Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat PC & Consoles

Re: Battlefield 2

I tried with on and off. It doesnt change the speed too much since my computer is a piece of shit. But it doesnt really bother me if its AAed or not, so i turned it off to smoothen the gameplay. Im using Medium everything right now with no AA.

im using:

XP
Pentium 4 1.60ghz
1gb ddr ram
Nvidia Geforce FX5700 LE 128mb

And it runs just fine.

Last edited:

Good stuff!

The few of us posting in this topic should get in a server sometime soon for a game.

Yeah should be a laugh.

I'm hoping for mid to high settings with a bit of AA and AF. Just need the game first. Think I might just go off to bed and hopefully wake up to find it's finally finished.

ARGHGHGGhh
Woke up to find it finished downloading.. Went to extract the zip....
corrupt archive!! f*cking f*cker!
doh
now everytime i try and download the demo it keeps finishing on like 100kb
godamit
Gona try off the ngs now..
b0lox

peat said:
ARGHGHGGhh
Woke up to find it finished downloading.. Went to extract the zip....
corrupt archive!! f*cking f*cker!
doh
now everytime i try and download the demo it keeps finishing on like 100kb
godamit
Gona try off the ngs now..
b0lox
Tough luck mate :(

Well I woke up to find both torrents had finished. So installed the first one, load up the game but when I try to start a game (multi or single) it starts loading the map and after about 15% crashes to the desktop! Fook!

Ive just got it now off the ngs
off to try ..
wooohooooo :)

boadc is your pc over the min spec like?

i have graphical issues playing on an ati x800xt (tried cat.5.4&5.6), also tried low, high & custom settings ingame)

i only can find nvidia drivers in the demo-package are there special ones for ati, too?

greetings seppovich

peat said:
boadc is your pc over the min spec like?
Yeah mate. Got it working, had to re-install. Only played single player so far but I'm liking it.

seppovich said:
i have graphical issues playing on an ati x800xt (tried cat.5.4&5.6), also tried low, high & custom settings ingame)
Hey man try Omega drivers. http://www.omegadrivers.net/

I'm running the 2.6.05a drivers but try the latest ones first :)

Its well smart. Bl00dy hard though, only problem is I am getting ctds after about 4 minutes. :\ Not sure whats causing that at the moment.

I was getting 50-60fps with all max settings and 4x AA and 8x anisotropic filtering. Which is fecking good in my book.

Yeah I just got a CTD while playing just now. I'm also running max settings with 4AA and 8AF with no slowdowns. I'll have to install FRAPS in a bit to see exactly what my fps are.

Im going to try without any nvidia settings and see what happens.
Its probably that, I know it used to cause problems on MOHPA and that was EA too.
Problem is everytime I set video settings in the game it doesnt hold them.
grrr.

Well its not the nvidia settings causing the problem, or running having virus software running. hmmmmm
I havent managed to finish a round yet! :|

I disabled AA and I managed to get through a couple of rounds online without any problems. Seems as though there are a lot of bugs.

Hmmm that's kinda weird. Have you tried re-installing the game seppovich?

Had a quick bash with everything on high and it doesn't run too well. I've gotta go to work but will try later with AA off.

What I played though, I liked :)

ClassicD said:
Didn't like it at first, but my goodness this game is absolute quality.
You having any problems with it? Like CTDs? I get one every now and again which can be annoying.

The game is great though. I really like the squad feature. It makes the game more team based. Just hope the full game isn't as buggy. Then all I'll need is Forgotten Hope 2 mod so I can play some WWII :mrgreen: !

Edit - Btw just in case anybody wants to run at 1280 x 1024 cos they have a tft add:

+szx 1280 +szy 1024

to the Battlefield shortcut target. It doesn't work for everyone though.

Last edited:

Not CTD yet, tho it did hang a couple of times on the menu and I needed to switch the PC off at the mains to solve that.

Commander mode = brilliant!

Yeah it really adds to the gameplay. Off to play somemore I think!

So me and peat are putting up with all these problems and you and Classic are getting away scot free! The two of yous even downloaded it within an hour! :roll: :)

Back
Top Bottom