Best Evo-web Username

Sven's Gotan Erection

Its not the best but it is very odd

Plan M (It comes from the hiphop act Plan B i.e. you should always have a second plan. Plan M is Plan Mike (my first name). :)

gerd...good choice from my parents, they choose it almost 40 years before internet existed, really an inspired choice ...especially when you know that the alternative was Klaus...

that one isn't much around...
Sorry gerd but that makes as much sense as buying a Game Boy to play on Xbox Live with, you might want to rephrase that. :eh:

Your English is still better than my *insert any other language in the world here* but what you've just said makes no sense.

This could be a loooooooong thread :lol: :D

Allright second try...
In the post above the one i quoted, the answer was simple: the best evo-web username, for example: CW or Tim7 or proevofanatik...

Tim7 replied with:
"This could be a looooooong thread"

So i tried to be funny and kept going the flow or the analogy...

My response meant to say something like: it's been a long time since the member with the Evo-web Username "This could be a looooong thread" has been on the site...i don't think my English was bad...i think it was the joke that was bad...

"He isn't around much" or "he's not on very often" is the correct (or widely accepted) way to say it, saying "that one" makes it sound like you're referring to an object, which is what confuses it.

But I get it now that you've explained it. ;)

oops jack, i didn't know that...but admit that it was a lame joke.
My English is reasonably good, but when i try to be funny, things go wrong...
Thanks for the English lesson (and i mean that, i'm not trying to be cynical).

Your English is great, I think that's the only thing you've ever said that I've struggled with. I wasn't trying to be condescending, I just couldn't understand what you were trying to get across - but I've been told by other language learners (which I am not one of, I cannot comprehend how you guys do it and the challenges that you face), apparently English humour is a bit weird and hard to master.

Don't worry jack...
And indeed English humour is hard to master. You know i'm rather impulsive and i notice that often when i'm mad at some posting, it turns out that it was meant as a joke...similarly when i'm trying to be funny or have some harmles fun people don't think it's funny or are offended...it must be something cultural or i'm not funny at all...although in Belgium mostpeople consider my very funny...i know...big in Belgium...

PS: jack are you still mad at me??? i wasn't trying to be funny then, but i was being too impulsive and it bothers me that you were mad at me...

Back
Top Bottom