1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Batman Begins

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Black, 20 March 2005.

1. Black

Black Guest

I just had a look at teh line up for Batman begins and its quite impressive. Hopefully this will bring back some enjoyment to a franchise which the movie people seem to be desperatly trying to fuck right up.

Cast overview, first billed only:
    Christian Bale .... Bruce Wayne/Batman
    Michael Caine .... Alfred Pennyworth
    Liam Neeson .... Henri Ducard
    Morgan Freeman .... Lucius Fox
    Gary Oldman .... Lt. James Gordon
    Ken Watanabe .... Ra's Al Ghul
    Katie Holmes .... Rachel Dodson
    Cillian Murphy .... Dr. Jonathan Crane/The Scarecrow
    Tom Wilkinson .... Carmine Falcone
    Rutger Hauer .... Richard Earle
    Sara Stewart .... Martha Wayne
    Richard Brake .... Joe Chill
    Gus Lewis .... Young Bruce Wayne
    Emma Lockhart .... Young Rachel Dawes
    Linus Roache .... Dr. Thomas Wayne

2. Soundtracker

Soundtracker Guest

Don't forget who the director is...Christopher Nolan (Memento,Insomnia...)
    And Bale is the perfect guy for the Batman role!

3. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Really lookin forward to this movie, I loved the first two movies, but the last two were complete pish, Michael Keaton was an awesome Batman, Val Kilmer tried his best to look more wooden than the inside of Ikea, and George Clooney just walked about thinking about the money some damn fool decided to throw at him for it.b

4. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Batman and Robin wasnt entirely Clooneys fault, it was the fucking awful script and cheesy bad guy. Yes, I know there were 2 bad guys in that film but Uma wasnt that bad. Arnie, however, was fucking rubbish.

Looking forward to the new film and think Bale will make the Batman role his own

5. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    When is the release date?

6. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    This movie is really gonna kick ass. IMO Batman is definately the best super hero ever!

7. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    I think I'm too cynical to believe a Batman film will be any good. Still prefer the corny 60's series for entertainment value.

8. Azbo

Azbo Guest

I have been a Batgeek for years and I can't say I am too hopeful about this film either. Big cast but probabaly no substance. Caine, Hauer & Oldman are hammy.

The costume & Batnobile look Sh@te,

9. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    imo Sin City looks more impressive than Batman.

10. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    This ones suposed to be really dark isnt it?

11. Azbo

Azbo Guest

Yeah. Back to Batman's grittier origins.

Anything beats Arnie as Mr Freeze!! :lmao:

12. madman666

madman666 Non-League

24 December 2004
    This seems like it is going to be the Batman film most fans want to see. Bale and Nolan seem to understand the Batman mythos and the inherent danger involved with such a character. It's not supposed to be funny or campy, and as he has no superpowers everything he uses must have a practical application, hence the batmobile looks more like a tank. The suit is supposed to be the ultimate in stealth technology, kinda like sam fishers in splinter cell. After reading the script, I think this one may be on a par with Burtons version and might even better it.

13. sikersh

sikersh Conference

27 May 2003
    Manchester
    Yeah, I agree.
    I'm confident from what I've seen in Trailers/Tv Spots that this is gonna be fantastic. And another thing that makes it great is it hardly uses any CGI at all, which considering most of the top movies out this year (War Of The Worlds, Sin City, Star Wars etc...) are nearly all CGI esp Sin City.

14. DarkJedi69

DarkJedi69 Guest

I am really looking forward to seeing this film.

Great cast list, trailer looks interesting and good choice of director.

At least it should be better than Batman & Robin.

15. madman666

madman666 Non-League

24 December 2004
    They have one of the deepest characters ever written about to draw on. The use of CGI gives the director scope for unreal or superpowered abilities. Nolan knows Batman is human, and so his actions must be realistic and feasible. The only way to do this is the old fashioned way.

Have a look here http://download.theforce.net/theater/batman-deadend/Batman_Dead_End.movfor a cool Batman interpretation.