid every piece of traffic, you can just plough through most of it at will.

The NFL car is just some NFL-emblazoned van I've heard, nothing to write home about.

I'm definitely going to be trying this out before I decide to get it for XBox Live or not.

Back
Top Bottom