Boxing Talk!!

Prime example of some biased decisions, during the build up to the fight it showed something, which imo is terrible:

Polo was walking near the ropes and slipped on a TOWEL, and the referee said it was a knockdown?..lol.

The guy has went the distance 4 times in title fights only to lose by split decision 4 times, and I wonder if the previous 3 were the same as the 4th..

Its obvious they would rather have the belt around someone like Scott Harrison than some guy from Columbia who is about 34.

Oh and not to forget the Tyson vs Williams fight, that itself was unbelievable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I was hoping Harrison would win, but he lost it by at least a couple of rounds.

Not a very good decision at all, but this happens all the time. Looking forward to Gatti fighting on Friday Night, presume it's not live.

FD

Anyone catch the Anthony "the man" Mundine fight last night? What a fast it was.

Anthony Mundine suffered the first cut of his boxing career before ending Darmel Castillo's hasty visit to Australia with a controversial fourth round knockout on the Gold Coast.

The 18th knockout of Mundine's career came with a flurry of punches thrown at Panama's Castillo, who argued he had been hit on the way down and wanted to fight on.

"If he'd got up I would have finished him anyway," said Mundine.

"I didn't know if he was on one knee. It was instinct. I'm not a dirty fighter."

A crowd of about 1,500 people also wanted the fight to continue and booed the decision by referee Cyril Cairns to rule the bout over.

Mundine suffered a cut to his left eyebrow during the third round.

"It's the first of my career. He got me with an upper cut. It just grazed me. He caught me as I was ducking down."

NSW boxing officials had refused to sanction the bout because of fears for the safety of the unheralded Castillo, forcing the event to be switched to Queensland.

Mundine selected Castillo when Manny Siaca, who took the world title from the former rugby league player last year, withdrew from a planned re-match with a hand injury.

The world No.253 showed courage but failed to land any solid shots on Mundine, who rattled the visitor from the opening bell.

"He came to fight. He gave it all, gave it his best," said Mundine.

Castillo went to the canvas 2 minutes and 38 seconds into the fourth round.

Mundine - whose record improves to 23 wins and two losses - hopes to fight for a world title against WBA super middle weight champion Mikkel Kessler of Denmark

Kessler will be too much for Mundine, should be a good fight though.

Looks like Brodie Vs Harrison is going ahead bad fight for Harrsion if you ask me,Brodie would be a backward step although it will be a great fight. Did anyone see cotto over the weekend! this guy is the buisness!

Yep, although to be honest he was lucky to win in the end. The guy had him on toast with that punch, but just seemed to get over-excited and then ended up in a grapple.

Came back well to win though.

Looking forward to the next couple of weeks, especially Morales vs Pacquaio (sp?) and then Calzaghe being back in the ring.

FD

The morales vs paqman should be a great fight the way all the old guard are dropping like flies youve got to fancy the pacman, you got to feel for calzaghe though how come eastman can get a fight against Hopkins but yet joe has been waiting ages for his big chance, Warrens fault i guess?

Most probably mate, I was always hoping to see him up against Roy Jones Jnr.

Should be a great fight as you mentioned, think Paqman (think that's easier :lol: ) is the favourite, however I love watching Morales, favourite boxer for me. Involved in so many wars, although I think he's like Holyfield with these epic fights and probably will be finished before he really should be.

FD

You guys watched the first two eps of the NBC series 'The Contender'? I'm not into boxing but I found it pretty good actually! Good editing, emotional, nicely done.

Did see something advertising that on ITV2, Sylvester Stallone is a trainer or something? Mind you, wasn't the intention of watching it. :roll:

FD

Yeah saw it in the paper today, rather pissed off myself. Was looking forward to it. Because of the 60 day rule with it clashing with the Marco Veit fight on May 7.

Morales and Pacquaio fight tomorrow, although I won't see it delayed until next Friday, so I'll stay away from the result and watch it then.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Morales and Pacquaio fight tomorrow, although I won't see it delayed until next Friday, so I'll stay away from the result and watch it then.
Now thats going to be tough to manage with a fight of that scale!

hey FD did you catch the fight yet? It certainly lived up to my expectations, that first round was great, Didnt think the cut on Pacquaio's eye afected the match that much like he said. Morales was a desrved winner but i thought here we go in last!

Yep, great fight. Managed to avoid any news on the fight, so didn't know the result. Morales is my favourite boxer at the moment, his fights are always great. Did think he won with a few points to spare, certainly wasn't as easy as some people I've heard say it was. Both brilliant fighters and certainly put on a show.

FD

Whats going on wif the Kosta Tzyu fight? It's on at 2 in the bloomin morning Manchester time, to appease the yanks and aussies. Its a downright disgrace to host a boxing fight at 2 in the morning the fighters will be all sleepy eyed and who in their right mind is going to attend a fight at that time, everyone will be plastered or off chops.

Boxing is a joke, bring back Tyson!

Hatton has to start selling himself to the American Public, as that's where he's going to make his money.

I like Ricky Hatton, but think this guy will be too good for him.

Couple of good British fights coming up soon, with Harrison fighting Brodie and Arthur fighting Docherty.

FD

Im going to the Hatton fight and there is no way it will be a sleepy crowd! i think if he win though all his fights will be in America from now on!

Theres no way he will win. Tszyu will knock the punk out within the first 5 rounds.

I'm not sure who I want to win, of course being English I'm supposed to be biased in favour of Hatton but from what I've seen/heard of Tszyu he's a really top bloke so I don't automatically want him to lose either :)

Well I used to train at the same Gym as Hatton in my unsucsesfull Amature days so im with hatton all the way, Plus hes a city fan! Tszyu is a classy fighter but im sure hes never been up with anyone who fight like hatton!

jamie_mack said:
Tszyu is a classy fighter but im sure hes never been up with anyone who fight like hatton!

Hatton is a classy fighter but we all know he's never been up with anyone who fights like Tszyu ! ;)

Don't get me wrong if Hatton wins I'll be stoked cos he will have deserved it, but if Hatton is as good as he's supposed to be I want to see him tested and rising to the challenge of a true world class fighter :)

Totally agree this calibur of opponent been long overdue for hatton. As for my comment I dint mean it like that Placebo, i meant it as in i dont think Tszyu has faced a boxer in the same style as Hatton!

Its a disgrace that Tszyu is holding his title fight in the UK in should have been held down under or atleast in the US. Tszyu will make mince of hatton

Arthur looked very convicing in the end against Docherty and put him down for the first time.

Some good fights coming up too. :)

FD

yeah Arthur deserved it all the way! very good performance! Hes like a different boxer since Gomez could go on to big things!

I think he's a bit mouthy though. Although he says Gomez isn't big enough for him now, I still think he need's to bury that one personally, although he might see going for a title as a better option, until he can make a return fight. Quite liked the way Gomez and Arthur had a little bitch at each other after the fight. :lol:

FD

Marco Antonio Barrera v Mzonke Fana Sky sports 1 tonight, never heard of Fana but Barrera is always good to watch

Great knockout from Barrera. Some good fights where on. Think he needs to go up against Pac-man again.

Good summer of boxing coming up. :)

FD

Back
Top Bottom