Boxing Talk!!

Yeah I heard this on talksport, seems they're quite fired up for it. :mrgreen:

Oh and guys behave, I am the best PES/WE player around.........now go lie down. :mrgreen:

FD

Nice average fight there with Harrison, but David Haye is on Wednesday night on BBC, now you'll see who I mean :)

(please don't let that curse him into a terrible defeat)

anybody got the results of the big bouts in america tonight, looked on sky and there not covering them so any info would be great!

did anyone watch Audley "A Farce" Harrison vs Julius Francis??

what a pile of dog shit

what a great fight Pacquiao vs Marquez how marquez recovered from the first round ill never no! id say marquez was unlucky not to get the decision! the big story is one of the judges marked the first round wrong he marked it 10-7 when it should of been 10-6 :shock: and if that had stood pacman would be the champ! Yet another balls up in vegas :roll:

jamie_mack said:
what a great fight Pacquiao vs Marquez how marquez recovered from the first round ill never no! id say marquez was unlucky not to get the decision! the big story is one of the judges marked the first round wrong he marked it 10-7 when it should of been 10-6 :shock: and if that had stood pacman would be the champ! Yet another balls up in vegas :roll:

I'ma hge Pac-man fan, and I had to run out for a poker game with 3 rounds left, so I didnt know the result till right now. ( i was gonna wait for the replay tonight, but couldnt keep myself in suspense.

Unbe-fuckin-lievable fight!! I thought it was over in the first with Marques getting blasted to the canvas 3 times and getting his nose broken. What a tough SOB he proved to be. Mad props to his heart.

so far, Fight of the Year. Easily.

without any doubt ghazi, and the best thing is a rematch looks very likely :D i didnt no until today that Pacquiao had moved up to this division! and he still hits like that! Couto fight was quite dull reminded me of a heavy weight fight! :( i was still impressed by couto though!

Yeah good fights, although both the British fights where appalling. Lynes got a shocking decision over Sarmiento because he was the home boy and Audley Harrison almost had me sleeping after a win over Francis, who I didn't even know he was fighting as a stand-in for Popov. Look forward to seeing Hayes on Wednesday.

The American fights where great, tbh I didn't see the very start of the Pacquaio vs Marquez fight, but sounds like he was robbed, probably the 1st round went too much to the judges heads. As for the Cotto fight, it wasn't much to look at, he's a hard target to hit and both fighters took some good hits, Ndou was very attack minded in the fight, but Cotto's defence is very good. Thought he won it by 4 points or so. Ndou done excellent seeing as he was a late replacement and didn't have anywhere to train for the fight.

FD

David Haye very very impressed did you see some of them combinations and that upercut class! and now hes talking the talk! dont know about world champ by the end of the year unless its a naff belt but he will be on day no doubt!

Anyone can look good when there's nothing coming back, I'd like to see him get hit more, see how he copes. I know the art of the game is to hit and not be hit, but with an opponent who doesn't throw anything, it defeats the object.

yeah that Cuban - i think he was cuban - didnt even try and touch Haye, he cam for the pay-packet. . . and did ya see the shape he was in? my nans in better shape than that!!!

I TOLD you Tarver would win it, that's twice in my eyes he's won that match ;)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Roy got knocked out because of our sins. That is the only way I can explain it. :l

Props to Tarver - i seen him fight in person a couple of times and he has been a completely different fighter under the brilliant Buddy Mcgirt, who also transformed Arturo Gatti into a boxer.

I missed the fight cuz I was at a wedding, but I almost cried when i heard it. I'll see the replay - alone, naked and crying - when HBO re-airs it this weekend.

Until then, pray for me. Pray for boxing.

And pray for Tarver, cuz he will die in the rematch. :x

I read in the AP article that Roy wants no more of Tarver.
Can't say I blame him after that shot.
He hit Roy like Roy owed him $$.

do think big roy will retire? or will he try to finish on a high note, it wouldnt be good to see one of the greatest boxers of our time finish on a loss! this is now very much like the de la hoya situation!

Just watched the fight, jones didn't see the punch coming.

Jones moved his head to the left as tarver stuck both fist in his chevy and got caught plum on the jaw.

When you saw him with the doctor checking his eyes with the flashlight, he mouthed something like he is getting old.

He obviously isnt interested in a rematch. I reckon his time has come.

Nice one tarver

Oh missed that totally. Seems his day's are over now. Light-heavyweight title lost then, tbh I didn't know who Tarver was. I felt that Jones would finally succumb to a big puncher (not sure if he is though) as I felt he shouldn't have kept going up in weights.

About Haye he looked very impressive, although King Arthur wasn't upto much, although at around 40 you can't say too much. See Froch is fighting at the start of next month, how embarrasing is the adverts for him...............The Cobra. :roll: :oops: Also noticed Audley is fighting, something like 9th June and also Barrera returns next month too also on BBC. Quite a good line-up. :D

Looking forward to Harrison fighting in a couple of weeks.

FD

12th Man said:
I read in the AP article that Roy wants no more of Tarver.
Can't say I blame him after that shot.
He hit Roy like Roy owed him $$.

haha. For a first post, that is hell of a start!! Welcome aboard the evoweb train.

I still havent seen it but it will be on HBO this weekend and then I will cry again.

I dont think Roy should retire at all. Just a year ago nobody mentioned the R word when he dismantled the awkward and ugly John Ruiz. Now I know Ruiz is a boring ass heavyweight, but he did beat Holyfield 2 times (and drew once), he beat Hasim Rahman, and Kirk Johnson. But Roy solved his unorthodox style and pimpslapped him.

all indications seem to be that this Tarver punch was one of the most perfect left hooks of memory in boxing. Its been compared to Frazier's on Ali, and Sugar Ray Robinson's on Gene Fullmer.

Other than this punch, I havent seen Roy take many solid punches becuase he usually sees everything so well. And how many times have you seen him in trouble???

I am gonna hold off on retirement talk until I see more indications of a general depletion of skills. But I do agree that Roy should not do anything but prepare for a rematch with Tarver.

I highly doubt Roy is going to retire because of 1 lucky punch.
If anything it will make him refocus and be more dangerous than ever.
1 thing Roy is not is a quitter.
We are after all talking about one of the best if not THE best fighter of out generation.

For me no-one will beat the young Iron Mike Tyson. He was the best fighter I've ever saw, just pure raw strength, until his mind got fucked up.

FD

12th Man said:
I highly doubt Roy is going to retire because of 1 lucky punch.
If anything it will make him refocus and be more dangerous than ever.
1 thing Roy is not is a quitter.
We are after all talking about one of the best if not THE best fighter of out generation.

Damn, homez - you're second post was even better than your first. I agree 100%.

I paid $100 a few years ago and got to see Jones-Hall from the 10th row. Bernard Hopkins was on the undercard too. The man is from another planet.

Now everyone is saying Mayweahter is the pound-4-pound king.
Gimmie a break!!

He's rather good though, don't you think?

Good performance after a couple of shaky rounds where he was dazed. I think this is the problem with fighters moving up, there'll always be the big punchers who can give these guys the 'Lights Out' mode. Not sure how he'll go when in with the real big punchers. Their speed is their main asset.

In Britain Gomez disposed of his opponent easily, not a great fight tbh.

FD

Mayweather is a talent for sure, but I have always been critical of him. . . maybe cuz the way he dissed his dad. Li'l punk. I think he is set to fight Arturo Gatti next, which should be a great fight.

Finally saw the Tarver-Jones replay. I cant believe that so many people were saying that Jones is finished after that fight. Jones was dicatating it and Tarver didnt do shit but land 2 jabs in the first round, before landing a spectacular counterpunch.

Other than that, what did he show that makes anyone think he is better than Jones???

For the record I have been a big Tarver fan since the Olympics.

Back
Top Bottom