Bundesliga 2008/2009

Re: Bundesliga 2006/2007

Here are the missing highlights from both sunday games:

Code:
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30998411/mainz_v_frankfurt_1-1.avi.html]1. FSV Mainz 05 - Eintracht Frankfurt > 1:1[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/31002381/hamburg_v_berlin_1-1.avi.html]Hamburger SV    - Hertha BSC Berlin   > 1:1[/url]

Pantelic just acted like a knob when he was substituted and how the hell Guerrero missed that chance at the end of the game i'll never know, it was just sitting waiting to be scored and he hoofed it into the stands.

I'm agreeing with Kel that Berisha definately needs a chance to find his feet, but maybe a bit harsh on Lauth afterall he was on a bit of a scoring frenzy towards the end of last season, maybe he can continue given another game.

It would be so neat if they could sign Ryan Babel! :)

With a character like Sorin in the team and Kompany back in action in the near future, I really don't see HSV underachieving much longer. Today it was basically bad luck.
Hopefully VDV won't be out for too long.

Yeah they really are starting to become a team with a squad of quality players, hopefully this will translate into winning matches and challenge Bayern's dominance. That's really what the Bundesliga is missing in my opinion, a team who every season can challenge for the top spot, over the last few seasons Werder Bremen have become the team most likely to do that and hopefully (just for the sakes of making things interesting) they can keep it up for seasons to come, aswell as Hamburg joining them at the top and relegate Bayern to becoming a mid-table side, but the latter is highly unlikely unless their is another football scandal which dismantles their team and rids the clubs account of millions of euros.

Hey, cut my club some slack for a minute!
You're so harsh! :D

However, I do agree with a lot what you say. We need not only one or two but a couple of teams that can challenge for the title! Consistency is a hard one to achieve, take Leverkusen as an example. For almost a decade they always came in close second or third, were on their way (if not already) an established club even in European football and ONE really bad season after years of success degraded them to a ...well... "UEFA-Cup at max -team".
I do not even WANT to start talking about Borussia Dortmund. Miss those great days when Bayern and the BVB were bitter enemies and challenged for glory both on national and the international stage.

Saenko got nominated for the Russian nationalteam by Guus Hiddink for the first time. Nice! :) Well deserved.

Neururer is most likely gonna be sacked as Hanover coach today.

Sorin is now a player of HSV! :) Good transfer for the club, also for the league a nice new face.

OPM said:
Neururer is most likely gonna be sacked as Hanover coach today.

hopefully, he's by far the worst coach in the bundesliga.

Milivoje Novakovic has joined Köln for 3 years so we might see another Slovenian player in the 1. Bundesliga next year. :)

yeah. :) Anything you can tell me about him? just curious. i heard he was pretty expensive, but i never saw him actually play.

The only time I saw him play was in the friendly against Trinidad & Tobago when he scored a hattrick.

He's a pure goal scoring machine and he was last year's top scorer in the Bulgarian league. He's pretty big as well (195 cm) and can use his height.

That's all I know about him.

I can't wait for this league to start. What are the chances of Lokomotiv Leipzig this season? Where is Thomas Hassler playint these days? I always thought he was a little funny guy. The level of German football is pretty high these days. We all watched the world cup and who can possibly forget that great volley by Ballack against England?

Great league!

That's really bad news for them. But better early on in the season than late. ;)

Neururer was officially sacked btw.
Clever to get this done during the rather long break than waiting another (desastrous) game and rushing with decisions afterwards.

I'm really looking forward to Van Bommels and Sorins debuts. In fact I'd rather not have the first euro-qualifiers now of all time, considering our three first choice centre backs are out for these matches. :/

Seems like Hannover now is after Aachen's coach Dieter Hecking to replace Peter Neururer, quite interesting if it's going to happen

HSV and Werder got elimanted by 3rd league sides in the first cup fixture today, and bayern are 1:0 behind at halftime against st.pauli :lmao: possibly all 3 championsleague teams get kicked out :lol:

Oh look Bayern got through, what a surprise. Shame Pauli couldn't have got revenge for last season. No teams from Hamburg in the second round. :(

Mainz out vs Saarbrücken (3rd league), Bielefeld out against Pfullendorf (3rd league) :D

September 15
FT Wolfsburg 1 - 2 Hannover

September 16
15:30 Alemannia Aachen - Monchengladbach
15:30 Arminia Bielefeld - Bayern Munich
15:30 Borussia Dortmund - Hamburger SV
15:30 Energie Cottbus - Mainz
15:30 Nurnberg - Bochum
15:30 Werder Bremen - Stuttgart

September 17
17:00 Eintracht Frankfurt - Bayer Leverkusen
17:00 Hertha BSC - Schalke

Brdaric sure showed Neururer what an icompetent coach he really is.
I still don't like Thomas, though. ;)

yup...time for me to start my journey to the stadium...lol..having some beer...getting excited! keep your fingers crossed for my team ;)

Matchday 04
Results (Full-Time)
- - - - - - - - - -

Werder Bremen 2 : 3 VfB Stuttgart :D
... 1:0 Hilbert (own goal)
... 2:0 Zidan
... 2:1 Hilbert
... 2:2 Pardo
... 2:3 Gomez

Bor. Dortmund 1 : 0 Hamburger SV :D
... 1:0 Woerns

1.FC Nurnberg 1 : 1 VfL Bochum
... 0:1 Gekas
... 1:1 Polak

Ar. Bielefeld 2 : 1 FC Bayern Mun. :(
... 0:1 van Bommel
... 1:1 Wichniarek
... 2:1 Kamper

Alem. Aachen 4 : 2 Bor. M'Gladbach 8)
... 1:0 Reghecampf
... 2:0 Schlaudraff
... 2:1 Kahe
... 3:1 Ebbers
... 4:1 Schlaudraff
... 4:2 Kahe

Ener. Cottbus 2 : 0 1.FSV Mainz 05 8)
... 1:0 Radu
... 2:0 Munteanu

- - - - - - - -

What the ...

Last edited:

The "special" day was rounded up by Hertha and Frankfurt today beating self-acclaimed challengers for the title: Schalke and a highly rated Leverkusen side.

The favorites still have a long way to go to live up to their high expectations. Especially Hamburg had a disastrous start. Next weeks match against Werder could be a turning point for either of the teams. Looking forward to this. :)

Back
Top Bottom