Breaking Bad - Season 5 part II

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 4 (July 17)

Been looking forward to this for months and months.

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 4

Wow, this is a great show!! Only started getting into it recently and so glad I was so glad I did. I am usually slow on the uptake of these American sitcoms. I just finished watching Hung has anyone else here seen this?

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5 (15 July)

Breaking Bad season 5 (15 July)

Poster :
TWD-S5-Key-Art-796.jpg

Trailer :
YouTube - Breaking Bad - Season 5 OFFICIAL TRAILER

Yeah really enjoyed this so far, upto the last few episodes of season 4.

Once I watch that I'll catch up with my Game of Thrones and then straight onto Season 4.

FD

hehe.........

Really been enjoying this, see that it breaks up for the 2nd half to finish next year.

FD

Strange there is so little activity in this thread. One of the best series of all time (in the opinion of a lot of people and critics), with a lot of talking points, yet largely ignored here.
Should be a breathtaking final season, though the huge break in the middle seems to me to make it 2 separate seasons really.

I tend to watch television series's when their finished simply because if I become hooked the 'waiting' for the next episode bit pisses me off.

So thoughts without Spoilers where does this rank in the elite list of shows?

I tend to watch television series's when their finished simply because if I become hooked the 'waiting' for the next episode bit pisses me off.

So thoughts without Spoilers where does this rank in the elite list of shows?

Top 5 easily, maybe top 3, possibly even the best. It's a seriously good TV show.

It's an absolutely fantastic show.

Defo one of my favs.

For me Sopranos just edges The Shield for me, I loved Deadwood, but that only went a small set of seasons so maybe a bit unfair to put it ahead of more seasoned/completed series. So it might move into 3rd place for me.

FD

Re: Breaking Bad - Season 5

The best show I've ever seen in my life. Completely engrossed in everything Breaking Bad. It is a shame that they have split this into a 2-part series, but I'm fully up to speed, episode-wise, and can't wait for Sunday's half-season finale.

The best show I've ever seen in my life. Completely engrossed in everything Breaking Bad. It is a shame that they have split this into a 2-part series, but I'm fully up to speed, episode-wise, and can't wait for Sunday's half-season finale.

This!

Jings, going into this episode I was hoping Walt got his cumuppence, but by the end of it, it was reversed.

Jeez, I wished the series actually finished off there. :D

But now it certainly won't.

FD

Hmm, a "good" episode. Wasn't as great as some of the other episodes this season and I expected a better finish to it. Still looking forward to the second part though.

Jings, going into this episode I was hoping Walt got his cumuppence, but by the end of it, it was reversed.

Jeez, I wished the series actually finished off there. :D

But now it certainly won't.

FD

OH MY GOD !!!! :CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

I just have to say, in all my 38 years, I've never ever been so obsessed with any T.V show or movie as I am with Breaking Bad. I've introduced the show to literally everyone I know, and burnt off a million and one discs in the process. I go to bed thinking of this show, I wake up thinking of this show. It has me thinking about it at work, out of work, even in my sleep. A true testament to it's pure undiluted genius.

Back to last night's finale episode. For the record, I would have liked the episode to have been named 'Loose Ends', as I think that befitted the show perfectly.

Just for the record, Vince has lead us to believe that Walter has made a severely sloppy oversight by leaving that book lying around his house. Especially after taking out all of Mike's guys in the synchronized prison killing spree.

It seems very odd that Walter would be capable of making such a huge error in this regard, bearing in mind his meticulous nature. That's because he didn't.

The foreword in that book by Walter Whitman wasn't actually written by Gale. The initials G.B, are not those of Gale Boetticher (the dead chemist) but Gretchin Black (her maiden name). Walter has had a proposed affair with Gretchin, hence the reason he left Gray Matters. Walter had that book all along, and he actually unpacked it in Episode 3 of Season 5 and smiled. It definitely wasn't given to him from Gale.

It's a pure coincidence, but it's enough to start Hank's mind ticking over again...........

LLRqS.jpg

Vince Gilligan is a pure genius, and Breaking Bad is a work of pure art.

Last edited:

I think I may have definitely jumped the gun here, and I'm now thinking that it must have been Gale that gave Walter that book. It seems very strange the Walter could be so sloppy in this regard, and something I just don't really get or understand. Unless of course he left it there on purpose ? Also, after Gale mentions the Whitman poem to Walter, he goes home and reads the book, he already has it. I think it was Season 3 Episode 6.

Anyway, here is the image of both pieces of evidence. And both seem to be written by the same hand, Gale's. :CONFUSE:

ALpMK.jpg

Last edited:

Hmmmmmmm.......

After browsing other Breaking Bad forums it would seem other people have also had the very same theories I had initially mentioned. And I quote...

"In the "Gray Matter" episode it is revealed that Gretchen's maiden initials are G.B. Black (Gretchen) and White (Walt)make gray and that is apparently how Walt came up with the name for the company. Seems like too much of a coincidence to me. I wonder if Walt will eventually claim that Gretchen was the one who gave him the copy of Leaves of Grass and wrote the inscription. I doubt Hank remembers Gale's handwriting, although the inscription looks too new to appear to be dated back to when Walt was in grad school. Maybe he claims it was arecent present and that opens up a whole new can of worms with Skyler.

I always had a sneaking suspicion that Skyler was somehow involved in Walt's departure from Gray Matter and that was the root of his
suppressed resentment for her. "

Incredible opener to the concluding season. The acting, direction, script, cinematography, musical scores and pace are on a different level to anything. Ever. In my humble opinion.

Pure. Undilited. Genius.

Back
Top Bottom