1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

BBC Sports Personality of the Year Awards

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by crayon, 10 December 2006.

1. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Don't know about you, but i feel that was a con job. Zara Phillips is very talented for sure, but that was a BBC pandering to the royals methinks. Joe Calzaghe would have been a much more worthy winner.

Actually, I can see why they called it "Personality" now rather than "Person".

.......which brings me to think...."why the hell is Gary "charisma bypass) Lineker presenting?".

2. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Tis a piss take, I would of given it to Darren Clarke, but yes tis a very political style vote, it's been a shambles for years and I dont think it means alot anymore anyhow. Who really cares.

3. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    I know it's a complete piss-take but it seems the BBC is devoid of personality, ideas and just puts up trash tv (minus Planet Earth I grant you) and keeps robbing us of the licence fee which could then wholly go to Sky!!

4. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Phil Taylor all the way. Didn't watch it for the above reasons but he still should've won.

5. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    I just seen it this morning, the result I mean. How poor can you get, it would have been great to see The Power win. :)

6. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Agree. Nasty jacket mind....although not as bad as Darren Clarke's suit (shiny 80's material) and not as ill fitting as the St. Helen's rugby league team captain's...:D

7. :: JJ ::

:: JJ :: Guest

To put it in one word......

Fix

8. Ad16

Ad16 Premiership

13 November 2006
    Agree with most of the previously said comments, it was bollocks. My biggest gripe though is the presenters. Gary 'the bore' Lineker and Sue 'the bouffant' Barker are cringe worthy at best.