Breaking News : Mourinho Leaves Chelsea

i dunno really what this means but to be honest i seriously dont think theirs a better manager out there chelsea will get..sundays game will be even more of a pressure game for chelsea
So it'll be Steve Clarke or Rui Faria in charge for that, according to their site they're BOTH "assistant manager"... I wonder who will be caretaker manager, interesting.

What a terrible loss for Chelsea Football Club and Premiership as a whole. :(

If he stayed in charge, I could see Chelsea regain the Premiership crown this season and perhaps win the Champions League as well.

But oh well, their loss will be other people's gain....

What a terrible loss for Chelsea Football Club and Premiership as a whole. :(

If he stayed in charge, I could see Chelsea regain the Premiership crown this season and perhaps win the Champions League as well.

But oh well, their loss will be other people's gain....

so PLF you dont think they can do it know? i think he has built a great squad there and to be honest a manager could come in and pick the 11 and the tactics and still win the league imo

Question is what big name replaces him, or what talented manager fills his boots?

Bad timing in from my point of view though....

It will be even more fun if he sticks around in the Premiership with a weaker team and keep entertaining us with his brand of big mouth stand up comedy.

Jose's whole backroom staff is looking to get sacked.

That new 'director of Chelsea football' Avram Grant takes over for the next game, looks like it was a well timed plot if thats the case.

Last edited:
IMHO (and what do i know)he's still one of the best managers in the world and perhaps simply the best...
This could be the beginning of the end for Chelsea...the amount of money that they spend is a bad thing for football and for Chelsea in the long term.
Underneath all the show in the bravado i'm somehow convinced that Mourinho is a nice and decent guy...and the best boss football players can have...he's loved by his former players...lately i saw a former player (Benny Mc Carthy???) who just before a math went to greet Mourinho...they simply hugged each other...that says it all...i've read Strachan's book and what he writes about Ferguson...yikes...i prefer Mourinho.
Well he can come to Belgium and coach my favourite team Brussels (no way José).

I guess Abramovih will tru to convince Guus Hiddink to take over at Chelsea...

Just like Jack i'm gutted...

Avram Grant takes over. Apparently not as caretaker.

Never heard of him but a BBC article decsribed him thus:

"He is a friend of Blues owner Roman Abramovich and will work closely with manager Jose Mourinho as well as head of youth development Frank Arnesen.

Grant, 51, who had been technical director at Portsmouth, will also sit on the football club board.

Grant guided Israel to the brink of World Cup qualification in 2006, when the side finished unbeaten in their group but trailed France and Switzerland."

Sad to see Jose go. Definitely a loss to British football if he leaves the country. He was a guy I'd grown to love to hate. I loved it when Chelsea got beat because he cried like a baby and his attacks on other teams and managers kept things ticking over nicely. Football is all the better with the sort of spice he brought. A bright light has been turned out on the Premier League.

Obrigado Jose

Did anyone have a bet on this? :mryellow: Bet the odds were good.

Farewell Jose :salute: It looks like we're back to Fergie and Wenger as the "characters" of the Premier League" :roll: yawn

I think we all know who the 'real' bad egg is in this situation.

The only bonus is perhaps Chelsea will eventually go back to playing entertaining football again.

though im not a blues fan but im afraid this will do chelsea more harm than good. and im guessing the clubs mainstays will do some rethinking about where their loyalty lies as well. jose is a winner, he instils that in all the players he handled and that unconditional trust between manager/player is what makes a club great. with him gone it wouldnt be a surprise if others follow as well. just my two cents. hope to see mr. mourinho back asap in whatever club he manages in the future. football needs someone like him...

I'm surprised to many are happy to see him leave. Sure he was a wanker at times but that just made the sport more entertaining and made beating Chelsea more meaningful.
I hope he stays in the Premiership and helps another team break into the top 4.

Prof, although Chelsea weren't exactly an offensive team, somehow i always enjoyed watching them...i think they did play entertaining football. I admired Mourinho's Chelsea for the way they could have results and never gave up with lots of last minute winners...that is great to do...

Who is the 'real' bad eg Prof????

I'm surprised to many are happy to see him leave. Sure he was a wanker at times but that just made the sport more entertaining and made beating Chelsea more meaningful.
I hope he stays in the Premiership and helps another team break into the top 4.

I totally agree with that post...
Coming from a Man Utd fan that is very reasonable...other teams should break into that top 4...

Respect...

I'm shocked at how gutted I am but I'm seriously gutted.

I couldnt be more happier, what a great week for footie fans. Chelsea draw 1-1 in front of 10 people, Mourinho sods off, fifa08 out next week!!!

Excellent........

(I understand the people saying its a loss for the prem, as he's a "character", but for a top four supporter he's just a lying wanker!)

Prof, although Chelsea weren't exactly an offensive team, somehow i always enjoyed watching them...i think they did play entertaining football. I admired Mourinho's Chelsea for the way they could have results and never gave up with lots of last minute winners...that is great to do...

Who is the 'real' bad eg Prof????

Gerd, despite being very inconsistent, Chelsea did however used to play a lot more attractive football under previous managers (Gullitt, Vialli, Hoddle, Ranieri etc). Of course, there was less pressure in those days. And some days the team didn't turn up (not literally. In a football sense). Perhaps they should get some Italians back :mryellow:

The bad egg imo, is Russian, Gerd ;) Avram Grant, another friend of Abramovich, will have a lot to live up to. Will he be the managerial equivalent of Shevchenko? (friend of Abramovich)

Back
Top Bottom