1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Blatter Wants to Cut 20-Team Leagues!

Discussion in 'Football' started by Milanista, 8 June 2006.

1. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    I dont want this to happen at all. I'm much happier with Serie A with 20 teams than 18 teams as it gave us 4 more games to watch in the season. Changing league systems just for 4 extra international days is bullshit in my opinion.

2. scratch-br

scratch-br Mr. Scratcher

14 December 2004
    Montpellier
    I prefer 18 teams.

3. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    me too, and if Blatter can delete League cup too ;)
    Milanista think about the players health

more games kill the football

4. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    When is Blatter's reign as the big boss gonna end? :confused:

I'm more excited about that than world cup! :mrgreen:

5. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice
    All of those cut teams can play here then. :mrgreen: We have 10 teams in our first league over here. :roll:

6. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    Blatter is an idiot, why cut 20 teams leagues when FIFA organizes a totally useless Confederations Cup...
    Club football is better than international football...every decent club team can beat the world champions...

7. Rentalkid

Rentalkid Premiership

5 August 2003
    Germany
    Well, the Bundesliga always had 18 teams, so I do not really care about "oversizing" in other countries...two teams more or less do not really matter anyways.

8. SPiTFiRE

SPiTFiRE Eus├ębio forever

6 April 2004
    SL Benfica
    I think 16 club teams per league is fair.

9. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    I think 4 teams is fair. Then everyone gets a place in Europe.

10. Ernestito

Ernestito Q7

1 May 2003
    Berlin
    Besiktas
    well, especially in the summer break i feel bad because we have no football.(except this year)

i need football every day, every weekend.

football is my life, so why cut 20-team leagues?

blatter, please go home.

11. Rentalkid

Rentalkid Premiership

5 August 2003
    Germany
    and gets relegated?! :P

12. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    :lol:

13. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    well I think there are too many games. The leagues cup shouldn't exist. I'm fine with 20 teams as long as the quality of the league is high.

14. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

The sooner the better, he is football's AIDS virus. He talks so much fucking shit its unreal.

15. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    So nobody's gonna answer the question?

16. Valmir

Valmir Quality, not quantity

30 October 2005
    Reading, England
    Reading
    Fuck off we've just got promoted, 20 teams if anything is too few teams, in The Championship there are 24 teams :rolleyes:

17. Kalou

Kalou Non-League

8 June 2006
    18 is perfect, be funny seeing 24 teams in the prem, 46 games a season and the international friendlies and cups etc, it's around 60 games a season and imagine doing that in the same year as the Euros or World Cup :D

Games elsewhere need to be cut down, do we need 3 qualifying stages in the CL? teams from Andorra won't qualify so what is the point? have one stage and that's it, rest get flung into the UEFA cup.

At the end of the day it's all about the players, if every team in the prem wants 20 teams then what's the big problem, leagues should decide not some numpty.

18. Gedtillo

Gedtillo Mediocentro defensivo

13 July 2004
    I think that there are too many games nowadays. Players play 60+ games during an entire season, no wonder how there are so many injuries in these last days of the season. Is cutting to 18 teams the perfect solution to this problem? Well, I think it is part of it. I would:

- Cut the leagues to 18 teams.
    - Cut that absurd Confederations' Cup. (Only a small number of players do actually play there).
    - Allow the winner of the National Cup a place in next year's Champion's League. This way we'd compensate the lack of four games during the season with a more interesting Cup, as in many countries -like Spain- it is underrated.

19. Joystick

Joystick Deep like Titanic

10 August 2004
    London
    The Arse
    Agreed absolutely. There are too many league fixtures in one season, plus the cups are little more than pagentry, even in England. If there was a CL spot at stake it would be a lot more interesting.

20. Sedat

Sedat Guest

someone kill blatter!

21. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

Confederations Cup is the biggest waste of space going. Utterly worthless tournament, like who gives a FUCK?! :roll:

22. Fishboy

Fishboy PES6 Devotee :-p

25 March 2005
    Hiding at the Valley
    CAFC
    they should have shelved the confed cup in 2003, after the Foe tradgedy.
    :( The world club thingy should go too, complete joke of a tournament.

Blatter off Sepp...

23. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Never knew this: