Best mercenary (Player who played for most clubs)?

Well, if you're looking for mercenaries then most brazilian players play for at least 10-15 teams during their career. And managers will change teams at least 20 times. :LOL:

Müller played for all 4 big clubs from São Paulo (Corinthians, Palmeiras, São Paulo and Santos). Émerson might become tomorrow the first player to win three consecutive league titles with three different teams.

Jardel played for Sporting as well as Porto and of course Joao Moutinho did same recently but of course those two aren't as big a rival against each other as they are against Benfica each.

Well, if you're looking for mercenaries then most brazilian players play for at least 10-15 teams during their career. And managers will change teams at least 20 times. :LOL:

Müller played for all 4 big clubs from São Paulo (Corinthians, Palmeiras, São Paulo and Santos). Émerson might become tomorrow the first player to win three consecutive league titles with three different teams.

I hope so. :PRAY:

Jardel played for Sporting as well as Porto and of course Joao Moutinho did same recently but of course those two aren't as big a rival against each other as they are against Benfica each.

Do you remember Derlei, Sina?

s340x255

DERLEI_FESTEJO_+Benfica.jpg

derlei.jpg

Pirlo: Inter, Milan and Juve
Raul: Atletico and Real
Kenneth Perez: AZ, Ajax and PSV

Still though. :P

I thought he was an Atletico fan when he was a child.

He was. But he wasn't 'accepted' for Atletico after junior teams, they told him he's not good enough. So he went to Real and everyone knows what happened after! :D

@TSO, I can't believe I forgot Derlei! hahaha! Yes he played for all 3! That's even worse!

And Kenneth Perez is a good example two. Ismael Aissatti played for both PSV and Ajax as well.

Helder Postiga, Quaresma and probably a few others I can't remember right now are also few more that played for Sporting and Porto. I guess the rivalry between those two isn't that intense though. They both hate Benfica a lot more! :D

AZ and Ajax are rivals too. Couple of players went from AZ to Ajax too like:
Perez
Lindenbergh
De Zeeuw
Sigthorsson

Also, a recent one:
Alex McCleish - Birmingham City to Aston Villa

Not direct, but Michael Owen going to United was too.

Gallas is good example, but..i think Pirlo is definetly no mercenary..and neither are players who were sold or labeled as unwanted and that accepted a top club call..

Pirlo was not happy about moving out of AC Milan i imagine...

For me mercenary is for example Ashley Cole for his move to Cheslea from Arsenal, Figo, Adebayor (Arsenal --- City), Nasri...

I wouldn´t call player a mercenary if the move from old team to new team was not his idea but his old team idea ;)

well dont know for players but if we talk for one team Lecce will be good

they have more than 8 players on loan from other teams so we can call Lecce team as team of Mercenary :P

Gallas is good example, but..i think Pirlo is definetly no mercenary..and neither are players who were sold or labeled as unwanted and that accepted a top club call..

Pirlo was not happy about moving out of AC Milan i imagine...

For me mercenary is for example Ashley Cole for his move to Cheslea from Arsenal, Figo, Adebayor (Arsenal --- City), Nasri...

I wouldn´t call player a mercenary if the move from old team to new team was not his idea but his old team idea ;)

He wasn't happy, he cried in the interview when he was about the leave Milan. He didn't leave because he wanted more money or anything like that, he just felt he needed a new challenge.

Biggest mercenary in football history must be DADA MARAVILHA (Brazil`s backup ST in the 1970 WC)

check his resume:
Campo Grande
Flamengo
Sport
Internacional
Ponte Preta
Paysandu
Náutico
Santa Cruz
Bahia
Goiás
Coritiba
Bahia
Atlético Mineiro
Nacional (AM)
XV de Piracicaba
Douradense
Comercial de Registro

He scored over 900 professional goals... wich is pretty impressive.

goals list:
Clube Temporada Gols
Campo Grande-RJ 1967-1968 22
Atlético Mineiro 1968-1972 312
Flamengo 1973-1974 34
Atlético Mineiro 1974 124
Sport 1975 94
Internacional 1976-1978 200
Ponte Preta 1978 18
Atlético Mineiro 1978-1980 64
Paysandu 1979 26
Bahia 1981 53