Become a Legend annoying "bugs"

spwny

www.slbenfica.pt
27 May 2007
Lisbon
Benfica
Well, this is the most entertainment game mode in pes since years and, now I'm starting to feel a little disappointed with it, here's my point...

1st) Rating System: does anyone really know how does it works? I'm a striker and there are games that I score 2 goals and get 7.0, and others where I don't even score any and I didn't do much shots on goal and I get 7.5 or 8.0

2nd) Strange Coaches: right know I'm in Chelsea and I'm playing for Portugal aswell, why does the Chelsea's coach is insisting in putting the RWF and/or the LWF at CF when he has me (spw), anelka and drogba "warming up" the bench? Another thing about coach's, the first time I scored goals for Chelsea I scored 2 goals and got like 8.0, the next game I didn't even entered it and we where losing... (btw, nani is the striker in Portugal lol); ohhh and he's always switching between Peter Chech and the 2nd goalkeeper lol...

3rd) Retarded AI: Sometimes my players (ye only mine's, CPU's team don't do that..) just walk to and opponent untill they lose the ball, they don't even try to drible them or even pass the ball, it happens all the time...

4th) CPU's team corner kicks: 1/3 are converted in goals against you, doesn't matter if your Babylon FC or Chelsea...

5th) Penalty kicks: The last 3 penalties that my team's had, the kicker was not me and in the 3 cases, the keeper just guessed the side the ball was going, the last one attempting was Lampard... corruption? ah ah :BOP:

6th) Konami, where the fuck is the teamwork?: Sometimes you are in front of the goal with a team mate and he has the ball, instead of passing it does a stupid shot that almost (okay, never) turns into goal...

I don't remember nothing more right now but, if I do I will post it here, just let me know what you think of my point of view :SHOCK:

KONAMI got booked by spw :Y1

Last edited:
Ah these are nothing my friend.

Playing 3 years of be a legend, and finding that the game will crash when loading a match during legends online, while offline continues to work fine.

How about the crashes at random points of the season, could be week 7 after the game, or week 40. It changes every time.

How about your be a legend save becoming corrupt after days/weeks of hard work?

The online one is the most annoying for me, so i had to start again. Although there is no explanation why it would crash online but not offline. Incidentally, if i created a new BAL it worked fine, if i played normal online (2v2 etc), it worked fine.

Whilst the bugs you mention are annoying, the ones i mentioned are game stoppers. Cannot believe this got through Testing, and a patch. How could the patch not fix this? What was the patch for if it doesn't do what it said?

How do you like them apples?

I need a drink...

6th) Konami, where the fuck is the teamwork?: Sometimes you are in front of the goal with a team mate and he has the ball, instead of passing it does a stupid shot that almost (okay, never) turns into goal...

You do know that you can request the ball from your teammates? Double-tapping R2 does the trick ;) Also, it helps if you have high teamwork - then your teammates seem to be more willing to pass the ball to you.

You do know that you can request the ball from your teammates? Double-tapping R2 does the trick ;) Also, it helps if you have high teamwork - then your teammates seem to be more willing to pass the ball to you.

I know thanks :APPLAUD:

Sometimes our team mates just go nuts..

Ah these are nothing my friend.

Playing 3 years of be a legend, and finding that the game will crash when loading a match during legends online, while offline continues to work fine.

How about the crashes at random points of the season, could be week 7 after the game, or week 40. It changes every time.

How about your be a legend save becoming corrupt after days/weeks of hard work?

The online one is the most annoying for me, so i had to start again. Although there is no explanation why it would crash online but not offline. Incidentally, if i created a new BAL it worked fine, if i played normal online (2v2 etc), it worked fine.

Whilst the bugs you mention are annoying, the ones i mentioned are game stoppers. Cannot believe this got through Testing, and a patch. How could the patch not fix this? What was the patch for if it doesn't do what it said?

How do you like them apples?

I need a drink...

That was fixed after the Patch 1.10 release and I got no problems anymore, I already had finished a Master League with the default ML players and I had to start all over again, the same with Become a Legend, it's sad but now it is fixed..

in real life it's the same.

Ye but in real life they are flamed in the news in the next day and we can laugh of it, but konami mistakes remains the same until the next game version that takes hmm... 1 more year to come out?? :)

Hey mates.

I do believe that Konami has developed a "great" job this year presenting us with this new Become a Legend mode. However, as my mate spwny stated, there are numerous things that "Seabass" and his team should have done before throw in this mode.

First of all: a little section in PES 2009 User Manual explaining the rating criteria!

I mean, I am OMF and only god knows what the hell am I suppose to do to get a good evaluation. Here's an example: last week's league game I have played it for 80 minutes, the time i get substituted. Here's my stats:

Tried Passes/ Completed Passes: 12/8
Assists: 0
Shots/Shots on Goal: 2/1
Goals: 0
Yard Dribbled: 202
Ball Interceptions: 2

I got a 6.5 rank. (A little bit overrated i thought..)

Anyway, next fixture day, a made the pitch for about 73 minutes. Ending up like these:

Tried Passes/ Completed Passes: 19/18
Assists: 1
Shots/Shots on Goal: 5/5
Goals: 1
Yard Dribbled: 296
Ball Interceptions: 2

and I was ranked................6.5 !!

The Ranking Criteria is by far a little controversial and kinda randomly generated.. I would like KONAMI staff to make a clearance about this issue asap. :TD:

Bigupz*

That was fixed after the Patch 1.10 release and I got no problems anymore, I already had finished a Master League with the default ML players and I had to start all over again, the same with Become a Legend, it's sad but now it is fixed..

Sorry, but for me and many others the patch did nothing. I game at 1680x1050, and the game still crashes for me, only way to get round it is to run the game at 1280x768 which makes it look terrible.

Good job, so what did the patch fix then?:YAWN:

The Patch 1.10 didn't focalize to solve the resolution issues. The only resolution problem that was fixed was the 1280x768 problem. Higher resolutions still got that crash problem.

The Patch was launched to fix, mostly, some online problems.

That was the official explanation that went out from KONAMI staff, after patch release. :BSCARF:

Sorry, but for me and many others the patch did nothing. I game at 1680x1050, and the game still crashes for me, only way to get round it is to run the game at 1280x768 which makes it look terrible.

Good job, so what did the patch fix then?:YAWN:

I play at 1680x1050 too and there's no more crashes after I installed the patch, before, it was awful I even stop playing competitions since they always crashed; now, everything runs smoothly without those or further problems ! :YAWN:

The Patch 1.10 didn't focalize to solve the resolution issues. The only resolution problem that was fixed was the 1280x768 problem. Higher resolutions still got that crash problem.

The Patch was launched to fix, mostly, some online problems.

That was the official explanation that went out from KONAMI staff, after patch release. :BSCARF:

Oh thats interesting, so if you game over 1280x768 then random crashes will still happen?

Dang thats annoying cos i use 1680x1050, and anything else looks horrid on my 20.1 inch widescreen. :CONFUSE:

I play at 1680x1050 too and there's no more crashes after I installed the patch, before, it was awful I even stop playing competitions since they always crashed; now, everything runs smoothly without those or further problems ! :YAWN:

Hmmmm so why am i still getting the crash. :YAWN:

I have every driver up to date, and i can run any game with ease on my pc, except this one. ;)

Hmmmm so why am i still getting the crash. :YAWN:

I have every driver up to date, and i can run any game with ease on my pc, except this one. ;)

Tell me something, did u continued with your previous save or you started a new competition after the patch? I'm asking this because my old saves (all the save games I did before the update 1.10) doesn't work right now, so I just deleted them :)

5th) Penalty kicks: The last 3 penalties that my team's had, the kicker was not me and in the 3 cases, the keeper just guessed the side the ball was going, the last one attempting was Lampard... corruption? ah ah :BOP:

I'm quoting myself this time just to let you know that I had 2 more penalties 1 for Ballack and 1 for Drogba and guess what? Both FAILED...

Do I really have reasons to be pissed of or what? :RANT:

I even say more, Drogba failed the penalty and it was the only shot he did to the goal the hole game, and he did 2 passes and failed one, got rated 6.5 and I scored a goal and had 13 passes (12 sucessfull) and got rated 6.5 too...

I'm starting to feel that I won't play BAL anymore..

Last edited:
Tell me something, did u continued with your previous save or you started a new competition after the patch? I'm asking this because my old saves (all the save games I did before the update 1.10) doesn't work right now, so I just deleted them :)

I started new games, thats what i just don't understand. :CW:

Let's try again :)

Excerpt from patch 1.1 readme:
Code:
Patch Notes

Time of Release: 23/10/2008 

Implementing this update will fix the following problems: 

* Problems that affected the game in various game modes when played in a resolution 
higher than 1280*720. 
Once implemented, the game can be played in higher resolutions than the one previosly 
without the same problems.

[SIZE="3"][B]IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please be informed that by implementing 
the patch, the save file you created in advance for 
"Become a Legend", "Champions League", "League / Cup" 
and "Master League" modes may become unusable.[/B][/SIZE]

Finally, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences and confusion caused.

Look at the important notice ;)

And some official info from Konami before the patch had actually been released:
Code:
New patch coming for "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009" PC version

We have discovered a problem within the PC version of  "Pro Evolution Soccer 2009",  
which affected the stability of various modes in game. The problem has been 
analyzed and are confirming that a patch will be released on Thursday the 
23rd of October 2008.

In the meanwhile we suggest that players who may be affected
switch their resolutions to 1280*720 or lower in order to circumvent any sort of 
instability.

We would like to offer our most sincere apologies to all 
who have been affected by this, and wish all players lots of fun with PES 2009!
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=365

... and right after the patch has been released:
Code:
New PES 2009 patch Released

We are glad to announce that a patch was released as scheduled 
at 07:00 BST on 23/10/2008 to correct issues that have affected 
user save data in various modes of "Pro Evolution Soccer".

Please be made aware that sometimes, during installation, the process 
may appear to have stalled with the window status shown as "not responding" 
for a few minutes.

However, we would like to ask you to wait for the installation to resume 
rather than to retry or abort as the installation is in progress even when 
the above symptoms occur.

We would like to thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/news.do?idNews=366

Edit: Regarding that important notice: ahh, sorry guys, you're just too fast posting in here :D

Last edited:
Well i have just reinstalled the game again, applied the patch, and applied kitserver. I am going to run the game at 1680x1050, uncheck LB and use aspect correction from kitserver.

I will disable frame skipping and Vsync, and enable Vsync in my graphics card control panel.

If it crashes one more time i will go out into the streets of norwich, rape, pillage and plunder all that i find...

It may be some kind of issue with your graphic card. Anyway I apologize for casting the wrong info. My source wasn't well informed. Apparently the Patch should solve all the resolution problems, regardless of which "res" you play.

mattbuck if game still crash and you have all drivers up to date try to look for incompatiblities of the game with your GPU or something like that.

If there's nothing about it then, go to KONAMI office and ask for Reclamation Book! That should solve the problem lol

u know what annoyed the fuck out of me.. i played legends till my player was 23 yrs old, getting into england squad, good stats.. and then konami release a patch which makes my save file corrupt.

i think that absolutely tops the list for me.

(for good rating, just do short simple passes.. maybe even an assist. i WAS a centre mid and getting 7-8 every game :) )

u know what annoyed the fuck out of me.. i played legends till my player was 23 yrs old, getting into england squad, good stats.. and then konami release a patch which makes my save file corrupt.

i think that absolutely tops the list for me.

(for good rating, just do short simple passes.. maybe even an assist. i WAS a centre mid and getting 7-8 every game :) )

I'm a striker I'm supposed to score, and I do but (almost) always I pass by 2 or 3 defenders and score, it's very difficult sometimes to score with teamplay because team mates seems blind!

After the patch, i got no problem, playing always at 1920*1200, my three old savegames works fine, no problem after 3 seasons since the patch...

and you must read!!! the rating criteria takes care of your position in the field if you stay or not, it's about ten times per season wrote in the informations....

After the patch, i got no problem, playing always at 1920*1200, my three old savegames works fine, no problem after 3 seasons since the patch...

and you must read!!! the rating criteria takes care of your position in the field if you stay or not, it's about ten times per season wrote in the informations....

Ok very clarifying, I'm a striker I have to score goals, how can I score 2 goals, do 1 assistance and a lot of sucessfull passes and be less rated that someone that haven't done half that I had?

Explain this expert :BLEH:

Fernando, with all due respect your talking tripe. Yes, it does say that, but the ratings are random. As a CF you can stay up front, but if you hardly touch the ball you will get a 5 or 5.5.

Lord Fernando, the Value Points topic, that you're talking about, is worthless..
It only says that you must do the things in the field according to your position.

OK. Fine.

But how the hell do I get 6.5 as an OMF if I get a 95% of sucessful passes, plus an assist and a goal scored in a game, and got the same score with an awful performance (see #7) the game before?

After this I can only say that the Value Points topic is the best explanation I ever had in my whole life...

Thanks COWNAMI :R1

Edit: I am not asking KONAMI to make us the cake, i'm only requesting some coerency when creating an evaluation system.

Bigupz*

Last edited:
Value points are dodgy indeed. But not as dodgy as the gaffer's decisions and yer teammate's A.I. As well as the one-dimensional approach by each opposition team.

I agree with spwny, and i think the most annoying thing is that the A.I is shit!!! if that would be good everything wouldn't feel as bad as they are! but the strange thing is that only YOUR TEAM is full of retards! konami did this while sitting on the crapper....

Back
Top Bottom