Best HD lead for Xbox360

Pick the resolution that matches your screen's native resolution. 1366 x 768 or similar for most HD ready TVs and 1920x1080 for full HD.

You might also need to set the reference levels to expanded to sort the colours out.

I have tried 1360x768 which is meant to be 720p and 1920x1080 which is either 1080 i or p but dont get the option to chose and it dont work

all it looks like atm is like i have the HD component lead set to TV, which looks shite

on the back of the cable is it called a VGA av cable or a VGA HD av cable?

Because mine just says VGA av cable

coopz what brand is your tv? if its samsung u need to turn the GAMMA off at the service menu(with the tv off, press mute, 1 , 8 , 2, than turn it on , it will display the service menu)
with gamma off you will have that "fog" of the vga gone, and have better colors, like when using component.)

I have tried 1360x768 which is meant to be 720p and 1920x1080 which is either 1080 i or p but dont get the option to chose and it dont work

all it looks like atm is like i have the HD component lead set to TV, which looks shite

on the back of the cable is it called a VGA av cable or a VGA HD av cable?

Because mine just says VGA av cable

Well, I thought it was VGA HD AV Cable...

coopz what brand is your tv? if its samsung u need to turn the GAMMA off at the service menu(with the tv off, press mute, 1 , 8 , 2, than turn it on , it will display the service menu)
with gamma off you will have that "fog" of the vga gone, and have better colors, like when using component.)

With the tv unplugged or stand by?

Yes its a VGA HD AV cable, I got the same one as Tim

Thats what i ordered but on the actual connection that goes into the 360 its says VGA AV Cable

does yours say VGA HD on there? If it does im sending this one straight back

this is what mine looks like

gcs0001ou9.jpg

i just use the hd lead that came along with my premium pack. is there a lead out there that will give an even better picture?!?

i'm on a 42" plasma, btw...

When using component that came with the premium verson for HD playing, the highest I can get my tv on is 1080i. When choosing 1080p the screen goes black, so I guess a VGA HD AV Cable wont do much for me? Cause this means that my tv does not suport the highest quality? And what is higher between 1080i and 720p? I have a 42 inch, HD ready, plasma from LG.
I just tryed a VGA HD Cable from Dragon, it did not look good at all! Everything became small and blurry.

The Component cable dosnt support 1080p thats why u most likely get a black screen

The VGA cable Supports 1080p though

The Component cable can do 1080p, MS updated the XB to output 1080p via the dashboard, and that was way before any had HDMI's, just alot of tv's wont accept a 1080p signal through the Components. That's why the TV gives a Black screen, or your TV isnt 1080p.

I dont! I have a 720p/1080i 32inch Pany LCD, just people think the cable cant carry the signal when clearly it can, just the machine you have it plugged into might not be able to show it!

Yea, I've got a 26" Goodman's HDTV running on 720p but now I've got an Elite and HDMI, I'd like to use my HDMI to full effect. Might look into getting a new TV.

I got an Elite too, and HDMI seems a little sharper and a little brighter, but then alot of people said that the VGA does just that. Also my TV auto detects the HDMI, woot woot!

woo hoo got my vga cable, but its taking me over 10 mins to get it out the wrapping lmao. i hate that wrapping style

oh fuck no!, mines plain, dam think i got a snide version lmao, thought it was a bit cheap

looks shit on the tv

Joe while you have it in your hands can you tell me if it says the same as my picture the back where it connects to the 360?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1825/gcs0001ou9.jpg

I'll have a look on mine for you :)
Mines an official cable btw made by MS.

I have found the VGA better on my plasma interms of colour and sharpness, BUT! it brings in a lot of dots everywhere so I might swtich to component. VGA is also better as there is no/less overscan like with component.

I'll have a look on mine for you :)
Mines an official cable btw made by MS.

I have found the VGA better on my plasma interms of colour and sharpness, BUT! it brings in a lot of dots everywhere so I might swtich to component. VGA is also better as there is no/less overscan like with component.

Ok mate cheers

Like i keep saying my VGA picture is disgraceful compared to Component

There's only one type of official VGA lead, mate, so don't worry about what's written on there. 1920x1080 is 1080p.

Not sure why you're getting a bad picture though. Are there any settings on the projector for the VGA input? Aside from VGA Shite = Yes/No, though I'm not sure what to look for.

Haha, no i have tried everything on my PJ and diddly squat is happening

Anyone wanna buy a VGA cable? :thumbup:

I bought one and its a much sharper picture but there's 2 grey lines at either side, can this be fixed in any way?

I have 32" Toshisba wlt68 which is 1368x768 and the vga cable only displays 1360x768

Back
Top Bottom