Best HD LCD TV for Pro Evo - i need help please!!

provided your plasma has a component board you should be ok, PS2 was grim for me via RGB but when i used a component cable and games began to output in 480p or 720p on the ps2 then the images were much better.

remember to set the ps2 to output yuv.

only thing is most tvs only support one component connection so the odds are to get the best from the 360 you'll want to use the vga connection or buy a component switcher/decent av amp which offers video switching on board.

places like game should have the component cables in stock....the red/blue/green connection on the tvs board, not the red/white/yellow which is the inferior composite connection (which some ppl do get mixed up by)

My 360 is due tomorrow i heard it comes with a component av cable, if not i presume ill need the vga one to save me some space for a connection when i buy a Wii.

Last edited:
Jimmy G-Force said:
Please dont tell me I've wasted a grand on nothing ?

I was really hoping WE10 was going to be sensational on this TV, I couldnbt be more wrong or more gutted.

you can't expect the PS2 to look sensational just because you have a new TV. what does really make a difference is indeed using component cables, but don't expect nextgen graphics all of a sudden ;)

@bailzebub: the premium pack does include component cable.

Bailzebub said:
provided your plasma has a component board you should be ok, PS2 was grim for me via RGB but when i used a component cable and games began to output in 480p or 720p on the ps2 then the images were much better.

remember to set the ps2 to output yuv.

only thing is most tvs only support one component connection so the odds are to get the best from the 360 you'll want to use the vga connection or buy a component switcher/decent av amp which offers video switching on board.

places like game should have the component cables in stock....the red/blue/green connection on the tvs board, not the red/white/yellow which is the inferior composite connection (which some ppl do get mixed up by)

My 360 is due tomorrow i heard it comes with a component av cable, if not i presume ill need the vga one to save me some space for a connection when i buy a Wii.

Cheers buddy, your a lifesaver and have made my day, just off to Game to buy a lead. ;0)

I tried the HD lead using the component cable on Topspin and the blurred ball is much better, so guess I'll be ditching the Super AV scart I bought for it now. :0)

My Plasma does have a component board on it, so hopefully my problem will be resolved.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

Jimmy ......

In reply to Jimmy, WE10 looks terrible no matter what on my hd lcd, so its not just you, one thing that improved it over scart was component, stopped the ghosting effect through scart, if you try pes5 on 480p on the 360 you will see a great picture.

I'm gonna wait until the PES7 and the PS3 is out, then the tv's will be much better, and i hope that i won't have any problems.

Hello, anyone else got the samsung, I am about to order the Samsung 23" LE23R71BX as my budget is £500, and and can get this for £470 delivered, but before I do, anyone else have a problem with motion blurring.

hi
I have the sony bravia kdf 50A11E (3LCD)
Im very happy about my TV
Why ?

1. its very big 50" (127cm)
2. HD ready (1280x720)
3. Amazing picture on dvd and xbox360
and last of all: It is very very cheap !!!

Back
Top Bottom