Bayern Munchen Thread

Who is your fav bayern munich player !!

• Total voters
It's not about Guardiola, I just don't see it as a big deal to learn the language of the country you're managing in these days, given the big setups and multi-national setups the big clubs have these days.

If anything, it would be more important if you were a foreign manager managing a lower division club that would be mostly made of players from that country itself.

At a big club it would be easier to get your message across, whether through a translator, a assistant coach, a foreign speaking player (take Schweinsteiger knowing some Spanish and helping Javi Martinez for example) etc.

For me Thiago is a smart enough buy. They made more than his tranfer fee from the CL, and they can spend a season working out where to play him. Then next season they can ship out one of the midfielders who is no longer needed.

Their squad is f'n insane!

I'd say it's TOO much quality unless they get rid of one or two players.

I would like to see Pep as coach of a weaker team. After what he did with barcelona he is hailed as the new messiah of football. Of course he deserves praise, but still i would like to see him with a relegation team...would he be that good ? I always had the same feeling about Cruijff as a coach.

Is the most successfull coach/manager also the best one ? I doubt it. For me what (for example) Laudrup did with Swansea (or in Belgium what Dury did with Zulte Waregem) is at least as good as what Heynckes achieved with Bayern last season...I might start a thread about this...

I think the squad is a little unbalanced compared to last year, there are a lot of skillfull diminutive attacking midfielders but they have thinned out in other positions. In terms of true strikers there is only Mandzukic and Pizzaro, if an injury happens to Mandzukic it will be a lot of pressure on Pizzaro who will be 35 years old for in a few months.

I know that Guardiola fans will say, "oh but he can play a false 9 with no strikers", but I don't know how well this will work in the Bundesliga, and even if it does work it could be difficult for the team to adapt to it in their first season. I was a bit suprised they sold Gomez since they hadn't secured another striker (e.g. Lewandowski). As well as a striker I think it might have been a good idea to pick up another central defender since Badstuber is out long term. Again at the moment they can probably get by with Boateng and Dante, but the reserves are a little shakey. Van Buyten has been a very good defender but at 35 age isnt on his side, Kirchhoff has potential but he's not played that many high intensity games, how would he do in a big league match (vs Dortmund, Schalke) or in a CL game with a lot riding on it and if you look at his record he seems to get a few injuries himself. Again Guardiola fans will just say, "Oh he can play a midfielder as center back", maybe he can but again it's a risk - Bayern will be playing a lot of football matches this season, Bundesliga, DFB Pokal (German Cup), they have to take a week off for the World Super Cup (although this time it's in Morocco not Japan so they shouldnt suffer too much from travelling), almost all their players are internationals and will have big games to get to the WC... Injuries could be an issue and having a squad thin in certain areas (CB, striker) is a risk.

I think this 'false 9' thing is yet to be tested. because, you know, when you have a player like Messi taking care of business for you even with the most ridiculous gameplans, you can make them look as if they are all working.

I think Bayern has the best squad Europe has seen in years, the possibilities there are enormous, the team has an incredible balance of offense and defense. So, if Pep doesn't do marvels with it, then he will show he's not as good as some of us think.

Completely agree with Alex on this one, The possibilities are limitless. I just posted that to point how much quality crowded is the midfield and how unwise was Thiago's decision, sure he's re-united with Pep now, but his situation will be the same as Barcelona this time. Even worst I'd say.

I agree.

The squad is packed with as much talent as you'd want in any team and it does actually have a nice balance to it as well.

If there wasn't an experienced German core or guys like Luiz Gustavo and Javi Martinez, I would say it's unbalanced due to many attacking skillful players but I don't think it is. They have a bit of everything. From diminutive dribbling talents to big strong men who can hold opponents off or challenge aerially. They have young players but also some immensely experienced ones.

Not sure how much playing time Thiago will get though. That midfield is the hardest to break into and I'd personally rather have a guy like Kroos in there than Alcantara. He's German, probably Schweini's successor and already established.

I'm also not sure how much play time guys like Shaqiri will get which is a shame because he's hell of a talent. Unless there's a big injury, maybe he should move. There's almost TOO much quality DEPTH in that team and lots of big egos.

I think they'll snap up Lewandowski sooner or late (if not this summer, then either next summer or possibly in January) and that will make them even scarier!

Mandzukic like Cavani is a BEAST when it comes to fitness and not a big history with injuries. If he can avoid an unlucky and unexpected long term injury, I think Bayern will be fine because when he's not there, I expect Pep to deploy a 3-front attack without a true #9 with guys like Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Thiago and Shaqiri just all having free roles and being all over the pitch.

I don't see them relying on Pizzaro too much then. MAybe in games where they've already won or against lesser teams in the league but if Mandzukic isn't injured, I see Pep and Bayern getting creative with 'other' options until Lewandowski is secured.

I'm not a big fan of playing DMF's in CB either but again the way Pep does it, it does give the team another 'dimension' and Bayern does have players like Javi Martinez or even Luiz Gustavo who CAN play there and do a good job if needed.

And then with all the big egos, you need a good club identity and lots of German interntionals to keep everyone in check and that's exactly what they have with Lahm, Neuer and Schweinsteiger.

I think this squad is as good as it gets and is very 'flexible' and can play a number of roles, formations and tactics and that's what makes them so dangerous.

For me they were already the best team in Europe and now they're even stronger which must be a scary thought for the other European teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and co. who are trying to catch up with them.

I do understand it's good to have your old boss back but I think Thiago may have made a mistake. He would have had far more playing time in Manchester United. It's not like he was starting that many games under Guardiola either or ever really truly took his chance.

I'm not sure Bayern needed Thiago at all with all the midfield talent they have but I guess if nothign else it's a good business decision and they're likely to sell him for same amount if not more later.

And after writing about all that, I realized I'd totally forgotten about Thomas Muller!!

Just goes to show how crazy this squad is! :D

Yeah, It's effin' insane how much polyvalent players they have, every player can play at least in 2 positions!

watched the game today, thiago man of the match(what a pass for the second goal:WORSHIP:)bayern will be a monster this new season coming

Guardiola is such a boob..odd reaction near and at the end of the game today. Guess shaking hands with the other coach/players is too much to ask when you're angry at the ref.

Last edited:
Guardiola is such a boob..odd reaction near and at the end of the game today. Guess shaking hands with the other coach/players is too much to ask when you're angry at the ref.
:SHHH: he's the classy gentleman of world football.

It's because of harsh fouls against Shaqiri and Schweinsteiger . The opponent played too rough for his tastes given the occasion, he was angry at that, not the referee. Didn't watch the match, though, so I can't say if he's right or not.

Here's the foul against Shaqiri, look how mad Pep is:

PlushAcclaimedBullfrog.gif

and he also said he didn't see the MLS coaching staff at the end, that's why he didn't shake their hands.

I can understand why any coach would be mad after rough tackles, especially during friendlies. But I still sincerely hope he didn't just outright refuse the handshake. Bayern made this trip to promote themselves after all, would have been much classier had he swallowed his pride and anger for the moment.

"Gute Miene zum bösen Spiel machen" - as we like to say here.

On the other hand: I like coaches who get emotionally invested in the game. Guardiola can get extremely passionate on the sidelines. Still ways away from, let's say, Juergen Klopp, who often times approaches territory beyond good and evil.
No biggie.
Just unfortunate through and through.

Back
Top Bottom