1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Best club in the world at the moment?

Discussion in 'Football' started by total, 2 November 2006.

The best club in the world at the moment?

1. Barcelona

18 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Real Madrid

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Chelsea

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  4. Inter

6 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Bayern Munich

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Lyon

24 vote(s)
    24.2%
  7. Other (please specify)

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. total

total International

10 December 2005
    Slovenia
    Arsenal/OGC Nice
    Right, there's this poll on a Slovenian footie site and I decided to open a topic about this here.

What club is in your opinion the best in the world at the moment?

Last edited: 2 November 2006
  2. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    hmm...expect a lot of hate reply posts coming up. I'm just confused as to why Real Madrid is there? :eh:

3. Glavisted

Glavisted Premiership

20 July 2005
    Lima, Perú
    Barcelona.

4. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    At this point i'd say Lyon. Theyve been impressive and have carried their form over from last year. Barca have been disappointing, and so have the other teams. Barca only have the right to officially be named the best team due to their CL title.

5. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    This is all down to your own perspective, so Saints.

Best team in the fu**ing world!

6. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    At the moment Man Utd are better than Chelsea.

7. ALAIN

ALAIN blue!!!!

22 February 2005
    france
    chelsea fc,psg
    the point here is who is the best club in the world at the moment,not who is better than Chelsea:roll:

8. Stan

Stan Allez les Lionceaux !!!

12 September 2002
    It is not important to be the best team in the world at this moment...in april and may this makes more sense (nothing agianst this thread though).

9. Dominic

Dominic Serie A Staff

19 August 2003
    Netherlands
    Juventus.

10. Joe

Joe International

9 August 2004
    Crystal Palace

11. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    And his point is (atleast this is what I think), Chelsea made the list on the poll but Man Utd didnt for no reason. Why is Madrid there and not Man Utd, Milan and Arsenal?

12. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Tranmere Rovers...

Seriously though, I don't think you can say any team is "best". They're all best at different styles of play. Each team could beat another similarly-rated team if one team's style of play exposed weaknesses of the other - which doesn't mean that they're the best but their particular style is good against the other team's particular style. But not against every team's.

On that list, I would personally find Barcelona the most talented, but that doesn't mean that a team playing the right style of football couldn't beat them.

13. Clockender

Clockender is back...but for how long?

27 November 2001
    East Lower, Block 13
    Arsenal FC
    Surely this poll is about who is the best "club" not "team". Thats very difficult to define. Best club at the moment? Best club ever?

A pointless thread but not that pointless as I have made a contribution ;)

14. Dermot

Dermot Banned

13 August 2002
    New York
    Arsenal
    Forest Green Rovers

15. AOBrien07

AOBrien07 Safc till i die !

12 May 2006
    Sunderland
    Sunderland
    barce better than chelsea bull****
    chelsea have played barce 6 times

barce w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
    chels w 2 d 2 l 2 = 8p
    which means on statistics there the same its just barce are highly overrated

16. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    are you kidding me? you must be joking... barcelona won the CL my friend, and there domestic league... chelsea have not lived up to the hype in the CL

17. tuta

tuta Marseillais

21 November 2004
    France
    Marseille
    Lyon.

Their first defeat was yesterday when another channel showing Prison Break had a better tv audience :).

18. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    The club that makes the most revenue is the Best...lets face it a club that grows is always better.So Manutd and RealMadrid are the riches,but our they growing

19. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    I kind of disagree, they beat Barca the year before, then lost. This year they have been much better than Barca and the two years previous to Barca winning they were better than Barca.

03/04 Chelsea Semi's Barca DNQ
    04/05 Chelsea Semi's Barca 1st KO
    05/06 Chelsea 1st KO Barca Winners
    06/07 ?????

The obvious different is that Barca won it. If you take it solely from that angle.

04/05 Liverpool Winners Barca 1st KO
    05/06 Liverpool 1st KO Barca Winners

They have the exact same record over the past two season and Liverpool are clearly in the better situation. So Liverpool and Barca are as good as each other in Europe, take into account that Liverpool won a Uefa cup title in modern times makes them a better European team.

Though the argument is Chelsea and Barca, If Chelsea were to win this year it would make it clear IMO that they are the best team in Europe atm. On current form Barca are not.

20. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    dude, are you serious, liverpool? Didnt they finish 12th in the prem that year.... cmon man. Barcelona won the double, liverpool didnt come close to a CL spot. They had to beg for one.... Your reasoning is very very very flawed.

21. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Go away, do some research and come back when you know what youre talking about

22. WEtongelre

WEtongelre Champions League

17 February 2006
    Eindhoven
    Galatasaray
    Arsenal!!

23. gomito#10

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    ok chris, fine they finished 5th, ahhahaha, and yes they begged to be back in, they also finished a shocking 37 POINTS behind chelsea the league winners. Meanhwhile barca finished 12 points ahead of real madrid the same year they won the CL. My point still stands, comparing liverpool 2005 to barca 2006, its not even close who was better team. And if people hadnt noticed barca is in first place in la liga currently.... So as current champions of the CL and first place in spain, i still say barca is a better team then chelsea..

24. ALAIN

ALAIN blue!!!!

22 February 2005
    france
    chelsea fc,psg

Aaaaaa i know what you're talking about...:lol:

25. FCB

FCB [Més que un Club]

18 April 2005
    [Spain]
    [F.C.Barcelona]
    Barça :applause:

26. Mastermind

Mastermind FRANCESC SON!

28 June 2005
    North London
    Da Goons
    ARSENAL FC

27. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    As I mentioned it's down to your own perspective, so let's all agree that Saints are by far the best team in the world.... Ever was and ever will be.

Mind if I had to pick someone I'd probabaly go for Chelsea or Barca at the moment.

Chelsea have immense strength in depth and no shortage of talent one or two players aside (*cough* Shevwaste of moneychenko) and Barca have incredible talent. Ronny could make almost any team win something.

28. Lyon.

very strong ATM

29. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    I've just bought an Aston Villa shirt off eBay for a fiver (was going to buy a Southampton one but they were too expensive). Therefore, my answer has changed to Aston Villa. :thumbup:

30. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Well look at it how I put it across, Liverpool in Europe are a better side than Barca. Another thing they deserve to be in that poll more than Inter, Bayern and Real.

I can see how it is flawed as their domestic record is poorer, thats where Chelsea come into it. Chelsea are only missing the win to make them the best side in Europe, well on paper anyway. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would disagree that but mostly that stems from a . I am not saying that Liverpool are the best side in Europe but at the same time I am. A contradicion I know but they are an amazing CL team, if they could take that form into the Prem they would be up their for best team in Europe IMO. This will be Rafa's downfall I think, good enough for europe but not for the Prem.