Bundesliga 2008/2009

Re: Bundesliga 2006/2007

Rentalkid said:
a) Hargreaves has a contract and he owes Uli Hoeness a lot, said that himself couple of days ago, so why is everybody mad at Hoeness and Rummenigge? They have absolutely every right to act this way

b) Owen NEVER said he wouldn't want to play for Bayern anymore if that deal wouldn't be closed. (If he had that would disqualify him as a person in my opinion and I'd be fine if he left for good.)

c) He wants to play in Englad "sometime" and he will, but most likely not this year. Fact is Bayern is in the "pole position" in this situation.

a. I don't disagree with him owing them a lot, but the way they've acted is fairly disrespectful to him. He's not some kid, he's a professional, to be told stop complaining or I'll get angry isn't exactly meeting those expectations. Plus, how many years til he pays off his debt to the club?

b. Owen's clearly too nice and too professional to put his own desires ahead of Bayern's, unlike Gallas and Diarra, more like Crespo. However, in my opinion this sends the wrong message: Diarra and Gallas (likely) will get what they want, whereas Crespo spent a year in England when he didn't want to be there, and so will Hargreaves.

c. I agree Bayern are in pole position, but they've not handled things well. What message does it send to young players thinking of joining that basically, you will have no rights as a player. Makes me wonder under what conditions he was kindly asked to sign his contract extension! Ruud clearly saw something he didn't like in Germany, United wanted him to go that way, but they honoured the players wishes instead.

Thing that I don't get is that ManU officials were furious about Real Madrid's behaviour regarding C.Ronaldo back in the day and now do exactly the same...

What our managment does right now is showing absolute loyalty to the coach because he does not want Hargreaves to leave since the guy plays a major part in his plannings.
It was not last year or the years before it is THIS very year that Hargreaves is needed most in our squad and if Hoeness and Co. would let him go now they'd stab Magath right in the back.
Let's face it, Hargreaves is nowhere near worth the 25 million Euros ManU is willing to pay for him and I bet my ass off that deep inside our officials are tempted to accept the offer, but they won't because they still got their principles and, as stated above, loyalties.

Fact is ManU started negotiating with Hargreaves without permission of his employer, no wonder the latter is mad at them.

Werder Bremen muss "bwin"-Trikots zu Hause lassen

Fußball-Bundesligist Werder Bremen darf
am Freitag im Spiel bei Schalke 04 in der Veltins-Arena auf seinen
Trikots nicht für "bwin" (vormals "betandwin") werben. Das bestätigte
das Presseamt der Stadt Gelsenkirchen am Donnerstag. Man sei von der
Bezirksregierung Münster angehalten zu verhindern, dass Bremen
Brustwerbung für den privaten Wettenanbieter mache. "Wir akzeptieren
das Verbot, lassen jedoch offen, mit welchem Werbeaufdruck wir
antreten", sagte Werder-Mediendirektor Tino Polster.

Can somebody translate this please?

In some parts of our country the local governments forbid certain advertisment for betting offices like "bwin", so Werder won't be allowed to have their usual sponsoring printed on their jerseys.
It's not yet clear how they're gonna replace it though.

Rentalkid said:
In some parts of our country the local governments forbid certain advertisment for betting offices like "bwin", so Werder won't be allowed to have their usual sponsoring printed on their jerseys.
It's not yet clear how they're gonna replace it though.
So it's similar to tobaco laws and F1.

There is a Bundesliga show on DW-TV, which is Sky 801, for people in England. It's called Bundesliga Kick-off! Every Friday 2:30pm and at 5:30pm.

Good show.

I really enjoyed the Schalke v Werder match tonight, i thought Schalke's fast breaks were great and Wiese had to pull out some brilliant saves to stop an embarresment.

Can't really comment on players, cause i had Chinese commentary and i didn't see the lineups

But a enjoyable match all the same

The lineups:

vlcsnap-54420.png

vlcsnap-55004.png

Not the best of pics, though.

M'gladbach - Arminia
1:0

Bochum - FC Energie
0:1

Hannover - Aachen
0:3

FC Bayern - Nürnberg
0:0

Bayer 04 - Wolfsburg
1:1

Stuttgart - Dortmund
1:3

nice draw :applause:

yeah some luck there...still a great result, fantastic to see my club top the league, i am really excited to see what place we will finish in the end

Hans Meyer is a great coach, always was, always will be. :)

Makaays miss was rather funny, I though. The guy has a better left foot than most left footed players, why didn't he use it? Don't think he ever missed a chance like this in his life, neither did anyone else. :D

Omg, I downloaded the Schalke - Werder match and was so looking forward to see it when I wake up.

And then I open FF and the match result was showing. I was gutted and couldn't watch the allready downloaded match. :eh:

Can someone explain to me what is going wrong with Hannover? granted they don't have the best squad on the league but neither did they last season and they still managed to finish 12th. Surely they can't be mourning the loss of Mertesacker so much that they bomb to the bottom of the league conceding a very unhealthy 11 goals in three games. Is this just a minor slip in form or do people think that Hannover will continue to be punished for a slack defence the rest of the season?

Highlights from matchday three:

Code:
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30868794/schalke_v_bremen_2-0.avi.html]FC Schalke 04       - SV Werder Bremen      > 2:0[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30859659/gladbach_v_bielefeld_1-0.avi.html]Borussia M'gladbach - DSC Arminia Bielefeld > 1:0[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30856538/bochum_v_cottbus_0-1.avi.html]VfL Bochum          - FC Energie Cottbus    > 0:1[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30853607/hannover_v_aachen_0-3.avi.html]Hannover 96         - Alemannia Aachen      > 0:3[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30867429/muenchen_v_nuernberg_0-0.avi.html]FC Bayern München   - 1. FC Nürnberg        > 0:0[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30863113/leverkusen_v_wolfsburg_1-1.avi.html]Bayer 04 Leverkusen - VfL Wolfsburg         > 1:1[/url]
[url=http://rapidshare.de/files/30872596/stuttgart_v_dortmund_1-3.avi.html]VfB Stuttgart       - Borussia Dortmund     > 1:3[/url]

Hail 1.FC Nürnberg! :D

Thay started very well the league, I hope they get a place in European competitions.

thanks mate, hopefully we are able to pull out something like that, but i am really not sure...it'd be awesome! :D

I watched Sportschau (probably spelled wrong :mrgreen:) and it looked like Hannover - Aachen was one hell of a match. Hannover was always attacking and looking for a goal, but the Aachen keeper made some great saves.

But Hannover made some silly mistakes and Aachen was able to punish them so it ended 0-3.

Btw, that first goal was very well done.

Hehe, cool then. :mrgreen: Damn, my German is quite average, because I never had to study hard to get good enough grades.

Btw, what was up with Ramelow? 2 yellow cards in 5 secs. Does he often get pissed off like that?

at least i can't remember anything like that. afterwards he said that he really didn't use that harsh words. whatever, lol :D

todays results:

Hamburg - Hertha 1:1 (1:0)

Sanogo opening the score, Gimenez equalized, nice comedy acting by pantelic also when he was substituted (kel, highlights?)

red cards for collin benjamin and sofian chahed.

Mainz - Frankfurt 1:1 (0:1)

amanatidis scored a nice header, late equalizer by jovanovic (header aswell)

2 frankfurt players sent off, spycher and vasoski.

Last edited:

3 draws in 3 matches...they seem a bit out of shape. but new signings on the way until 31. (sorin most likely, maybe babel ), i am sure they will be in good shape again soon :D

it's a 3 weeks break now with national team fixture and a cup weekend coming up. anyone interested in the fixtures?

SPiTFiRE said:
What the hell is happening with Hamburg? :shock:

Still unbeaten this season, what do you want? :mryellow:

Seriously, after the last fantastic season I knew the expectations were high especially with the new signings made and going to be harder but it's not only that we have not won a game yet, we also play shite. Furthermore, I hope Thomas Doll will eventually drop Benjamin Lauth and give Besart Berisha a chance seeing that also Paolo Guerrero fails.

Highlights from todays games might be coming later.

Last edited:

I just knew somebody in the Hamburg - Berlin game would get sent off. The first half was allreadyvery harsh with taunts betwen some individuals.

Back
Top Bottom