Borussia Dortmund Thread

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
Guys hope you don´t mind me starting a thread for a club that deserves it for creating something out of nothing in few years and currently playes one of best football i saw in years... Borrussia Dortmund. The club has one of the most exciting players and coach, not to mention for me personally best fans in Europe.

let this thread start with emotional letter to Gotze from a fan:

Dear Mario,

When Jan Aage Fjortoft tweeted on the night of April 22 that Bild was going to break a major transfer story at midnight, I had an uneasy feeling which I couldn't quite explain to myself. A few minutes later came the shock: Mario Gotze was going to Bayern.

After staring at my monitor in disbelief for a few seconds, I was overwhelmed by a sense of emptiness. It was just a rumour at the time but we all knew there had to be some truth to it. Then the confirmation from Dortmund arrived the next morning.

At first, I just felt unbelievably disappointed. That you, my beloved Mario, had fled to our main rivals just seemed inexplicable to me. Ever since you celebrated a goal with Dede's shirt, I truly believed that you identified fully with our club.

On the other had, I have to admit that I wasn't that surprised. I had always known that you were longing for greatness, which could make you abandon values like loyalty or allegiance.

Many Dortmund fans regard your decision as a betrayal but it's just the logical consequence of your ambition. Bayern have reached three of the last four Champions League finals and are set to become one of Europe's best sides for years to come.

That, coupled with the appeal of working with a world-class coach like Pep Guardiola, means it's understandable that you have decided against a move abroad and taken the controversial path towards the Allianz Arena. I am also sure the temptation of a €10 million annual salary made quite an impression on you.

I usually follow the fortunes of former Dortmund players and I even occasionally enjoy it when they score against us. This will prove a tad difficult in your case

So, looking at all the facts, there is no reason for thousands of BVB fans to be so brokenhearted.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Football is ruled by emotions - more so than any other sport - and people from the Ruhr tend to develop particularly strong feelings for their clubs, which sometimes reaches worrying levels.

This Dortmund team have always given the impression that the ordinary rules of football do not apply to them. It felt like a group of friends pursuing a dream together, with money and glamour coming second to them.

People can point to the exits of Shinji Kagawa and Nuri Sahin, but the former left Signal Iduna Park to pursue a dream, the latter departed in completely different circumstances.

Your decision felt different because you emerged from Dortmund's youth academy. As your team-mate Mats Hummels pointed out, the Germany players at BVB shared the aim of taking the club to the next level.

Titles and trophies weren't that important to Hummels since he wanted to be involved in something special. So the move to an established power like Bayern has never tempted him. This doesn't seem to be the case for you, but I cannot hold that against you as everybody is different.

Your youth combined with the influence of your agent and your Bavarian roots will have been the most influential factors.

And yet, I cannot deny a feeling of disappointness. Dortmund's last three seasons can confidently be described as fairytale-like but the departure of one of our homegrown talents has taken the gloss off the story.

I can imagine that many BVB fans feel like they have woken up from a beautiful dream. What makes me particularly sad is your lack of remorse towards your current fans.

You knew that a move abroad would have had a different effect but you have robbed yourself of the farewell you deserve. After the last home game of the season, only Patrick Owomoyela said his goodbyes - a wise decision by the club, considering the current mood.

You owe Dortmund a lot but the club also owes you a debt of gratitude.

And so all that remains for me is to thank you for these three amazing years. It was a pleasure to watch you play football at the most beautiful stadium in the world. You were one of the defining figures of my time as a fan.

When you don a Bayern jersey next season, it will feel wrong and I will look on with misery as you continue to mesmerise the Bundesliga.

Unlike other supporters, I won't join the chorus of whistles that undoubtedly await you when you return to Dortmund. I know that you made an understandable decision for a 20-year-old with very little experience of life.

I had hoped that you would be fit in time to feature against Bayern at Wembley on Saturday so that we could have shared one last wonderful moment together. Who knows how much a winning goal would have made up for your decision?

However, I wish happiness for you and your family in Munich. I usually follow the fortunes of former Dortmund players and I even occasionally enjoy it when they score against us. This will prove a tad difficult in your case.

Thanks for the effort, PIPA!
Dortmund really deserves a thread on here, even if German fans are rather scarcely scattered around these forums.

I like the letter; it's a good inside into the feelings of a real emotional, yet always rational fan - Goetze's transfer sure isn't any reason for BVB fans to be happy, but the reaction of some (insulting his family, facebook "terrorism", burning jerseys and so on ...) is just completely outlandish.

I'm glad to see a thread about Borussia here :)

I'm a Dortmund supporter for over 20years right now, have seen more than 30 matches this season. Believe me guys, the last three years are the best I've ever had as a supporter of Borussia :)

I'm supporting Borussia Dortmund on Saturday, hoping they win the Final, it would be a fairy-tale ending for Jurgen Klopp's team.

But I feel Bayern deserve to win this year, they have been unstoppable at times and given that they have lost 2 finals recently, I think they deserve a win now.

Hope it's a thrilling match with lots of goals.

Picked up some rumors that Gotze will not be playing for Dortmund on Saturday?
I'd think it is because he is being a massive tool in handling this whole transfer thing rather than some physical reason.

He's sustained an injury in the match against Real which he still suffers from. That's the official story. If you want to twist it into a conspiracy, fine. But I'll go rational about this and believe the med-reports.
Personally, my gut tells me Goetze would never sit out on a final if he could somehow get fit for it. Given the huge outrage after his transfer was made official just before the Real match, it would've been kinda understandable if he sat out on THAT one, if you ask me. But this 20 year old boy did play nonetheless, played well and ended up being a vital asset to the team (as always).

Götze could do a John Terry with either club...if he takes two kids with him, he is a sure winner of the CL.

PS: this is just a joke...it would be rather tasteless if Dortmund would loose.

I'm looking forward for tonight's match , I'm hoping Dortmund gonna win CL . I know it's really hard but it's not impossible !

He's sustained an injury in the match against Real which he still suffers from. That's the official story. If you want to twist it into a conspiracy, fine. But I'll go rational about this and believe the med-reports.
Personally, my gut tells me Goetze would never sit out on a final if he could somehow get fit for it. Given the huge outrage after his transfer was made official just before the Real match, it would've been kinda understandable if he sat out on THAT one, if you ask me. But this 20 year old boy did play nonetheless, played well and ended up being a vital asset to the team (as always).

It's perfectly rational to think that he is going to miss the game for reasons other than an injury.

It's a lose-lose situation for him despite it being the CL final.

I'm excited to see how BVB will kick on next season without Goetze and possibly Lewandowski leaving as well.

It will certainly be harder for them to achieve the same heights of the past few seasons without them, but Klopp is a fantastic manager and the players play as a unit rather than relying on individuals to a large extent. Next season will be interesting, promising and probably very exciting again for Dortmund fans.

One of my favourite teams to watch of recent times and I shall be following them closely come the start of the new season.

Fantastic team - Dortmund....how they managed to reach the final and they made Bayern look ordinary in that first half....all done with no superstars.

Sad thing is that Lewa is also leaving, so it's a big blow to this club.
Jurgen Klopp is a super coach, fantastic motivator and man-manager,
great tactics, amazing !!!

Injuries...

BM seems to be a lost cause to catch up but I think we got a fair chance on 2nd place. As long as we at least get 3rd place I'm happy to be honest. Once we get back injured players and aren't totally unlucky in that departement in the second part of the season, I think 2nd place is more or less secure as Leverkusen will drop points here and there.

Everybody knew really. The bitterness was never there this time, I used it all on the Götze transfer. Now I'm just amazed how one club singlehandedly manages to tear down what the other teams has tried to do with the Bundesliga. It's nothing less than pathetic. They could literally shop all over the world but turn their nose to Dortmund every fucking time. Pathetic...

The only remaining question is who we will develop for them next...

Yes they did, but the league is now a one team league. It doesn't even have a duopoly anymore which was SLIGHTLY better. And they buy from the one team competing with them. I sort of get why players go to Bayern, winning everything and all that. But why not win with Dortmund? Or somewhere else?
Aren't Bayern already running away with the title? And what about next year? It'll be title after title after title. The "race" will be for second and to not be relegated.

The ref literally gave two goals Zenit the other night. The ref, William Collum, can blame his linesman for the first mistake. The first goal was offside in the middle of the tumble. The second was never a penalty. The defender was standing still and got the attacker smack in his face, a free kick to BVB if anything.

Is it true that Reus has a 25m clause at the end of this season, and that Bayern will buy him?
Who writes those contracts for Borussia??

The first part is true, the second likely, but not set in stone yet.
And smart business-men write these contracts, because the reality of it is that, hadn't it been for clauses like that, Borussia Dortmund would have had no chance to sign Reus in the first place, or extend Mario Goetze's contract, for that matter.
The lower these sums seem to be, the more likely a move elsewhere was earlier, I guess.

According to Dortmund's officials, Reus is the only player on the team still equipped with such a clause and they don't plan on ever returning to this policy in the future.

They could literally shop all over the world but turn their nose to Dortmund every fucking time. Pathetic...

The only remaining question is who we will develop for them next...

Dortmund, Leverkusen, Werder Bremen and back in the days M'Gladbach et cetera. Nothing new in Munich trying to drain out there closest rivals. And actually it worked quite well and at some point better then there own scouting, at least back in the 90s - Valencia anyone? - so it is legit and for every stumbling rival a other team rose.

Not a red card tackle. Defender aimed at the ball, but that little touch by Reus made the ball move just a bit. Bad luck, no intention of the defender. Shit happens.

Back
Top Bottom