Bioshock, The real next gen begins here.

I tried the demo. As most people have said the GFX are fuckin awesome! this is a proper next gen game graphics wise! I was impressed! I may just have to buy this.

Switched from pre-ordering the faceplate version to the Big Daddy figure version... An extra £10 but then there are two bonus discs as well, and it is one of the best games I've played.

Switched from pre-ordering the faceplate version to the Big Daddy figure version... An extra £10 but then there are two bonus discs as well, and it is one of the best games I've played.

If I search for Bioshock it only displays 1 result (the one with the free faceplate). Have you got a direct link for the Big Daddy bundle please?

yes this game is easily the game of the year.

ONLY other game i see maybe beating it is either drakes avdenture 9of whch i don't have aps3 so i am unbiased and can recognize good when i see it) or maybe super mario galaxy or metriod. but to be honest Bioshock is just perfect

All the idiot fanboys will still vote for Halo 3 especially as they dont even know what a real FPS is like.

Exactly. But I love being a conaisser... :)

I'm not even reading the reviews, stopped watching movies or pics of the game, I wanna enjoy it all by myself when I finally get it.

Last edited:
All the idiot fanboys will still vote for Halo 3 especially as they dont even know what a real FPS is like.

I'm sure Halo is good enough to warrant the hoard of fans it has but I can't immerse myself in its gameplay. I much prefer Half Life, Bioshock, et al.

Your statement could be interpreted as you being a fanboy and hating Halo for the sake of another game. I am not saying that is the case, just the way you could read into your post.

At the end of the day who fucking cares what is game of the year, it is all subjective to personal taste. If one person thinks Bioshock is GOTY then great, if another thinks it is Mario Party 8 then that is equally fine. There is no right or wrong in this discussion.

The more diverse our opinions are the better. Otherwise we would all be here typing "I agree" in every post.

Bioshock's attention to detail is far more gripping than Halo's vastness.

See this is where opinions differ, which is good. Halo has both the traditional corridor elements to an FPS, as well as the wide open areas to explore. That to me is a far better gaming experience.

Not sure whether to get this. I cant be bothered to finish FEAR as the settings are so boring for me. Constantly walking through gery offices or roofsettings doesnt do anything for me.

I loved HF2 though (cant wait for the orange box so i can play ep1&2), so does this seem more like that? Just feel it will be a lot of corridors without much open/large spaces, although the settings are a hell of a lot more impressive then FEAR's.

Guess i should just go out and buy the 20gb hdd and download the demo.......

It's ALOT like Half Life 2, but it seems the next step up from it.

Trust me, the locations are the opposite of boring, every square inch of the game seems to have had love poured into it, every room is full of detail, humor and things to search.

I'm ashamed to admit that, from the few days I played Half-Life 2, I hated it. Just the same as everything else (man v aliens) with gimmicks thrown in, to me.

But I don't know a single person (apart from LemonJelly and my nephew who "can't cope" with first-person games, the poof) who doesn't love Bioshock.

Agree Jack i didnt like Half Life 2 either wasnt that gripped by it.

2K games seem to be putting out some quality games The Darkness which thought was quality and now Bioshock. One things for sure i will be certainly looking out for some more 2k games in future. :)

I have no interest in Halo not played the first one yet so Halo 3 im not at all fussed with. I think Call of Duty 4 going to be a big runner for game of year aswell as other titles. :)

Last edited:
Regarding the HF2 alien stuff, agree. I cant stand these human vs aliens, and the "bugs" in hf2 i thought were annoying. However the people you were mostly fighting were the sentinals (soldiers) which i really enjoyed. Also the big 3 legged tripods i thought was realyl cool, as i did in "war of the worlds".

Not interested in halo either, played some of the first game but just didnt get it / into it.

Just went out and got the 20gb hdd, hopefully it wont get reduced in price anytime soon. So far ive got 7% downloaded(bioshock) in 10min. Guess thats not bad ;) EDIT, its gone up to 9% in the couple of minutes ive been writing this.

Does anyone know how i can move my forza gamesave? Ive managed to move the rest from the mmc to the hdd but forza wont allow me. Which is annoying as it means i cant take any pictures.

I think if anyone says they have a 360 and isn't going to buy Bioshock, you have to ask...

WHY THE HELL DID YOU SPEND ALL THAT MONEY!?!?!

As embrace said in the first post, the REAL next-gen begins here!

Regarding the HF2 alien stuff, agree. I cant stand these human vs aliens, and the "bugs" in hf2 i thought were annoying. However the people you were mostly fighting were the sentinals (soldiers) which i really enjoyed. Also the big 3 legged tripods i thought was realyl cool, as i did in "war of the worlds".

Not interested in halo either, played some of the first game but just didnt get it / into it.

Just went out and got the 20gb hdd, hopefully it wont get reduced in price anytime soon. So far ive got 7% downloaded(bioshock) in 10min. Guess thats not bad ;) EDIT, its gone up to 9% in the couple of minutes ive been writing this.

Does anyone know how i can move my forza gamesave? Ive managed to move the rest from the mmc to the hdd but forza wont allow me. Which is annoying as it means i cant take any pictures.

Dont think there a way on some games it dosnt allow you to move them over.

I beleive you can with X-Sata though but there like £30. :)

Actually it doesnt matter. Just had a race in forza and i can do the other stuff and save it on the hdd as far as i can tell. Its just the actual careersave that cant move. Although i wont be playing it much anymore anyway as its getting boring now.

I think if anyone says they have a 360 and isn't going to buy Bioshock, you have to ask...

WHY THE HELL DID YOU SPEND ALL THAT MONEY!?!?!

As embrace said in the first post, the REAL next-gen begins here!

Why can't you accept that people have different tastes? You shouldn't judge anyones spending habit on whether they want to play a certain game or not, that is pretty shallow.

I'm not buying the game. I think it is gorgeous, incredibly atmospheric and brilliantly executed - but that doesn't mean I will get any enjoyment from playing it. I havea bsolutely 100% respect for the game, I am not dissing it in any way what-so-ever.

I have to have fun when playing a game and for one reason or another I didn't particularly enjoy playing the demo. I'm not buying it just because everyone else is or because it looks beautiful, it needs to be more than that for me to spend my money on.

Well up until now 360 games have just been last-gen games with shinier graphics, if anyone thinks otherwise then they're naive and don't have a clue about what can be doen with next-gen!

Your statement could be interpreted as you being a fanboy and hating Halo for the sake of another game. I am not saying that is the case, just the way you could read into your post.

At the end of the day who fucking cares what is game of the year, it is all subjective to personal taste. If one person thinks Bioshock is GOTY then great, if another thinks it is Mario Party 8 then that is equally fine. There is no right or wrong in this discussion.

The more diverse our opinions are the better. Otherwise we would all be here typing "I agree" in every post.

Never Liked Halo Go from a-b along this corridor as ordered use these weapons that you cant modify.
AI mainly just runs straight waiting to be shot, especially the Flood which is clearly when they ran out of ideas.

I grew up with Intelligent FPS like Half-Life, System Shock and Dues Ex.
All Fps especially now on next gen should be games where you choose your own path and Objectives as you want to do them.

Unfortunately Most Halo Fanboys are either brain dead gamers led by hype or too young to have played anything better and they will always love Halo and ignore Clearly better games like Bioshock etc.

I played through Halo 1 to the end. Not once was there a moment that I stopped to think to myself: "oh that's original" or "oh, that's clever".

Bioshock is the step up from HF2. Maybe only HF3 will surpass it. Crysis may be on par if it delivers on it's promisses.

Edit: the game is "out" for 360, if anyone gets it early, don't write any spoilers here ok? ;)

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Halo 1 in co-op mode, as it worked brilliantly. I wasn't struck on the single-player because it felt too similar to everything else. Then Halo 2 came out and it felt exactly the same. I would bet a large chunk of money that Halo 3 will also feel exactly the same. If you like the story then great, but to me it's the same situation with Halo as it is with the WWII shooters. Man shooting aliens, been there, done it. It has to be something really special to stick out from the rest, and there's nothing interesting in it (in my eyes).

The only game I've ever really enjoyed featuring man versus aliens is Gears Of War, because the gameplay mechanics were excellent (the cover system is great, easy to use and important to the game, and the online play is fantastic because you genuinely panic - if you die, your team is one guy down and it'll be your fault). That was the first game that felt next-gen, and I was amazed by how quickly I finished it (usually I'll spend months over a game, I finished GoW in something like two days).

Never liked Unreal, Quake, Doom, Half-Life, etc etc etc... Would have rather played Battlefield 2/2142 or Rainbow Six etc.

But I still have to buy Halo 3 because everyone else is (not peer pressure or whatever, just the fact that everyone will be playing it and I'll be left out :cry:).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom