• I download all the movies I ever need

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • TV supplier and On Demand movies do me

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Blu Ray/HD-DVD war

tobi, a bit harsh your comment.

It seems unlikely either side will give up in the near future.
HD-DVD standalone hardware sales are very good compared Blu-Ray standalones currently I think.

Heroes on HD-DVD this summer, can't wait!

it might sound a bit harsh but when you're losing this format war is saying that there is room for both formats really the best thing to say. why say that if you truly believe that you have the tools to turn things around in your favour.

Optimum Announces Blu-ray Support

Optimum Home Entertainment has announced that they will be releasing 'Wolf Creek', 'Pan's Labyrinth', and 'The Host' for Blu-ray on November 12th in the UK. Previously, Optimum only supported HD DVD, but with their recent Blu-ray announcements, it's clear that they recognize the markets are turning in Blu-ray's favor. No specs were announced at this time.

An interesting side note: Optimum is owned by StudioCanal, who releases on HD DVD in Europe. Could they be next to turn?

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=358

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lost: Season 3 and Sopranos Season 6 Part II on Blu-ray

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=362
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=366

MMm... yeah! Unless MS can pull out something special.

HD-DVD may lose, but Blu-Ray is still far from victory.

Yopeee! FINALLLY! I have wanted Superman in HD for ages (getting bored of the HD-TV rips :p)

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 along with Pulp Fiction are getting released on Blu Ray in September.

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 along with Pulp Fiction are getting released on Blu Ray in September.

I know this aint the time or the place, but I really think Tarantino is overrated..............

As for the format wars, they will soon not matter either, it'll all be about Digital Distribution, or whichever Supermarkets start to sell first.

I think he is an excellent director and writer and he has definately influenced me and the way I write my scripts and how I setup my camera shots.

Robert Rodriguez also is amazing he is my favorite.

Maybe we should make a thread about favorite directors?

I know this aint the time or the place, but I really think Tarantino is overrated..............

As for the format wars, they will soon not matter either, it'll all be about Digital Distribution, or whichever Supermarkets start to sell first.

True, I can see Sky, Virgin and Sony PlayStation being the only way to get new movies in the future, via download.

What about PC/Mac?

I just wanna say that I use my PS3 mostly for watching Blu-ray at the mo as I never fail to be amazed at the picture quality. And the PS3 games are a bit sparse at the moment so I'll stick to PES6 and Motorstorm until PES2008 gets released. Life is good!

Paramount Drops Blu-ray Support; Does Not Include Spielberg Movies

Despite selling more movies on the Blu-ray format, Paramount has announced today that they will begin supporting HD DVD exclusively. This move, rumored to be driven by a $150M exclusivity deal with the HD DVD group, comes after Paramount began favoring Blu-ray releases with higher quality video encodings and more HD features. The deal covers all of Paramount's properties excluding those directed by Steven Spielberg.

The move will inevitably lengthen a format war which should never have been. Consumers will unfortunately suffer the most, as they will be forced to support a format which is being supported by corporations instead of consumers. No word was given as to how long the exclusivity agreement is for, but rumors indicate through 2008.

High definition enthusiasts can now only hope that a DVD-A/SACD situation hasn't been initiated by this decision.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=412

WTF ??

Blu Ray still has the advantage in IMO but no doubt this news has certainly weakened that advantage. The quote that they gave about Shrek 3 is total BS. ](*,)

TRANSFORMERS on bloody DVD this xmas then, worst case scenario I'll watch it and Megan Fox upscaled to 1080p.

At least Mr Spielberg isn't included in this deal.

Last edited:

MGM (007 n co) is Blu Ray only.

WB are definately staying neutral, they went as far as to make a new HD disc.

The world awaits the response of the Blu Ray camp.

not so hard for BluRay, because the HD-DVD group buy this exclusivité for this year (4 months) for 150M$

TG its for the whole of 2008 also.

I want Disney to announce tomorrow that The Incredibles is due for release before xmas this year.

I want Disney to announce tomorrow that The Incredibles is due for release before xmas this year.

2007 :
- Pirates of Caraibians 3 (november)
- Cars (december)

2008 :
- Ratatouille (february)
- Narnia (Spring)
- Benjamin Gates (summer)
- Nemo (Autumn)
- Sleeping beauty (Autumn)

maybe a surprise for The Incredibles

Back
Top Bottom