Bioshock, The real next gen begins here.

Professional_Wrestler_Big_Daddy.png

Wow. This has to officially be the best game ever now, surely (everyone has their own opinion I know but I mean generally).

I hated SM64...

Haha, this is so weird. I hated SM64, I hated Half-Life, I didn't really like Halo, but I'm loving Bioshock. I'm finally developing taste. :D

BioShock currently has a 98.9% average rating on Gamerankings.

Could this overtake Ocarina of Time (97.7%) as arguably the greatest game ever made? (according to Gamerankings)

Last edited:
oxm uk: 10/10
pc gamer uk: 95/100
pc zone: 96/100
eurogamer: 10/10
gamer.tv: 5/5
game informer: 10/10
ap magazine: 5/5
computers & video games: 9.5/10
gamepro: 10/10
1up: 10/10
xbox world: 94/100
gamespy: 5/5
console and gameworld: 99/100
ign: 9.7/10
gamesradar: 10/10

I would OPM, wasnt so sure about it at first. Was thinking not another fps, and the whole big daddy / little sister didnt do it for me either. But having played the demo im hooked. Its so beautiful to be walking around these rich enviroments and then look out of a leaking window and see a whole city above and below you while fish and whales swim between the towers.

I just hope you can actually walk throughout the city and have a sense of doing that (as opposed to walking through corridors/rooms and not "getting" where you are), with hopefully a lot of different settings within it.

10/10

Pros
+ Amazing production values all around.
+ Story is great. Tons of twists and turns.
+ This game is art.
+ The world is fully realized, and the story of its citizens are told through the environment itself. In fact, I can't really think of another game that did this. Truly amazing.
+ RPG elements are very welcome. They work wonderfully, and really add a lot of depth to the game.
+ Nice and long. I know I beat it in two days, but I'm an obsessive freak. You're talking to the guy who bought MGs3 on launch day, came home, and beat it straight through without breaks (20hrs or so).
+ Big Daddies.
+ Little Sisters.
+ Basically everything not on the Cons list.

Cons
- Enemies respawn way too quickly in the beginning of the game. Oftentimes stepping out of a room you just cleared, then walking back in 5 seconds later it'll already be repopulated.
- Tons and tons of backtracking through areas.
- Zero unlockables as far as I can tell. After the ending, it takes you straight back to the title screen.

Noted, have you not seen what the rest of us have been saying? :| Nobody has paid anybody anything, the game was unheard of until word of mouth spread it like wildfire...

The crapness of claiming something is the highest rated game of all time is plain pathetic. OMG Gamerankings has it at 98% - WIN! Seriously, I am pleased for the devs it is well recieved but stop stating that EVERYONE has to like the game.

But LJ, the general consensus of opinion is that it's excellent, the people who don't like the game are few and far between, that's a fact. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I've hated most "amazing" games as I've said over the course of the thread, but statistically it's looking like it is going to be the most popular game to date.

And I don't like the way you're saying the developers say "everyone has to like the game". They have nothing to do with all of the review sites giving it 10/10, nor with Gamerankings, nor with anything but the quality of the game. It's a bit of a shame that you can't let them have their moment, they deserve all the credit they're getting for it.

Back
Top Bottom