BEST MATCH EVER!!!

I don't think this could be a great game just becuase of some single players. Sometimes lower division matches are really worth watching.
One that was really good, they played with will and technique, and scored 8 goals in a match: Fluminense 4 X 4 Grêmio. A really good match.

Tottenham Vs Man City Fa Cup 4th round 2004 the final score was 4-3 to City but only after being 3-0 down at half time aswell as having a man sent off but came back to win!

I most remember Milan-Liverpool(CL final), because it was recently. But in my opinion one of best matches was ManU-Bayern(Cl final). Fantastic end, with two United's goals. I supported Manchester and I was very happy, because I didn't believe ManU can score two goals before Extra Time. From last matches, which I saw, I like ManU-Celtic(ManU ones again:D ). This is all from me. If I'll remind some matches I'll write.

Don Domenico said:
Wasn't that mainly due to Milan being lacklustre that day though? They thought they had the game in the bag.

Nope Don, Deportiva were simply superb.
I remeber an interview with the late Raymond Goethals (ex coach of Olympique Marseille and countless other teams), who with all his experience called this the most impressive football performance he had ever witnessed...

I know very well that i'm not an expert, but this man certainly was...he must have seen thousands of matches...just like me Goethals was impressed with Deportivo's second half (where they scored only once if my memory serves me well) where they made the ball simply untouchable for Milan...never before or since have i seen such an impressive possession play.

The best I've seen myself is AC Milan 3-2 Inter Milan..
Half time> 0-2, with an own goal and a goal directly from corner (that's right, no one touched Stankovic's cross and it went in soooooooooo slowly with Dida watching it and saying "..what's up, doc?")
Final> 3-2, first by Tomasson, the a beautiful run and a shot from just outside the box by Kaka, and a powerful one by Seedorf from way out..

UNFORGETTABLE (especially for the so called "intertristi")

Tottenham 5-1 Chelsea a few years back in the FA Cup was a nice one ;)

But seriously, games like the Liverpool UEFA Cup win, the Man Utd Vs Juventus 3-3 draw in '99 and the above Milan derby rank really high for me.

mmeny said:
Inter 2 vs 2 Milan ..i think 01/02
I'm not sure about that.. in 01/02 I think these were the results, but maybe I can go wrong:

Inter-Milan 2-4 (even a goal by Contra, and WHAT A GOAL!!)
Milan-Inter 0-1 ($hitty, lucky and unfair goal by Vieri with his knee)

Stockport County 2 Brentford 1

This was the best live game I've been to. It was about 1991. Brentford were top and Stockport were 2nd.
Kevin Francis scored an own goal in the first half and it was a pretty even game. 0-1 to Brentford.
2nd half started and Kilner scored a great individual goal after 1 minute.
The rest of the half was a one sided onslaught on the Brentford goal. I don't think they had a single attack. We had numerous penalty appeals turned down (some valid) and they cleared the ball off the line about 4 or 5 times. It looked like we weren't going to score but in the last minute there was a scramble and Francis stuck out his very long leg and the ball trickled over the line. 2-1 to us.
Fantastic game that I'll remember for ever

Back
Top Bottom