Battlefield V [PC/PS4/XBO]

Been playing it the past couple of nights, and isn't too bad - Will play on release as I get it free with Origin Premium but personally I have not enjoyed BF since BF2 and with every new release it gets more and more COD run and gun.

I also really suck at it.

• Staff
Been playing it the past couple of nights, and isn't too bad - Will play on release as I get it free with Origin Premium but personally I have not enjoyed BF since BF2 and with every new release it gets more and more COD run and gun.
Managed a few games at lunch - absolutely agree with you, but comparing Battlefield 1 to Battlefield V (so far) it's definitely a bit less run-and-gun. Certainly a step in the right direction at least (not enough to be considered one of the classics, but it's an improvement).

Pretty pleased - just hope they don't listen to the guys begging for it to be faster already.

What is it with EA games and people begging them to make them faster?

Really enjoying this beta, the graphics are magnificent, having a lot of fun so far with the game, though the bleeding out animation is getting tedious already, you should be able to skip it much quicker...

Played it last night and still got annoyed with the COD run and gun style of the game.

So I went to Origin and thought has BF really changed that much or just me having better memories of what it used to play like.

So installed BF 1942 and ended up playing it for about 2 hours, it was slow and tactical and felt evenly balanced.
I personally found the game incredibly enjoyable and apart from the obviously dated graphics, gameplay wise it was way better than the beta of Battlefield V.

When I next get time, will re-load what in my memory was the best of the lot BF2 and see how run and gun that was.

I got an email from Amazon giving me £6 off Battlefield 5 for Xbox and PS4..

If anyone wants one of the two codes then please PM me and I will send to the first two people.

It is £48, so makes the game £42.

Well? How is it? Reviews arent amazing and it sort of went under the radar.
I enjoyed Battlefield 1, it had some of the old feeling I had when I played 1942.
So how is this compare? More of the same? Better? Worse?

Played the BETA when it arrived and have it free on Origin Premier.

But TBH the battlefields have gone massively downhill with every release that I just don't care in the slightest about them anymore.
They lost what made them good and unique in the first place and changed them into Call of Duty run and gun with a bigger map.

i think the new version is a lot of fun to play. sure, some stuff is missing and feels a little rushed out. but for what it does right now... its fun, imo! been playing some rounds the last couple of days. i like the gameplay better than BF1. the maps are much better, imo. better routes to force team play, nicer gfx...
when the game is "done" with all features released it might get a little cheaper. so if one wants to go full throttle with all features and polish n stuff, you might want to wait a few weeks!

my mom's personal doctor just bought the game last week. i asked him if he's playing medic class only.
he denied! he's playing all the classes! :D

Last edited:
i think the new version is a lot of fun to play. sure, some stuff is missing and feels a little rushed out. but for what it does right now... its fun, imo! been playing some rounds the last couple of days. i like the gameplay better than BF1. the maps are much better, imo. better routes to force team play, nicer gfx...
when the game is "done" with all features released it might get a little cheaper. so if one wants to go full throttle with all features and polish n stuff, you might want to wait a few weeks!

my mom's personal doctor just bought the game last week. i asked him if he's playing medic class only.
he denied! he's playing all the classes! :D
pc or ps4 ?

New BF is about to about to be announced.

Not much news on it yet, but apparently it is going to be PC, PS5 and Series X with absolutely no plans for it to be released on the old gen.
I will be extremely happy if that is true.

New BF is about to about to be announced.

Not much news on it yet, but apparently it is going to be PC, PS5 and Series X with absolutely no plans for it to be released on the old gen.
I will be extremely happy if that is true.

Really, really, really doubt that. It would not make any business sense. My guess its gonna be a gimped version. Something more like cyberpunk in ps4. probably much larger firefights in next gen, 60fps.
Hopefully they release something good, I skipped V but had a good time with BF1

Back
Top Bottom